Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

So……They DID know that it was in the pipeline. Just weren’t prepared. Tough.

More from the article:

At another pharmacy, a worker said that they are taking names to vaccinate the new age groups, but can’t do anything for those under 50 yet as they are still waiting HSE guidance.

One pharmacist in Dublin City centre said that he had heard some talk about this being a possibility during the week, but this was the first he had heard about official confirmation.

He has since applied to the HSE to order more of the Janssen jab into his business.

“It was alright before now because most of the over 50s are vaccinated anyway,” he said, “but we have quite a young demographic around us here.”

Another pharmacist from a different pharmacy in the South Dublin area said: “My phone is so bad, I can barely do my normal day’s work.

“It wasn’t communicated. The HSE and government kind of dumped it on pharmacies and didn’t communicate it properly. And a lot of pharmacies have waiting lists and they’ve no vaccines.

“It’s crazy, crazy!”

Another pharmacist contacted The Journal to say: “We only had 20 vaccines to give out because that was what we had leftover from the over 50′s and we had no communication from the HSE as to when or how many doses, if any, that we will be getting from them.

“We were totally thrown in the deep end here and only able to provide the information that we got from the news,” he said. “They haven’t even contacted us to tell us that we are getting more vaccines! It’s impossible!”

They are still waiting for a plan to be put in place over the weekend for Monday’s rollout.

Well that's their unions fault
    I rang all 3 of my local ones this morning and all three were taking names
    One directed me online
    I wonder how many the journal contacted before they found their 12 :rolleyes:
    Honestly Good news stories like this and negative crap splattered about
    Most important thing today is jabs are accelerating big time now

Jabs are accelerating is a good thing and I am not knocking that. I am knocking on how it was communicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,990 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I don’t lie.

Explain how pharmacies where doing something for the last week that was only announced today for the 5th July then.

Was it a mistake? You were confused by the abysmal communications of the government or was it a lie to make the government look good?

It's one or the another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Portugal and Spain are heading for lockdown.
    Enjoy your holidays you dopes

Ryanair doing return flights for €14.99 each way and I guess they want you to have money for the various Covid tests you will be doing.

• Advertisement

Explain how pharmacies where doing something for the last week that was only announced today for the 5th July then.

Was it a mistake? You were confused by the abysmal communications of the government or was it a lie to make the government look good?

It's one or the another.

'Minister for Health Stephen Donnelly has announced an expansion of the vaccination roll-out programme to younger people.

It will see the 18-34 age group being able to 'opt in' for Janssen or AstraZeneca for earlier vaccination.

Speaking on RTÉ's Morning Ireland programme, Mr Donnelly said this 'opt-in' system will run in parallel with the online portal registration, calling it a two-track approach in the vaccine roll-out.

From next Monday, 750 pharmacies can begin administering the Janssen vaccine to people in the 18-34 age groups, who have opted in.' This explains the change.

Govt have crafted a message that creates an urgency to get vaccinated among the cohort least likely to present. Kinda brilliant when you think about it.

'Minister for Health Stephen Donnelly has announced an expansion of the vaccination roll-out programme to younger people.

It will see the 18-34 age group being able to 'opt in' for Janssen or AstraZeneca for earlier vaccination.

Speaking on RTÉ's Morning Ireland programme, Mr Donnelly said this 'opt-in' system will run in parallel with the online portal registration, calling it a two-track approach in the vaccine roll-out.

From next Monday, 750 pharmacies can begin administering the Janssen vaccine to people in the 18-34 age groups, who have opted in.' This explains the change.

Govt have crafted a message that creates an urgency to get vaccinated among the cohort least likely to present. Kinda brilliant when you think about it.

And Maryanne said this has been running all last week without problems. She was asked to back that up but has declined.
    She is either confused by government communications or bluffing/lying to make the government look good.

She can clear it all up by telling us which pharmacy was running this scheme 'all last week'.

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Jabs are accelerating is a good thing and I am not knocking that. I am knocking on how it was communicated.

A very Niche complaint

And Maryanne said this has been running all last week without problems. She was asked to back that up but has declined.
    She is either confused by government communications or bluffing/lying to make the government look good.

She can clear it all up by telling us which pharmacy was running this scheme 'all last week'.

Well done. You have outfoxed Mary Anne. A big win for you.

The FrancieBrady account is right about the Mary Anne account being wrong
    Once is enough to say it though

• Advertisement

The FrancieBrady account is right about the Mary Anne account being wrong
    Once is enough to say it though

Cavalry arrives.

So you think it is ok to bluff/lie...ok, noted.

Cavalry arrives.

Hypocritical putting words into a mouth that weren't said
    For an account too that gives out about that so much

Ahh, don’t be spoiling Frankie fun.

Ok, spoke with Sonny Jim. He gets his annual flu jab in our local pharmacy. He saw that they were taking bookings for unvaccinated over 50’s, so rang last Friday to ask if they might be doing the under 50’s at any time. They said that there was very little uptake in the over 50’s group and expected to be cleared to do the under 50’s in the coming weeks and did he want to put his name down, so he did.

No doubt Francie will be along shortly to pick holes/pour scorn on this and previous posts of mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,377 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Stop Mary. It's embarassing.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,377 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

You'll be throwing around made up numbers next :D

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Speaking of bluff and lies, 'rent control will benefit tenents'
    'Banning building investment funds from the market will improve housing supply' are two great lies/bluffs doing the rounds recently. I wish FFG would tackle that rubbish head on.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Cavalry arrives.

Bluffing, lieing is wrong, but supporting a political wing of a terrorist organisation is OK?

Seems to me that a lot of politicians bluff and lie - across the board. Not to many of them make bombs though.

Ok, spoke with Sonny Jim. He gets his annual flu jab in our local pharmacy. He saw that they were taking bookings for unvaccinated over 50’s, so rang last Friday to ask if they might be doing the under 50’s at any time. They said that there was very little uptake in the over 50’s group and expected to be cleared to do the under 50’s in the coming weeks and did he want to put his name down, so he did.

No doubt Francie will be along shortly to pick holes/pour scorn on this and previous posts of mine!

No picking holes, I'll just leave that there in all it's magnificence.

Triangle wrote: »
    Bluffing, lieing is wrong,

Glad we cleared that up. I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Like something from a "Sir Norman Fry" sketch, just needed the "As far as I'm concerned, that is the end of the matter. Thank you.", and it would have been completed. :D

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    Like something from a "Sir Norman Fry" sketch.

The circling of the wagons was familiar and funny too.

Stop Mary. It's embarassing.
    No picking holes, I'll just leave that there in all it's magnificence.
    The circling of the wagons was familiar and funny too.

See what I mean! So predictable. Some cannot bear to see that the country is on the up under the current government!

Freedom 21 wrote: »
    Will there be a new announcement regarding the plans for reopening now that Leo is in the Independent saying there is no reason to believe a 4th wave is coming

A big change in Govt thinking in 24 hours

Try reading the article before posting.

“ TÁNAISTE Leo Varadkar has insisted there is “no reason to believe” a fourth lockdown will be imposed on the country despite the looming threat of the Delta variant of the coronavirus.

Mr Varadkar said yesterday that there will be a fourth wave of the pandemic over the coming summer months and admitted that at this point the Government do not know how long it will last or how bad it will be.

However, he insisted the country would “weather through” another spike in new cases by ramping up vaccinations, keeping the current restrictions in place and introducing vaccine passes for indoor dining.

“There is no reason to believe that we will be forced to go into a fourth lockdown because of the variant,” Mr Varadkar told the Irish Independent. ”

See what I mean! So predictable. Some cannot bear to see that the country is on the up under the current government!

'Some' made no comment on 'the country'. 'Some' challenged you on suspected bluffing/lies.

But you cleared it all up Maryanne, no doubt about it. ;)

You'll be throwing around made up numbers next :D

ECDC ... its all there

Ireland ahead of Germany, France, Portugal, Sweden, Norway on vaccine schedule.

Similar to Austra and Denmark, remember those two who were lauded here as being massively progressive on their sourcing policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Ireland ahead of Germany, France, Portugal, Sweden, Norway on vaccine schedule.

Similar to Austra and Denmark, remember those two who were lauded here as being massively progressive on their sourcing policy?

This is something that the government deserves great credit for. They have ensured that we have had one of the most efficient distributions of vaccines. If they pull of the Romanian deal, we will move ahead of everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

skimpydoo wrote: »
    More from the article:

At another pharmacy, a worker said that they are taking names to vaccinate the new age groups, but can’t do anything for those under 50 yet as they are still waiting HSE guidance.

One pharmacist in Dublin City centre said that he had heard some talk about this being a possibility during the week, but this was the first he had heard about official confirmation.

He has since applied to the HSE to order more of the Janssen jab into his business.

“It was alright before now because most of the over 50s are vaccinated anyway,” he said, “but we have quite a young demographic around us here.”

Another pharmacist from a different pharmacy in the South Dublin area said: “My phone is so bad, I can barely do my normal day’s work.

“It wasn’t communicated. The HSE and government kind of dumped it on pharmacies and didn’t communicate it properly. And a lot of pharmacies have waiting lists and they’ve no vaccines.

“It’s crazy, crazy!”

Another pharmacist contacted The Journal to say: “We only had 20 vaccines to give out because that was what we had leftover from the over 50′s and we had no communication from the HSE as to when or how many doses, if any, that we will be getting from them.

“We were totally thrown in the deep end here and only able to provide the information that we got from the news,” he said. “They haven’t even contacted us to tell us that we are getting more vaccines! It’s impossible!”

They are still waiting for a plan to be put in place over the weekend for Monday’s rollout.

Oh dearie me, the government moves quickly and private sector pharmacists are slow on the uptake. I am surprised that we haven't had SF types on here calling for the nationalisation of pharmacies because they are slow to implement the government's decision.

Oh.......I see,.....that would mean conceding the government is right to roll out vaccines as quick as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭mattser

blanch152 wrote: »
    Oh dearie me, the government moves quickly and private sector pharmacists are slow on the uptake. I am surprised that we haven't had SF types on here calling for the nationalisation of pharmacies because they are slow to implement the government's decision.

Oh.......I see,.....that would mean conceding the government is right to roll out vaccines as quick as possible.

I see the same perma whingers have run out of government damning weekend ' breaking stories '. You know, the ones that never were.
    Another week wasted plodding the keyboard.
    Do they ever do a days work ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

mattser wrote: »
    I see the same perma whingers have run out of government damning weekend ' breaking stories '. You know, the ones that never were.
    Another week wasted plodding the keyboard.
    Do they ever do a days work ?

Babs and Hookie in unison?

Advertisement