Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Oxo Moran

Someone said something negative about Fine Gael, and the rest is as expected.

I feel a lot of decisions the state makes is based on senior politicians endearing themselves to Brussels. Some have more high blown global illuminati theories, but I'd put my money on simple greed.

There is no question that FF/FG are moving us closer to being foot soldiers for some form of EU army, whatever the name used. When you take into account the lack of interest FF/FG have had in the army (and Garda for that matter) it's just not believable that recent moves aren't being led by interests other than Irish domestic or international security.

I've raised serial assaulter Senator McGahon's resent assault and FG's lack of action or comment, after spending the last few weeks going after similar types in the Army.

There is no way they'll go full term. Chambers is out right lying IMO. They want a give away goodies budget first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Augme

If you are incapable of reading, that's not my fault.

How exactly does Leo saying he thinks there will be a united Ireland mean FG want a united Ireland? Come on, surely you're smarter than that. I think Donald Trump will he the next president of America, it certainly doesn't mean I want him to be.

It does get worse by the day, amazing that some people are incapable of differentiating between a prediction and a desire for something.

Where are you getting the figure of billions from?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Both Chambers and Harris are lying. They'll brush it off as a white lie in October. I believe Martin is the real decision maker here.

FG fanboys will never see wrong with FG. There is no balance. Even when I asked were folks happy with FG continuing to blacken the Greens, there was no comment, even from so called Green voters. Regina had the job before but Emer Higgins has it now. They will all be turning on the Greens in the October campaign.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

I see Harris is backing away from the hate speech bill. They seem to just throw shite to see what sticks at this stage.

Always likely. McEntee can't even handle an interview about it. They will do the same on RTE and licenses i.e. Nothing. I doubt they will announce the 6 immigration processing centres around Ireland either. They actually achieve very very little when you look back. Leo was supposed to open the Children's Hospital just before an election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭Blut2

FG's current governmental policy on a united Ireland is very much in-line with the average Irish voter to be fair - in theory in favour, willing to say nice things about the possibility, but absolutely not making any efforts to make it happen any time soon because of the astronomical cost.

The vague polls that ask people "are you in favour of a United Ireland" that people like to point to never ask the important part of that question in the real world - "would you personally pay an extra 5000euro+ a year in tax, every year, to support unification with NI?". You can bet very few people will say yes to that.

NI is currently running at an annual deficit of approx £15bn (€18bn). A third of adults up there are expensively employed by the state. And their average national income is half that of down here, very few of them would pay much tax under our tax system. Nevermind the costs of policing a very angry unionist minority up there after any unification, or the tens of billions of euros of once off costs in merging the systems of two separate countries.

Until (or if..) they ever fix their basket case of an economy its not going to be viable economically, or electorally, to absorb NI. Which is something FF & FG to their credit at least seem to accept.

A con job:

A row has broken out over €19m given to Children’s Health Ireland for spina bifida and scoliosis care after the health minister revealed it was spent “far more broadly” on other services.

Parents whose children are directly affected have said they warned the Government about this problem within weeks of the announcement in early 2022.

It was meant to ensure no child would wait longer than four months for a spinal operation by the end of 2022. However, up to this week about 70 children are waiting longer than that, the Dáil was told on Thursday. 

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-41429995.html#:~:text=A%20row%20has%20broken%20out,more%20broadly%E2%80%9D%20on%20other%20services.

Further scandal at failed Tusla. At least these kids aren't missing I suppose.

“shocking, appalling and damning” indictment of the agency, a judge has said.

The 235 children, under the care of two social work departments – Dublin southwest/Kildare west/Wicklow and Dublin south central – still have no allocated social workers and some have had no allocated worker for years, according to Judge Conor Fottrell.

The failure to inform the courts of this, as the agency was obliged to do, was “a failure of management at local, regional and national level” and raised “serious concerns” about issues of governance and communication within the agency at all levels, he said.

https://www.irishtimes.com/crime-law/courts/2024/07/04/judge-slams-failure-by-tusla-to-notify-courts-of-children-in-care-with-no-social-worker/

Any minister with any sense of pride would resign.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2024/0706/1458595-politics-opinion-poll/

Government parties on 48%, must be doing something right.

Thread gone awful quiet since this opinion poll came out.

You're very quiet on the FG party blackening the name of the Greens since local elections. You can't have missed it. For a loyal Green voter, why aren't you upset by this betrayal? There is no honour in kicking a coalition partner when they are down.

I still think FG will lose many seats in GE.

Post edited by Cluedo Monopoly on

I hear you.

I posted numerous times about FG harping on about assaulters in the Army but saying nothing about serial assaulter McGahon in their very own party.

I even just posted about the latest Tusla scandal and the Scoliosis money going anywhere, but were it was supposed to, but the thread was very quiet.

I guess it's difficult to come on the thread to boast about FF/FG/Green in polls in the face of so many scandals and crises.

• Advertisement

I don't want to belittle those issues, but we often trivialise the important issues and blow up out of context many of the smaller ones, pointing the blame in the wrong place.

For example, take scoliosis. The Government paid the money over, the HSE spent it elsewhere. That is on the HSE, not on anybody else, certainly not on the Government who did their bit. We will have MLMD and others calling for inquiries and shouting and roaring about scandals, yet, what will they say on the big big issue of how to finance a health service that year after year gets more expensive as people get older and live longer?

Ditto McMahon, a no-name councillor that people forget about. No scandal in that, it's not like he was ordering bombs to blow children to smithereens.

On Tusla, if the age of childhood was reduced to 16 from 18, all those missing children would drop out of the statistics. There is not a lot you can do if a 17-year old decides to abscond from state care. Are you suggesting that the State and Tusla should put a heap of 17-year olds into protective detention?

We have bigger issues.

Why do business with the HSE so? Shouldn't the Minister of Health cut ties with it's CEO and look for an alternative private company? We should use a state overseen health agency answerable to elected ministers. We shouldn't be giving money to a private organisation outside of the Minister of Health's, or government for that matter, oversight.

Only kidding, the HSE is of course ultimately overseen by the Health Minister, as are any monies given by the Finance Minister. Suggesting the government, 'do their bit' by simply handing out tax payer money, with no accountability or oversight is very troubling, if true. I imagine FF/FG/Green would love if the NCH overspend and delays were just on BAM to answer for.

It's McGahon, you may have missed several posts with links over the past several days. I know you are trying not to belittle these issues by purposefully misspelling his name and shrugging it off with talk of bombs. Besides, it's been a long time since one of the government parties carried out murders, on purpose anyway. The point is the serial assaulter McGahon, is in Fine Gael. The Taoiseach and Justice Minister spent weeks telling us how outraged they were that the Army had people guilty of assault in its ranks, yet they do too and won't even comment on it.

Again, I appreciate your not wanting to belittle these issues, however Tusla themselves and a sitting Judge have remarked on how bad a job Tusla has done. Losing children in it's care. Sending at risk children to unvetted private care homes. Not having enough social workers for hundreds of children. Like FG, it seems the Greens reward gross incompetence by making such ministers party leader.

No, we don't. We have the crises in health, housing and immigration*, (*see housing), but it seems FF/FG/Green aren't too bothered about those.

To be honest, I wouldn't know if he was McMahon or McGahon, but wasn't he cleared of a crime?

If you equate two lads having a go at each other, where a judge divides the blame 65/35, with the rape of a woman as being the same thing, I think you really need to take some courses on consent or study some of the DRCC websites to learn a little.

You seem to know everything bar the name of the accused.

So missing children is, sure they are probably adults and assault is two lads having a go? He put his arm around the man's wife and said 'you're coming home with me'. He didn't know them. They argued. The couple left the scene. He followed them. He lied saying he was attacked. The issue is he is in Fine Gael. He assaulted someone. FG have been complaining about the army having members who assaulted people, but won't comment on their own.

Why on earth are you trying to compare this assault to a rape? McGahon was never charged over his alleged sexual assault of a passed out camper, so I'm not sure why you are seeming to reference that incident here. Also the Army incidents came under the spotlight over Crotty punching a woman on the street.

Between shrugging off children being placed in unvetted care and tax payer money promised to children awaiting surgery going elsewhere, I think you need to re-evaluate your measurement of 'bigger issues'.

Post edited by Oxo Moran on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,036 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

People work hard, pay taxes

Get rewards and it classed as "give away budget"

😂

Do you understand how the government get taxes? You can't have a give away budget as you declare without a lot of people paying a lot of tax

Yes.

Curtailing services, no money for social projects, scoliosis money hard fought for going astray….

But with the whiff of an election, sure there's plenty to throw around.

It would be nice if the tax payer got a steady value for money instead.

Did you read the link before the rant?

It's right at the top so you didn't have to read too far.

The whole article is saying they will spend the money wisely :-)

The Government has also approved a supplementary €1.5bn in funding for the health service this year.

Rant? You are the only one getting defensive and stressed.

So you are pointing out some of the giveaway budget will go towards needs items, they couldn't find the money for prior to the upcoming GE? That would fall under giveaway pre election budget. No point in having a giveaway for just the boys.

I'd rather be constantly rewarded with value for money and services.

Think it was Chambers who said that every budget is a giveaway budget. And, with the exception of the recession years, he is right. In fact, as we learned during Covid, giveaway budgets are correct in lean times as well.

What is your problem with a giveaway budget? The government have looked after the economy and the finances prudently for five years and now have money to give away? What is the problem with that?

• Advertisement

Telling you to read the Read the article is "getting defensive and stressed" 😂

Get up the yard

Seems a few people are upset because the hard working Irish who have paid tax all year might get a reward in the budget. Terrible isn't it to reward people.

Absolute gibberish posted on this thread as usual by people who seem to have no idea how tax and budgets work

Ranting and raving without even reading the article posted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭Blut2

The fact that they, and the experts employed by the state as well, set a hard limit on budgetary spending increases of 5% that this completely blows through?

"It means that total spending will rise by 6.9% in 2025, once again
    breaching the Government's own National Spending Rule, which is supposed
    to limit overall annual spending increases to 5%."

It was agreed that it was important to keep to that limit to avoid the mistakes of the Celtic Tiger era, and keep inflation down at the same time.

To quote the Irish Fiscal Advisory Council on blowing through the 5% limit:

"These breaches are a serious cause for concern.

1. They risk repeating Ireland’s past mistakes, with employment
      already high and windfalls boosting the Exchequer. This would
      represent a continuation of procyclical fiscal policy.
    2. The stance adopted undermines the National Spending Rule at a
      time when EU fiscal rules are not binding and likely to be distorted by
      GDP if and when new proposals are enacted.
    3. The manner in which plans were revised weakens the credibility of
      Government projections, lacking transparency and not factoring in
      overruns and costs related to population ageing and the climate
      transition."

The only reason to blow through the 5% limit is in an irresponsible pre-election giveaway attempt to win votes. Its objectively bad policy, that literally goes against the government's own stated rules.

You called my comment a rant. It sounds like you read any criticism like shouting. Calm down.

No need to play dumb to try work in a quip.

No seems. I for one would like steady value for money and services than gimmicks with my money.

Exactly right. We all know it's because of an upcoming election. It's only when money is requested for social projects that they get fiscally conservative.

Very interesting interview with Paschal. He was clearly taking credit for the giveaway budget. Didn't mention Chambers.

Trying to bribe us with our own money.

I think Paschal might leave Irish politics before the election. Nowhere to go but Brussels.

Next time read the article

Ranting at me constantly won't change that

As usual you have nothing to add on a topic so will leave it at that

• Advertisement

"Trying to bribe us with our own money"

Do you understand tax and budget?

Isn't every budget just bribing people with their own money?

Or do you think some budgets are different? maybe you could explain those ones.

Advertisement