Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,155 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

What nonsense have you concocted now to get yourself out of a self dug hole?

100's of interviews pass off without comment.

I have commented on interviews that warrant comment here. Interviews by male and female Td's

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭shirrup

Nice attempt to flip it around and play the victim, all I did was highlight how attempting to play the misogyny card nilly willy undermines genuine cases.

As for this.

Next time you slag off every single woman who works for a party maybe you might think about why you are doing it.

Thanks for proving my point.

The fact that people "slag off" male members of the same political party's in much more cases on these threads is literally "evidence in hand" of the absolute and unquestionable nonsense you're spouting. Give it up and stop making a show of yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

That's not what is reflected on this thread.

You never said a woman government TD gave a good interview. The faux outrage doesn't work with me and the posts are all over this thread

I never mentioned "pile up". I just mentioned they all come piling in.

Accusation? 😂 cop on to yourself

It's an opinion based on you and other reaction to every single interview given by a women by the government parties.

The evidence is from start to finish on this thread.

As I said next time you think it is ok to slag off a woman for doing her job, think about why you are doing it. It is certainly not for the interview because as I said nothing was wrong with Helens interview earlier , so why are you doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Irelandsnumberone

Just put on ignore, life gets easier when you're not dealing with childish tactics

BA, make no mistake abut this ok?

I want an end to this toxic powerswap, I will not be singing the praises of this government. Therefore I will not be bringing good interviews to attention.

*Goes searching for BA 'praising' interviews by anyone other than FF or FG. 😁

Rant? cop on to yourself

I called you out on it, you respond by making comments about me

As I said, next time you start slagging off a woman think about why you are doing it. It's a pity in 2022 this has to be brought up at all but it has gone on too long on these threads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Such fakery. Only one does it better.

Do you not see the irony that the party you accuse all anti FFG posters of voting for is led by a woman north and south?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

It is unsubstantiated therefore it is a rant.

Both male and female car crash interviews are mentioned here.

Your view on whether they were car-crash or not is your own and you are entitled to it.

I only heard the end of her interview this evening and she was certainly caught flat footed when asked if the Garda in the coercive control case was allowed to resign or was he sacked.

She is never convincing or appears fully briefed when under pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,024 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

You've called no one out, but out of nowhere you make an absurd accusation, can't or won't back it up and expect that to be ignored, it was a rant, untrue, bewildering and utterly unbelievable.

I'll ask again, why do you believe, me describing the Senator, her fathers Daughter politically, so offensive.

Have you never heard the expression,

She's her father's Daughter

He's his father son

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement

It wasn't a rant and it is very disingenuous to claim it was. I made my point clear and concise and I will again the next time as well. Nothing was wrong with the interview. End of story and you have failed to explain why you made the comments about Helen which tells it own story

It is terrible in 2022 I had to comment at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

One of the big elephants in the room for the government is Data Centres which we are relying on more and more. They also won’t be going away anytime soon especially since the government confirmed today the role of Data Centres in Ireland’s Enterprise Strategy. The Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment have stated the following:

Data is an essential enabler of our increasingly digital economy and society facilitating everything from remote working, on-line learning and e-health to on-line retail, food service delivery, banking, and payments. 

However, we must align the twin transitions which are both digital and green. While data centres currently account for just under 2% of all greenhouse gas emissions, they are responsible for about 14% of Irish electricity use.

Recognising the significant capacity constraints on the electricity system in the short-to-medium term, and the need for decarbonisation of our energy system, the revised Statement adopts a set of principles to harness the economic and societal benefits that data centres bring, facilitating sustainable data centre development that adheres to our energy and enterprise policy objectives.

Any Data Centres must meet the following Agreed Principles:

• Economic Impact: The Government has a preference for data centre developments associated with strong economic activity and employment.
    • Grid Capacity and Efficiency: The Government has a preference for data centre developments that make efficient use of our electricity grid, using available capacity and alleviating constraints.
    • Renewables Additionality: The Government has a preference for data centre developments that can demonstrate the additionality of their renewable energy use in Ireland.
    • Co-location or Proximity with Future-proof energy supply: The Government has a preference for data centre developments in locations where there is the potential to co-locate a renewable generation facility or advanced storage with the data centre, supported by a CPPA, private wire or other arrangement.
    • Decarbonised Data Centres by Design: The Government has a preference for data centres developments that can demonstrate a clear pathway to decarbonise and ultimately provide net zero data services
    • SME Access and Community Benefits: The Government has a preference for data centre developments that provide opportunities for community engagement and assist SMEs, both at the construction phase and throughout the data centre lifecycle.

Data centre developments which are not consistent with these principles will not be in line with government policy. This also fulfi'ls commitments under the 2021 Climate Action Plan and the 2022 National Energy Security Framework.

This also means that Data Centres will not be seen as scapegoats for the Greens to sacrifice.

It was a rant because you haven't backed up a single absurd claim you have made.

All TD's get commented on here if posters believe a TD gave a bad interview = fact.

You think it was a good interview = well bully for you, but you would say that because you defend the government as if it was a vocation.

It's terrible in 2022 you come up with such disingenuous nonsense, you made a claim, can't or won't explain it or back it up and out of nowhere, thats a rant in my book.

You seriously believe folks on here are only critical of female TD'S and yet you pounce at the mention of Leo, MM, ER, numerous male ministers and government TD'S whilst Bizzarely your own main obsession of attack is led by a Female TD, the Hypocrisy is breathtaking.

I'll call out a clown, Male, Female or other, Gender has absolutely nothing to do with my opinions, infact I'm actually more impressed by Female TDs than male and one likely to get my vote next time round.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble BA but this false misogynistic angle won't wash with.me or others on this Thread who like me don't use Gender as a tool to make a comment on a particular discussion or latest FFFG debacle.

I have seen more comments on here about male TD car crash interviews than female TD car crash interviews. A car crash interview is a car crash interview regardless of political party or the TD's gender.

I just did a search there using brokenangel's name and prominent females of the opposition. Any matches came up with negative comments on these women. I wonder do you @brokenangel think about what you are doing when you do this?

So it’s “shoot the messenger”

Thank you for proving my point 👍

BA , now seriously, you are the messenger, you started this and refuse to explain yourself, I'm not even sure what brought this on to be honest.

The messenger was full of it as usual. Like others, just because you didn't like the comment you tried to sledgehammer some misogyny into the conversation and ended up making a fool of yourself because you pick on women in just the same way. Of course like everyone else you will pick on men too.

But you knew that, you just couldn't help yourself. ROFL

• Advertisement

I explained already. Still no response in regards the interview

I am actually baffled by the statement about the opposition been led by a female, what an odd statement to make 🤔

This popped into my head

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

Very apt

Anyway, good night 😴

Here's another one to sleep on:

When in a greenhouse don't throw stones.

Green party guy on Tonight show all over the place. Tried to blame the media for ramping up the tensions within government, got sat back down on his ass when told it was a Green Party chairperson that said today 'they would walk if the limits were below 25%.

You've absolutely explained nothing , just threw out absurd nonsense and again ran away, extraordinary behaviour, even by your standards, good night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭jmcc

Guess that the Greens won't be getting that 25%.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement

If the Greens get over 25% the date it has to be complied will be at a date when the Greens won't be in government. They can claim that they tried.

I think the Greens will be thrilled at getting 25% of anything, especially polls 😁

Beginning to wonder if it's all being stage-managed to make them look good because they reached agreement

Put on that Tonight show for a the first time in a long time. See that Cooper and Yates are gone. There seems to be a lot of pressure from FF/FG to make sure that the % is under 25%. A 25% figure might have FF and FG backbenchers putting the boot in on Martin and Varadkar.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement

A jmcc were have you been 😁 Yates and Cooper long gone 😁

It was a good show when Vinnie Browne hosted it. It went downhill when Cooper and Yates were hosting it. There are some people who think that I'm on a different planet. Reading BA's and Markodaly's contributions, I wonder if they may be right. :)

Regards...jmcc

A yes , Vincent was a legend , I still occasionally look at some you tube content , there's stuff there that should make many current TD'S cringe 😬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

And then going on to say we need to be more reliant on producing our own food security.

But can’t see the irony of telling farmers to cut the herd.

This government is a shambles.

There's a big difference between the science of climate change and the religion of climate change. The religion of climate change attracts idiots looking for certainty. Science is not about certainty and the even stupid things like that completely bogus '97% of "scientists" agree' thing was picked up like an article of faith. The sample size was too small among other things. The religion of climate change provides simple answers for simple people. As can be seen above with markodaly's lies and misrepresentation of the posts of others, the whole "climate change denier" thing has become nothing more than the modern equivalent of religious fanatics screaming 'heretic'. The problems of climate change and food security need proper analysis, joined-up thinking and workable solutions. (The Green TD seems to be doing well on the show.)

Regards...jmcc

You'd have to imagine that this is an issue that a load of rural backbenchers from all parties are terrified about. It's a systemic issue. FF will be the one to pull the plug, and let the people go to the ballot box. Martin resigns, and the Cowen faction ride in with hard-lines for any programme for Government. SF and rural independents are unlikely to get an overall, so FF are in the mix.

FG move back into opposition, and arse box with Labour in opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

How is he doing well???

He hasn’t been asked one hard question.

Just nodding along like the boyfriend out with his missus and her friends.

Clueless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

"Stop haranguing Joan"

The Tonight Show with Vinny was must watch TV every night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

Do a poll there on that Green Party lad doing well jim. He was gasping for air before he spoke. You must personally know him.

• Advertisement

Yep. Even John Paul Phelan/FG was talking about resiging the whip. The problem with the Greens is that they are largely a Dublin party and driven by people, who to use Phelan's colourful phrase, couldn't tell a cow from a donkey. That's the problem with purely ideological types. Their ideas rarely work. FG has worse problems than FF. It is in a long term decline according to the opinion polls and is led by a Varadkar. And as everyone knows, Varadkar has a track record on losing seats for FG.

FF is beginning to find its identity again and will put the boot in on FG over the Autumn. Martin is seen as being an FG wannabe and closer to FG than the FF. If anything, the real FF element in FF may try to go for an organised transition from Martin's leadership. The FF Ard Fheis at the end of September may see a few motions calling for Martin to step down.

The problem is that the insistence of the Greens on these cuts may destabilise the government and lead to a GE before that. The upsides for FF are somewhat better in that other parties have been working on getting their GE candidates in place for a GE after 2024. Moving now could short-circuit that because SF may not have enough candidates to take advantage of the ABFFG surge. The downside for FF is that one possible replacement for Martin, Jim O'Callaghan, might not get reelected.

RTE will try to talk up Labour as a major party but on current polling, Labour will be hard pressed to retain 3 seats. If things went really bad, it could have no seats after the next GE. The SocDems may be of more interest in that they represent a Left vote that is never-Labour. They might find it possible to work with SF.

It took a swing of 4.7% for the Noonan disaster for FG in 2002. FG may be facing a similar problem based on the poll trends and it, rather than FF, could become the new Labour party in terms of seat losses.

Regards...jmcc

Doing well = not screwing up. If it was Vinnie Browne or even Ivan Yates, he'd have been hammered with questions.

Regards...jmcc

🤣🤣🤣 one of the best TV moments in years , honestly, anyone who's not seen it, check it out on You Tube

Don't know him. Never thought he would get elected but was it was fascinating to see an FG fratricide happen with two FG candidates knocking each other out in the same count. FG had enough votes for a single seat in Waterford but split them over two candidates (a city one and a county one). The thing to remember about these TV talk shows is that avoiding difficult questions is the important thing for politicians.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

"That's not the Question I asked you" or "here we go I don't know why I bother asking you Questions if your not going to answer them" just 2 I remember. 🤣

Night all 😏

Sorry had to share this 😁 wait till the end

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

• Advertisement

Election in September? Any predictions on what might happen as a result in terms of forming a new Government?

Advertisement