Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,761 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    Of course they are, there are experts every day calling for Zero Covid, other experts saying we don't need any lockdown at all.

You want a view on Covid, you will find an expert to back you up.

Only ditch hurlers hide behind experts.

Alright Mr Pedantic...are they ignoring any NPHET advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,755 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Alright Mr Pedantic...are they ignoring any NPHET advice?

Again, NPHET doesn't speak with one voice consistently, there are differing views within NPHET, sometimes their advice is an unworkable compromise of those differing views. NPHET are not unchallengable deities.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Jaysis when Stephen has ye down to grumbling about stuff like this, he must be flying :)

Meanwhile, nobody has anything to say about Norma. She schooled yis all good.

You're confusing grumbling with piss taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

My brother rang his gp this morning,cohort 7 and is being done next wenesday
    If you are waiting,you need to be pushy because mistakes happen
    My vaccination is not taking place at my GP's. It's been done at a private hospital where I have been getting treatment. The email I was sent said to only send them my PPS number as they are too busy to answer any queries.

Again, NPHET doesn't speak with one voice consistently, there are differing views within NPHET, sometimes their advice is an unworkable compromise of those differing views. NPHET are not unchallengable deities.

Funny I could be sure people where defending Leo's government by saying he was following NPHET's expert advice as he was supposed to. Must go and check who was saying that.

So, for the record are you saying they are ignoring some of NPHET's advice here?

• Advertisement

Did you send it to the correct email address?
    I replied to the email I was sent, so I don't know how it would have gone to the wrong email address.

Who here disagrees with the move to relax restrictions? Now is the time to register your disapproval.
    It will be better than looking wise in hindsight if/when the 4th wave hits in a month's time. Speak up now (not like in December)

I am counting down to our fourth wave. We had less cases when we opened up last December and look what happened. Last December they ignored NPHET'S advice and last May NPHET recommended MHQ which finally took place nearly a year later and when it was put in place it was done half heartedly. It's as if they want it to fail.

Jaysis when Stephen has ye down to grumbling about stuff like this, he must be flying :)

Meanwhile, nobody has anything to say about Norma. She schooled yis all good.

What has Norma done?

Listening to Fionnan Sheehan say that they have ignored some NPHET advice, so on record here, I'll have to reserve judgement.
    I defer to the experts, if they say future problems were caused because of the advice they ignored here then the buck once again stops with those who ignored that advice.

Too many lives at stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Listening to Fionnan Sheehan say that they have ignored some NPHET advice, so on record here, I'll have to reserve judgement.
    I defer to the experts, if they say future problems were caused because of the advice they ignored here then the buck once again stops with those who ignored that advice.

Too many lives at stake.

Back up on the ditch with ya Francie;)

• Advertisement

skimpydoo wrote: »
    What has Norma done?

Delivered reopening of the schools and put manners on the teachers unions.

You asked, I answered. Sorry it wasn't what you were looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭mattser

Mary Lou on news there was very fair and balanced. Wasn't taking a cowardly line of govt ignoring experts.
    On a day when everyone I've spoken to or seen interviewed is brighter and more hopeful, the perma whingers must stir the poo.
    These people are pathetic. Not sure why anyone would engage with them.

You asked, I answered. Sorry it wasn't what you were looking for.

Your answer is you don't know. For the record.

Your answer is you don't know. For the record.

I was very specific actually. If one of the ignored pieces of expert advice is attributed to be the cause of a surge then the buck for that stops with those who ignored that bit of expert advice.

Government remains accountable, even if you guys want to continue giving free passes.

I was very specific actually. If one of the ignored pieces of expert advice is attributed to be the cause of a surge then the buck for that stops with those who ignored that bit of expert advice.

Government remains accountable, even if you guys want to continue giving free passes.

Can you pinpoint the omissions that led to the increase in cases during December?
    Or would Christmas, new variants, people returning home from high incidence areas abroad, have any bearing?
    Please share your calculations on how you apportioned the effects. Regards etc

As a lecturer one said to us, a whale only gets harpooned when it comes up to blow.

Can you pinpoint the omissions that led to the increase in cases during December?
    Or would Christmas, new variants, people returning home from high incidence areas abroad, have any bearing?
    Please share your calculations on how you apportioned the effects. Regards etc

Scroll back the thread, you'll find it discussed there.

As a lecturer one said to us, a whale only gets harpooned when it comes up to blow.

Perfectly put. Proof that it doesn't take dozens of pointless posts a day, ( even if you had the time ), to deliver a knockout punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

It was a long and expensive mistake. But meaningful...

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement

A lot of people died because of that mistake, some people I know. These guys want to turn it into a cheap political jibe if you criticise it. Appalling.

Scroll back the thread, you'll find it discussed there.

France, Portugal, Spain, Netherlands Finland, Norway, Sweden, Germany, UK all spiked in Dec Jan. All coincidental with the largest Christian festival of the year. Irelands pattern was similar, inward migration of citizens, and more transmissible variants, playing a key role.

You say that the Jan spike was 100% down to a deviation between NPHET position and that of the government. That appears somewhat implausible given the comparable pattern in other jurisdictions. It could be concluded that you have tried to politicise the issue.

Or perhaps you have analysed and apportioned the relative effects. If so, and to save us all trawling back through the thread, please show your work and enlighten us once again.

Meaningfull for Mary Lou anyway
    She was all in favour of hospitality being open :)

https://www.facebook.com/sinnfein/videos/236387647821585/

France, Portugal, Spain, Netherlands Finland, Norway, Sweden, Germany, UK all spiked in Dec Jan. All coincidental with the largest Christian festival of the year. Irelands pattern was similar, inward migration of citizens, and more transmissible variants, playing a key role.

You say that the Jan spike was 100% down to a deviation between NPHET position and that of the government. That appears somewhat implausible given the comparable pattern in other jurisdictions. It could be concluded that you have tried to politicise the issue.

Or perhaps you have analysed and apportioned the relative effects. If so, and to save us all trawling back through the thread, please show your work and enlighten us once again.

Not interested in re-hashing that Finty. Especially with someone who is already lying and misrepresenting what was said/claimed. At no time did I use the figure 100%.

Which bit though? And to what extent?
    And how would that be squared with the patterns in the rest of western Europe? Or are you just speculating again?

Not interested in re-hashing that Finty. Especially with someone who is already lying and misrepresenting what was said/claimed. At no time did I use the figure 100%.

Not 100% then? That's a start. Care to put a figure on it?

That wont stop the hypocrites conjuring some sort of get out clause for themselves. Mary Lou was supportive of todays decisions also in the main.

You may need to account for multicollinearity in your approximations of blame Francie. But at least we have established that that you don't 100% blame the government.
    You have grown a bit it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Mary Lou is not in government and I do not support SF.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement

You may need to account for multicollinearity in your approximations of blame Francie. But at least we have established that that you don't 100% blame the government.
    You have grown a bit it seems.

I never did Finty.

Mis-representation and lies again. Glad I didn't waste time debating with you. good luck now.

Advertisement