Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Well said and good memory 👏

Sad news filtering through that there has been another death in the homeless sector 🙏

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Certain quarters will be feverishly googling his/her background to see if they can find any dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It's actually the remit of Paul Reid(and his successor) and the HSE to fix it and it is not a money problem. SlainteCare is not shelved but it is not moving that quickly. One key concept is the agreement on public consultants only, which they say they hope to resolve this year. Regional health areas are another part of it and that is the responsibility of, surprise, surprise, the HSE. They have already begun to move on that with hospital group realignments. TBH neither your beliefs nor mine matter matter a whit, it's all down to identifiable outcomes and results.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Paul Reid had zero health experience, hopefully his replacement does. The HSE was created and is overseen by the government. Slaintecare is unofficially shelved IMO. We had a number of resignations were government unwillingness to push it onward was cited.

My 'beliefs', as cited above, are real and factual.

IMO, FF/FG, as in housing and health, have no interest in improving or fixing anything. I came to this conclusion after many decades of alledged incompetence.

• Advertisement

Has almost everyone involved with slaintecare essentially resigned as the government have done what they always do,make it so ineffective that it doesn't work....same as that cervical check tribunal,

(Unrelated but I hope I live long enough to see those women vindicated and every single tosspot,who wanted em silenced with threats of cancelling cervical check scheme for all,eat their words)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,297 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Indeed and despite being missing in action for months now, essentially based from home good bless him, he's finishing in October so he can take annual leave built up.

One of the most Bizzare appointments ever, essentially propped up by a few (now also gone) who got him through press conferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,890 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

They can't get everything right, especially as the smallest party in government.

Your position is clear, you set completely unreasonable objectives, goals and standards, and then complain when whichever government party of the day is in your target fails to meet them. Transparent posting.

They are integral to the government and are equally responsible for government decisions and can walk at any moment if their agenda isn't met,the tail can and should wag the dog in coalition

You think not allowing a sludge pipe to run 8km across country into river boyne is an unreasonable standard as regards environmental issue?

The belview cheese plant,is built by a Danish company,and entirely of its produce is to be exported,built here because it wasn't allowed on continental Europe....this is now deemed an unreasonable standard by green supporters

Allowing the Aughinish Alumina to expand its open ground toxic waste storage in an area projected to flood over next 3 decades is now deemed an unreasonable standard by green supporters?

Allowing data centres be built with their own generating stations attached,which use more water than small towns for cooling,are now deemed an unreasonable standard by green supporters?

These are simple issues,which could be faced down,and actually make environmental and ecological change in Ireland,instead any wanting country run right are screamed at,that this is an unreasonable standard,while liberials poison the island

• Advertisement

Three high profile members quit. Their issues seems to be more on the structural side, in terms of the accountability and the visibility. Keane did a really great job on cancer centres but that was a walk in the park compared to dealing with the Ship of State over a decade on an overall health system.

One can easily predict periods of stop/start and delays at times but this is an all-party approach and one that even the main driver, Shortall, reckons we will get to. As I said, two key planks look imminent on the hospital side but there is an incredibly long way to go, and COVID delays notwithstanding, we are probably 1-2 years behind.

I will follow this, because the main tenant of slaintecare that appeal,was care in community

But the HSE/government have recently changed rules around home-care and what can be done by carers calling to houses,and effectively decimated what was a brilliant service to a box-tick exercise destained to failure.....causing many to leave

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Do you have any personal experience of the carers calling to houses?

I would know an unreasonable amount of what goes on with carers calling to houses,and what they are/aren't allowed to do

I would know a care assistant in HSE gets e14.50 or so an hour starting off,many struggle to get hours,but contract care assistant cost state between 56 and 78 an hour and get plenty

I would know the HSE/government have recently curtailed many of tasks carers are allowed to do,and disciplined some for going above and beyond,and many feel it has taken good out of it as realistically each person requirements are different.....the full effects of this will play out over longer term

Except it's not,

it's a answer further outlining my knowledge of this area (and actually answers your qs,if your comprehension skills were up to scratch),

While maintaining privacy around my personal life

It's just gossip, any topic and you have the same stories.

I seen a thread on here when it is discussed in detail of people who actually use the service.

It's another topic dragged up here to slag off people working in the HSE for a pop at the government.

Its not gossip,I know this for fact.....but continue to try and dismiss any/all concerns about country going down the tubes,no wonder we're in mess we are in,when any/all concerns in any area are laughed at

It was a fantastic service,changed thousands of lives for better,but it's effectiveness has been curtailed by HSE/government for spurious reasons,and will fail in the longer term by not being adaptable enough

Last weekend you had a family member in the know about the HSE....but was completely wrong! I am not sure if they actually exist or you made them up but you never acknowledged their mistake...what a surprise.

A'hem A'hem, there you go again BA , you never dissapoiint, making assertions folks are slagging off Front line workers & those "Actually Working" in the HSE. Tut Tut.

I like most reasonable people separate The HSE Board, it's Directors , SeniorManagement & DG from those who work in the front line , day in & Day out . I know were the faults lay firmly & so do you.

Excuse after excuse for years from Top Brass & various Ministers with extraordinary funding put in place and continous dysfunction suggests to me something seriously wrong in how our Health services are being MANAGED .

• Advertisement

🤣 Thats the best you can come up with? You want to go again on this? No problemo.

The IMO and the doctors are wrong so - there is no national payroll system.

Junior doctor pay issues due to payroll system - IMO (rte.ie)

'Demoralising' issues for junior doctors caused by payroll system - IMO

Non-consultant hospital doctors, or junior doctors, are having difficulties getting paid, due to having to join new payroll systems every time they start at a new post, according to the Irish Medical Organisation.

Chairman of the non-consultant hospital doctors committee at the IMO Dr John Cannon said junior doctors rotate hospitals in Ireland every six to 12 months as part of their training programme.

Speaking on RTÉ's Morning Ireland, he said that when they change hospital, even though they remain in Health Service Executive employment as their main employer, "they actually technically change employer as well at a local level.

"So that means every time they go to a new hospital, even though they're still working for the HSE, they have to join a new payroll system as all the payroll systems in the HSE are siloed, there's no national payroll system," he added.

Dr Cannon said that this often results in doctors going on to emergency tax, being put on the wrong pay point on the scale, missing hours that they are due in their pay, and, in some cases, not even getting paid at all.

Dr Cannon said this is causing a lot of stress, and a lot of hardship for junior doctors, adding that the "system is broken" and apologies from the HSE "will no longer cut it".

He said the HSE has been aware the issues have been there for decades, and junior doctors have been repeatedly asked for the issues to be fixed.

"We have advised them that truly the one way to get rid of this issue is to have a single nationalised payroll system, similar to the gardaí, where at a click of a button every junior doctor in the country can be paid."

The IMO has a mandate from junior doctors for industrial action and strike.

"It's always been our goal to fix the issues in the system without putting any undue stress on the system, which is very, very stretched at the moment and to solve our issues without essentially going on strike," Dr Cannon added.

He said the IMO hopes negotiations with the HSE will start very soon.

"We're hoping to see real meaningful change, but we have to see that the HSE is willing to move and move fast," he said.

"So the HSE has proven that it can leverage technology. It can be agile and it can change quickly, so we want to see those changes happen now and to remove this stress and this hardship on junior doctors.

"If we see those changes are happening and there's a willingness there, then we will stay in negotiations."

Dr Cannon added that the issue is one of the reasons that doctors are leaving Ireland to go to other countries to work.

He said it "is demoralising. It's exhausting, it's deflating and it's one of the reasons why our junior doctors are leaving to go to New Zealand and Australia and Canada to countries that they are respected both as people and as professionals".

---------------------

"I might have family member in HSE so know all this"

You might yeah!

Credibility....Tatters. Report that.

I didn't expect you to apologise.

As I said carry on....

Have some integrity and admit you are wrong before you run away again.

HSE aims to reduce payroll overpayments (irishexaminer.com)

HSE aims to reduce payroll overpayments.

The HSE has established a national unit within its human resources division in an effort to reduce the problem of systemic payroll overpayments.

The move comes in the wake of an internal audit report for the Cork-Kerry region, revealed by the Irish Examiner, which detailed how a single employee at Cork University Hospital was overpaid by €416,000 over the space of nine years.

None of the overpaid money has been repaid to date, though the HSE said in the report that “negotiations are under way” between the employee and management. The worker remains employed at the hospital.

The new HR Pay Compliance Unit (HRPCU) is tasked with “monitoring overpayments on an ongoing basis” a HSE spokesperson said, including “reviewing the reasons” why such overpayments occur.

The internal audit review of overpayments found that the Cork-Kerry region had made nearly €900,000 worth of overpayments to employees by the end of September 2021.

One such potential write-off saw €37,080 paid out in pension entitlements between 2013 and 2017 to 63 former HSE workers who were deceased.

The HSE said it is currently implementing a “fully integrated” payroll solution, designed by a German firm, which was recently paid €3.9m for the delivery of a cloud-based software solution for the organisation

It recently emerged that non-consultant hospital doctors, who move between hospitals as part of their training in rotations of up to six months, are forced to endure delays in being paid, a fact the HSE apologised for.

Separately, many frontline workers — notably those in hospices, private nursing homes, and disability services — have yet to be paid their Covid bonus of €1,000 — three months after the even-then delayed payment first began to be dispersed.

---------------

So the HSE is wrong, the IMO is wrong, the nurses/doctors are wrong....but your 'might have a family member' is correct with a single link?

There is a plan to roll out a new national system using SAP but it will take years - I dont think you can comprehend how complex the HSE setup is. Hence Slaintecare which your government is making a complete balls of.

Good discussion on Brendan O'Connor re Troy and how we should also be looking at TD's spouses to see what assets are being hidden.

I talk to a person and you provide a link to some random article

As well I was having a decent discussion with another poster last week and then you came ploughing in to ruin it 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😡😡

Carry on

I've suggested we now need a "Dail Register for Shenanigans & Misinterpretions " 😏

They are not public representatives and assets allegedly being hidden are a Revenue purview. Can you imagine the number of lawsuits out of that?

No idea what you are talking about. Try actually replying to the content of the post. Credibility = Tatters.

Back to basics so.

You said the HSE have a national payroll system. Given all the data I have shown from HSE, IMO, INMO etc and various newspaper articles spelling out that payroll is still completely siloed (I bolded the important bits)....its a very simple question - Who is correct?

• Advertisement

Aragh I know yeah but the clever ones know exactly how to hide stuff from Revenue.

I remember even Eamon Gilmore's (Labour) wife had dodgy dealings when he was in power.

Gilmore defends wife's sale of €525,000 site for school – The Irish Times

Gilmore defends wife's sale of €525,000 site for school

LABOUR PARTY leader Eamon Gilmore has denied that recent media coverage surrounding the sale by his wife of land for a Galway school was embarrassing for him.

Advertisement