Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭US3

"Lessons will be learned" from this "lack of communication" I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Things might change if the Green rumours are true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,024 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I'm hearing the same but need to be cautious as nothing confirmed

Post edited by Dempo1 on

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

A little more sensitive, I need to be cautious as not confirmed and rumour swirling around on Twiiter .

No but let's just say they could be down one TD soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Please elaborate. I don't venture into Twitter too often.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

Speaking of twitter, did it ever explode as predicted the other day?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭US3

Can someone pm me this rumor about the greens ? I've looked on Twitter can't find anything

Depends what you mean some lad forgot about how many houses he had.

• Advertisement

A few days ago someone posted a tweet from a twitter account about the change of use of a hotel and claimed twitter was going to explode next day. Just wondering if it did...

Funnily enough that same twitter account is the only twitter account to mention Green TD in a political context tonight.

So the modus operandi appears to be this randomer posts something on twitter and then various other people get their lead on what to post here. Just a theory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

I'm more interested in the story than the 'likes'.

I think you can post it as a rumour without claiming it's a fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I don't know anything about these rumours either but I'll just note that Neasa Hourigan said the other day there “may be a need to have a longer conversation about this government” if plans for an LNG terminal at Shannon go ahead...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Why would they walk, they have delivered alot of what they promised.

If they went now, over the government trying to get Energy in an Energy Crisis, it would be the end of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭jmcc

Some of the Greens are ideologically driven. That makes them some what less predictable than the typical self-serving FFG politician. Given the war in Ukraine, the happy-clappy aspirations of some of these ideologically driven Greens will take a distant second place to Ireland's energy security. This may result in a spoiled brat reaction from some who thought they were going to get their way on the LNG terminal. FFG has to secure enough votes to get the Budget passed and it can't afford to lose votes. I think that Neasa Hourigan was against going into government.

The problem with the Greens is that 2020 was a highly abnormal GE for them and people who really wouldn't have had a chance in other GEs got elected. Some of them seem more like Labour than Greens. There was even a water melon (Green on the outside but Labour on the inside) coup attempt against Ryan but it failed. That led to some Greens splitting to form the issues-driven Green Left party. All the Greens may not walk. It really depends on how many Green TDs walk. FFG will try to do deals with independents to get votes. There's even a possible deal with Labour. The Greens are really two parties: a pragmatic group that realises that the Greens have to be in government to get policies implemented and a less pragmatic group. It might be possible for FFG to lose a few of the latter and replace their votes with those of Independents. Labour might be targeted for a deal as the party is completely irrelevant without being in government and most of its TDs will lose their seats in the next GE on current polling.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It's not really, a report was commissioned, it completed its work and a decision was made. The alleged surprise is that such an undertaking is far beyond the attention span of social media and indeed the vast majority of people and the good thing is that ABP will get needed attention and spotlight.

Good morning

You honestly believe this report being referred to the DPP after consideration and advice from the AG is not a turn of events 🤔

Now, some may say it's a delay tactic in releasing the contents and I'd agree but I'd find it extraordinary if there wasn't good reason to refer this to the DPP, I retain my belief this is a serious turn of events.

Things that Nessa Hourigan says that show her to be a responsible politician would not even cover a stamp. She's also on the bold step and may well end up there again. There's an awful lot of feet stamping in the Greens and a lot of noise from her but she still seems to understand that nobody would care what she said if they weren't in government.

This really is a golden opportunity for them to get policies in place and they should be able to figure out compromises. As for the LNG terminal well that falls under "events dear boy, events" category and their opposition to it before this year may have been a red line but if it is determined it needs to be part of our energy solution, even temporarily, they may have to swallow it.

I knew there was a report coming and they don't happen overnight. The real turn of events here was Hyde's position in the first place. This completes that cycle of the investigation. Referring it to the DPP is that transparency that people love to talk about about even when/if nothing comes of it. As I said the good to come out of it is a clearer focus on how ABP conducts itself.

• Advertisement

I think every one aware a report was coming, this apart from the leaks and indeed Paul Hydes position one of many turns of events but the referral to the AG, to Gardai, To DPP & SIPO, certainly, I believe, are new and very serious turns of Event's.

The point, I was actually making 🤔

Except the people churning stuff up on social media daily! It's a sense of doing things properly and out in the open and these things do occasionally happen. The DPP may opt not to do anything based on a Garda investigation. IMO at the very least Hyde should have removed himself from any approval process where he had an interest but this thing will now end up sub judice so we'll have to wait and see. I think what will happen with ABP is of more interest.

I'm not sure what Social, Ditigal and print media have to do with my Point, it's actually a positive thing "Some" media have been reporting on developments, I'm not sure semantics changes the point I've made, "Serious Turn of Events" these are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,155 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

This is the new 'storm in a teacup' 'nothing to see here' type post.

Just as this is a mountain out of a molehill post. We just have different views about something that is a good thing for the country and our planning process.

Maybe it will be eventually, when 'lessons' are actually learn't and implemented. But that will only come after proper investigation and accountability.

• Advertisement

I really don't expect anything from the DPP end of things and would be surprised if there was a prosecution. An examination of the structure and set-up of ABP IMO is a good outcome though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭CJay1

As you were. The new 'nothing to see here' type post.

Any update on the "story"? That joey twitter account that gets its tweets dumped in here is still the only source I can see referring to a Green TD. Lots of tweets with Green Bay and TDs (touchdowns) in them.

Strange how others refer to a rumour swirling on twitter when there is only one tweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭micosoft

And yet we've never had more jobs created in this country than over last decade. And yet we've never had higher quality better paid jobs. I understand that Leo can't bring the Sun to Ireland. So what do they want? The top 1% of salaries globally for working in a privatised healthcare system? I mean, if what you are saying is you want to privatise the Irish Healthcare system and get rid of the restrictive terms held by healthcare staff and consultants holding back reform great. Care to point out where in Sinn Feins manifesto this appears?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭CJay1

Why are so many nurses and teachers emigrating ?

I'd say the housing policies of the last decade have a big part to play in it.

You've searched the entire twitter to dismiss a story you know little about? Sterling work.

This government have continued the work of their previous governments. Making their crises worse and going after nurses and the lower income worker. They waste our money on enriching their property investor friends. The planning board is rotten. Decades after we knew it was rotten and after we were promised 'new politics'. All the while we are told how we've never had it so good, while being told there's no money for social projects.

Oh, and where's slaintecare? Unions are all we have. FF/FG would destroy the country (again) if they had free reign. The have left health to fester under their housing model. Make everything so bad, private seems like the only solution. They are codding less and less people.

People were speculating here last night on whether a government TD would be resigning based on twitter rumours. I've searched twitter based on those parameters. Maybe you and others could share the tweets that I've missed?

If they posted rumours about a politician you liked, you'd be fine with that? If its any sort of a story it will eventually come out.

Yet its OK to speculate on same? The joey account people here seem to follow even tweeted that it was a Green TD.

The problem I have is that people are either making stuff up or using other people's tweets to try generate "debate" here. Look at the amount of posts last night looking for more info as an example.

There's enough to criticise the government over without making stuff up.

There's enough to criticise the government over without making stuff up.

Oh do tell this should be interesting ? I have plenty any input. 🤔

Three posters looked for more information a very small amount and not as you tried to portray it.

I and countless others on here long for the day when lessons won't have to be learned as no cockups or mistakes are made.

Its the internet. People speculate and discuss all sorts. This is a discussion forum. There's a claim of there being speculation about a mystery story. I'm not even sure there's enough there to constitute 'making stuff up'. We'd Pascal, the indo and newstalk discussing a made up story the other day. A tad more serious if you are interested in investigating that kind of thing.

Post edited by Brucie Bonus on

Sadly, he won't comment on that Pascal, Indo and Newstalk story because its true and it doesn't agree with his agenda. As the Green story is just a rumour he is happy to go town on that and if the Green story is true he will stop commenting on it.

I'm tied up today.

I try to be very careful in what I say and yes i like many, make mistakes on Boards. I responded in good faith to commentary on a rumor circulating around Twitter , a rumor not made up and if there is any doubt the location of the rumors are not terribly difficult to locate on Twiiter. Not only did I not name anyone, I mentioned no Twiiter account ,nor did anyone else. I further advised caution as nothing was confirmed officially and it was a sensitive matter.

It is regrettable a Twitter account as been referred to in this particular discussion, particularly as this account was subject to a rather unfortunate and bizzate discussion about a month ago ,those who follow the thread will be aware of what I'm referring too. The account was then linked to on a discussion to do with Hotels and infact the contents entirely true & indeed some reporting on that matter today.

The Joey account being referred to is mine, I've nothing what's so ever to hide, I've admitted it's mine previously, but to be absolutely clear I am certainly not the source of the rumors discussed last night and today, like many other Twiiter users , I was making enquires, trying to confirm , nothing more, nothing less. The time stamps on one or two tweets from me, easily checked against the time stamps of Three Twiiter users that started the rumours, neither of whom I know or follow. I recieved a few PM'S last night here also and refused to name anyone and advised extreme caution as nothing confirmed. My activity on Twiiter is actually limited, quite boring, only really started using the platform recently , registered in 2020 for customer service initially, but my activity in relation to this particular matter should not be misinterpreted in any way & any attempt to do so really unfair.

The Rumors continue ,that is all they are and I'll make no further comments on them. I've deliberately not partook in today's discussion and now I hope the reasons are made clear.

The true facts will come out shortly , I like others will have to wait.

Dempo

• Advertisement

How did you get that from that post? It seemed to be a genuine question; people do ask them without agendas. Sometimes people just want to know things and neither of the posts does anything more than say they can't find anything on Twitter.

Sometimes. I was wondering why the person was like a dog with a bone regarding an alledged story we have no detail on. Also the merits of posting rumours of claims. As I say, if there's a story to be had, it will come out at some point.

TBH I was half curious having read the two posts and stuff does quickly vanish off Twitter. Twitter does get people very excited, fake stuff and all.

To deflect any anti government talk which you are badly failing at.

Well to me it looks like a poster here says something on another forum, in this case twitter, and then others pile into the thread speculating on same. Almost is if it was some sort of strategy. As the saying goes if it quacks like a duck, it probably is a duck.

I've heard it all now. Have a look at my posting history.

Just because I don't agree with posting rumour and speculation I'm pro government apparently.

Well all I can say is pot kettle black. You ask me to look up your posting history and yet elsewhere on here you blame Joey for the Green twitters reading without looking up his Twitter history.

Someone responded to one of his tweet making a claim about a Green TD and you claim it was Joey making claims about a Green TD.

Lets imagine you created a thread on here about government housing policy and someone comes in posting about Robert Troy. Would it be ok for someone to say that you had written about Troy? No of course not so stop linking Joey to the Green TD claim.

Post edited by skimpydoo on

I did ask before. Any input on what the Government can be criticised for I mean their must be something 🤔 I mean a poster did say "There's enough to criticise the government over without making stuff up" Can't remember who it was though. 😏

• Advertisement

Looks to me like your agenda is going after the person and not the story.

Strategy by who? Sounds like you are now engaged in unfounded speculation.

Advertisement