Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,656 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

What is the point you are trying to make? Is it some kind of personal dig because it doesn't seem to have any relevance to the topic or my post?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

I wouldn't have asked you to spell it out if I did. I think you may have been responding to the wrong post or the wrong poster as the post had nothing to do with the point I made.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭CarProblem

The first FG meeting I went to (around 2008/09 in one of the O'Callaghan Group hotels near Merrion Square) Enda Kenny was speaking. Essentially said the longer the then FF/Green government went on the better the chance of a FG single party government

I assume you'll now be dropping your membership in disgust at such cowardice? Whoops, sorry, I forgot. You're a green party supporter (L O f**king L)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Are you saying personal tax rates too high? And social welfare rates are too low? How are you going to bridge that gap?

I will meet you for a cup of tea and tell you about the three family members of mine who received excellent care in a modern health service. Staff and facilities and services in the region are unrecognizably superior to what they were 20 years ago. You don't hear that on the radio because there's no story in it.

But anyway, you can tell stories about your poor uncle all you like, or take a look at the actual outcomes instead. Life expectancy in Ireland has increased at a faster rate in Ireland than any EU country in the last 3 decades, now one of the highest in EU and, interestingly, a country with an even regional distribution of outcomes i.e. there is no 'disadvantaged' area. FF have brought excellent healthcare outcomes to the whole country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭CarProblem

@Finty Lemon no I'm saying income tax rates are too high & social welfare rates (including pensions) too high (as I've said repeatedly on here). With zero basis you said another poster wanted to "eliminate the rich" - I said the government is already doing a great job of that through excessive taxation to fund over generous welfare and excessive spending

I can also tell you of excellent people working in the health system that I have interacted with but of an overall shambolic system (like I posted earlier - we will spend 9.2bn or 65% more on this shambolic system in 2023 vs 2012). I can also introduce you to families of suicide victims who's loved ones may still be alive today i we had actual mental health services. I can introduce to exasperated healthcare professionals who work heard but are beaten down by the system

About 5 years ago my GP told me I was "lucky" I'd private health insurance as otherwise I'd be waiting at least 18 months for a minor operation. I can't imagine he'd console someone on the public waiting list (who could do little to no physical exercise over that time) with "yeah but outcomes - once you actually get into the bloody system"

But hey keep on truckin' and fighting the good fight. FF will never do us wrong (bar the odd national bankruptcy or 3, the auld tribunals revealing endemic corruption etc etc)

Post edited by CarProblem on

Yes yes....FF and health outcomes. Read some of the headlines from last week please. And then wake up.

I wonder why Colm Brophy was dropped to the backbenches. I mean he is a dose but I assumed he was tolerated due to his willingness to spoof and not answer questions in the media.

This is exactly what we need. The more time in coalition together the better for our dysfunctional political system.

Smooth transition offers little hint of choppier waters ahead – Connacht Tribune – Galway City Tribune:

Bertie Ahern’s former adviser Gerry Howlin was also on radio at the weekend saying that the parties are indistinguishable and have been since 2015, when both agreed to do a ‘Confidence and Supply’ agreement. While Fianna Fáil were nominally in opposition – and believed it was keeping its own authentic identity intact – the public perception was that they were getting to be one and the same.

Tweedledum and Tweedledee etc – or FFG, to use the favourite acronym of the green biro brigade on Twitter. That’s been cemented by the Coalition we have at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Just popped in to say Happy Christmas, its been a while 😏 Best Christmas present was Colm Brophy getting Drop Kicked. What a shameful week in Irish Politics, Some extraordinary lack of self awareness on Twitter also albeit resulting in some Hillarious Video's

But nonetheless, Have a great Christmas all 😏

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Ireland has the highest life expectancy in the EU in 2022. That's the standout headline.

Thanks to Micheal Martin and FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭howiya

Fair play to them. However longer life expectancy and changing demographics have created other very predictable problems such as overcrowding in hospitals. What are FF doing to fix this?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,608 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The health budget has been constantly increased for years. A lot of the extra budget gets used on increased wages for health staff.

Which opposition party will fix that?

Three new elective hospitals, in Dublin, Galway and Cork, will be built under Slaintecare. Numerous upgrades to other sites, and a significant new cancer research programme at UCC.

The changes made and being made are a mature move away from the archaic County hospital model, where the name and title of the hospital was more valued than the services within.

Still, opportunist opposition politicians will bleat about

'save (insert town name) hospital'

blah blah blah, with no plan whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

I know that it is the season of good will but here's the only response necessary to Martin and Varadkar and Ryan: you are surplus to the requirements of a decent society.

People have died because these politicians have consistently screwed up the economy, housing, and the health service. Parents have seen their children emigrate because the incompetence of these politicians has made the price of housing too high while at the same time selling out Irish houses to vulture funds.

Grandparents only see their grandchildren on Zoom or Skype while these politicians gorge themselves on their ill-gotten gains over Christmas. Even that joke of a station, RTE, is trying to rehabilitate FF's incompetent minister for finance Brian Cowen. In 2023, FFG and its presstitute friends will be trying rehabilitate Bertie Ahern for the 25th anniversary of the Good Friday Agreement.

FF's fate was sealed when it drove a road through royal Tara. Though it was once an Irish political party, its generation of spivs has consistently betrayed Ireland.

FF, FG and the Greens, who can tell the difference anymore? FFG are the modern-day equivalent of Leonard MacNally rather than of Wolfe Tone or Pearse. Though FFG lies about having noble aspirations, its politicians have only one real aspiration and it is not to make Ireland better. Their only aspiration is the pursuit of self-enrichment. It is telling that FFG wanted to commemorate the Black and Tans terrorists rather than fallen Irish patriots.Their flag is not the green, white and orange of Ireland but a brown envelope.

As for Martin, he's the kind of political poodle who would have welcomed Oliver Cromwell for a pat on his grovelling, subservient FFG head. Remember his comment about backward looking sovreignty while he grovelled in the Dail? He's FF's John Redmond.

Regards...jmcc

Post edited by jmcc on

Spoof alert - Slaintecare is no more than a strategy document at the moment. What hospitals will be built now???

--------------------------------

On September 8th 2021, the programme's executive director Laura Magahy and the SIAC's chair, Prof Tom Keane separately announced their decisions to step down from their respective roles. Just three weeks later, another SIAC member, Prof Anthony O'Connor also confirmed his resignation.

According to The Irish Times, Prof Keane attributed his decision to his unhappiness over how the programme was being delivered, stating: "Sadly, I have come to conclude that the requirements for implementing this unprecedented programme for change are seriously lacking."

Meanwhile, Prof O'Connor predicted the initiative is "doomed to fail" in his resignation letter and said the regionalisation of healthcare "will not happen".

Some SIAC members expressed their "shock, regret and concern" in a statement issued following Prof Keane and Ms Magahy's resignations, while Dr Eddie Molloy, one of the group members who signed the statement, told RTÉ that the Minister for Health's "resistance and delay" in implementing the Regional Health Areas was likely a factor.

The departures are significant as they raise questions regarding the feasibility of Sláintecare as a whole when some of the programme's key drivers opt to walk away.

If you want to make Slaintecare or any other health initiative work, strip every politician and their families of private health care insurance and only allow them to be dealt with through the public health system.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Number one thing that needs to be done is reducing the marginal rate of tax, that hits in from a low income. Of course like you say, its the last thing they will do. Increasing welfare and making work more unappealing is their priority...

Nonsense, how can it possibly be that we have the highest life expectancy in the EU and the government are to blame for people dying?

You can't change the facts, the government are responsible for more people living longer than anywhere else in the EU.

Whinging and moaning is so 2020.

• Advertisement

Ah the M3. Further from Tara than the R147.

Ireland's kids now emigrate for the experience of living abroad, not out of necessity as once was the tragic reality. A significant proportion return. Net immigration is positive.

Commemorating the Tans? When exactly did that happen, were there photos? Or are you still twisting a different story for all its worth?

There's a very upsetting article on the front page of the Independent about a funeral of a young girl, RIP, who lay on a hospital trolley for 16 hours before being seen. By then, it was too late. That is the reality of life and death in Ireland.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

Our hospitals are great once you are in there. If you have cancer or heart issues you will be well looked after. Top doctors, nurses and technology . The problems arise when you are trying to access other services or appointments for anything that will not kill you in the immediate future. There was a sign in Mullinagr hospital two weeks ago urging anybody that felt better to go home. Most people would not seek hospital care if they wern't feeling pretty ****. Waiting 12 hours to be seen is not looked at favourably by most people. Look it is a hard thing to solve for any government and the fault doesn't just lie with FF/FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

I don't get the appeal of living longer in misery - but hey, whatever floats yer boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭howiya

Will be built when? Will these projects be dogged by the same issues as the children's hospital project?

Why are there delays implenting Slaintecare? Why have people responsible for its implementation seen that they were banging their heads against a brick wall and thought it better to resign?

Instead we have record numbers on trolleys which the INMO have said were entirely predicable and government have a meeting on 23rd December. Should have been addressed before it got to that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭eggy81

Pretty much politics in a nut shell isn’t it?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Relax brah

Leo hasn’t wasted anytime taking MASSIVE ACTION since returning to his rightful seat.

The greatest leader this country has ever had since Michael Collins.

Looking forward to an EXCITING, PROSPEROUS and STRONG 2023 under Leo. Irelands son and true leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

April Fools Day is bit away yet - Happy Christmas tho.

• Advertisement

There will always be cases that are sad and unfortunate. At Christmas, we should remember that.

However, one swallow doesn't make a summer and the plural of anecdote is not data.

Advertisement