Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭US3

Marc Mac Sharry has rejoined what he called an "undemocratic totalitarian regime". Read his resignation letter from last year and it is truly baffling how he has rejoined the same party.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

The move was proposed by Barry Cowen. Both dislike Martin.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Could be trouble ahead for Martin.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 27,667 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I think someone predicted there would be trouble ahead for Martin when McSharry was kicked out. Now the prediction is that there is trouble ahead when he comes back in. Lanigan's Ball was always trouble.

You are missing the point. When the knives are out, the more knives the better. Hence one of the ringleaders bringing back in another anti-Martin TD. Let's see what happens after transition. It's a party divided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭votecounts

Disgraceful attention seeking tweet from one of the dumbest Ministers this country has ever had.

Madigan makes a fool of herself on a continual basis. You would think a trained solicitor would have more sense. Crass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭votecounts

The worst of it is reading the tweets coming from the Unionist Community who all seem genuinely sorry for the Donegal Community, you know showing some actual humanity. But Madigan does not seem able to do this, you'd wonder how she got her law degree. I hope her constituents have read her tweet and throw her out and Leo should sack her as well beforehand.

Looks like FF backbenchers are getting worried about their seats. Wonder how Donohoe will handle this?

Regards...jmcc

Students walk out in protest at accommodation crisis (rte.ie)

Students at third level colleges across the country have walked out of lectures and tutorials this morning in protest at the accommodation and cost-of-living crises.

Pointing to an expected shortage of 20,000 student beds by 2024, the union has criticised the Government for not capping student rents and said Budget 2023 showed no commitment to solving the shortage.

There are still countless students who cannot source accommodation, who are making whole day commutes to attend college and are living in hostels, they said, adding that a number of students have been forced to defer their courses because of financial pressures.

------------

Look students, FFG have certainly ruined the housing/rental market but please don't defer your courses because we need you earning soon to pay the astronomincal national debt and future pension liabilities (esp for FFG ministers past and present). Landlords like Troy need your parents money too or they will 'leave the market'. By the way, don't get sick.

• Advertisement

That's a serious problem for FFG in that it will be losing younger demographics who have the capability (Student Unions) to organise a bloc vote.

Regards...jmcc

And their parent's votes. And it won't be fixed anytime soon. I expect them to miss all the housing plan targets.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,608 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I think I said this would happen with the Greens a few weeks ago when another poster was wishcasting an election be ause of LNG storage.

Eamon Ryan said Ireland needs storage as an extra security layer and a review is under way to come up with real solutions that will give the country greater security in a way that is in the public interest and will not breach climate targets.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2022/1013/1328903-ireland-energy/

'80 hours a week' - Why doctors are leaving Ireland (rte.ie)

'80 hours a week' - Why junior doctors are leaving Ireland for Australia.

He told Prime Time that he has not worked anything longer than a 37-hour week since arriving there.

It’s a stark contrast to his last job in Ireland, which saw him working between 65 and 80 hours a week. Though it’s a situation familiar to many junior doctors, it ultimately brought Dr Donovan to a breaking point.

"I ended up working, essentially, 19 calendar days in a row, which got me feeling particularly low. I was just really upset. It was just horrific," he said.

This year, 442 Irish doctors applied for an Australian working visa. It’s a number that’s higher than at any point over the last 12 years, a number that’s been rising steadily since 2019.

-------

This government is preparing us well to utterly fail. What a legacy.

I could never understand junior doctors working such ridiculous hours. Same goes for nurses 13 hour days. There’s no way they can give the same level of care after the regulation 8 hours.

I heard on the radio this morning that consultants feel the 'winter plan' is a complete fantasy.

Many months before new consultants in place - HSE (rte.ie)

The President of the Irish Hospital Consultants' Association said very few of the 608 new staff that will be hired as part of the Health Service Executive's Winter Plan will be consultants.

Professor Robert Landers said even if more were to be hired it would be winter 2024 before they would be "on the ground" as it takes over 500 days to recruit a consultant in the current framework.

Speaking on the same programme, he said it is "alarming" that there are 900 posts unfilled currently and that Ireland only has 40% of the EU average number of consultants.

Prof Landers said it is estimated that by 2030, Ireland will need an additional 5,000 acute hospital beds and that similar to the number of consultants in the system, the number of acute hospital beds is running at just under 40% of the EU average.

"Until such time as the country and the Government face up to that fact and employ a lot more consultants and put in a lot more hospital beds, we will continue every winter to have this conversation about capacity, about delays, then about overcrowding."

--------------

But the nurse-to-bed ratio....?

I watched the debate on the health service from last Monday and it was clear that the experts and doctors are exasperated by all the spoof Donnelly (FF) comes out with. They particularly slammed Slaintecare which they all agreed would never ever happen - they all said the government are paying lip service to it. Roisin Shortall (SD) was superb at cutting through the BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Sure, aren't the young doctors just heading to Australia on a jolly. That was what we were told on here the last time there was criticism of the state of our doctors' and nurses' workload.

I see the Gardai want to keep their 12-hour COVID rosters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭CarProblem

Can't imagine not implementing it was however, seeing the SDs have never been in government

I'm sure Blanch meant it was a "Róisín Shortall" idea...

You are feigning ignorance?

Sláintecare is an initiative aimed at abolishing Ireland's two-tier health system and fixing some of the underlying flaws in our health system (lower costs, better outcomes, reduced waiting lists/times etc). The idea came about following the 2016 GE, with all Oireachtas parties supporting the much needed reform. The specifics are in the Sláintecare report published in 2017 by the Oireachtas Committee on the Future of Healthcare. Róisin Shortall chaired the committee which included 13 other TDs from all the political parties.

The FG Government responded by publishing the Sláintecare Implementation Strategy in 2018 outlining the actions to be taken in the first 3 years. The Department of Health has overall responsibility for Sláintecare, but the day-to-day implementation belongs to Sláintecare Programme Implementation Office.

In late 2021 the executive director Laura Magahy and chair Professor Tom Keane separately announced their decisions to step down from their respective roles. Shortly afterwards Professor Anthony O'Connor also confirmed his resignation.

Prof Keane attributed his decision to his unhappiness over how the programme was being delivered - "Sadly, I have come to conclude that the requirements for implementing this unprecedented programme for change are seriously lacking." Prof O'Connor predicted the initiative is "doomed to fail" in his resignation letter.

To sum up, Roisin Shortall (SD) is absolutely right when she says your FFG government is failing to support Slaintecare. Hence the slow progress. She would know.

You're welcome.

This is simply unfathomable - I see you have state confiscation of private assets now Father?

See that Martin had to correct the Dail record:

The accompanying image in the link above is funny. It looks like he has been given FF's latest poll figures. :)

Regards...jmcc

Well done Norma Foley on providing a date for the Junior Cert results....end of November!! They are usually out in September.

And more protests around the school transport disaster. Superb planning.

What a department.

Worst government ever.

Post edited by Cluedo Monopoly on

First term Teacher/TD made a minister by another Teacher/TD. Worked out well, hasn't it? Think that 28% of the Oireachtas were teachers of some description a few years ago. Guess that would be an FF- grade for her tenure as minister.

Regards...jmcc

It was like she was only told about it today. "We must find out why this is happening"

She's a shambles of a minister.

• Advertisement

Poor divil cannot get back into FF

TD 'upset, offended' after 'issue' halts party return (rte.ie)

MacSharry 'upset and offended' after 'issue' halts parliamentary party return

"Some colleagues have informed me that they assumed that, such was the cryptic and serious nature of the Chief Whip's comments, that I was being subjected to a criminal investigation," the letter stated.

The Sligo-Leitrim TD strongly believes the motion to readmit him to the Parliamentary Party should have proceeded as had been agreed the previous week.

He said that he assumes the "issue" referred to at the meeting was a complaint arising from comments made in a "private WhatsApp group".

----------------------------

Murky stuff from big mouth anti-vax McSharry. He resigned FF so he could vote against Crony Coveney. Big Jim was backing him today on Claire Byrne for a trumphant return. Perhaps with Bertie? All is not well. Good.

Advertisement