Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Spring Cleaning 2021 - Braun Strowman, Aliester Black, Buddy Murphy & More

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,044 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see Rampage brought up as well as if it's going to be the answer to everything, but from what I gather, after the initial few weeks to get people watching by having some big matches it could go the way of Main Event or just be a televised version of Dark and Elevation. As someone said, those shows will even be shorter.

With Kong and Shanna's contracts expiring, others must have been signed around the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

CastorTroy wrote: »
    For all this talk about people gong to AEW, where would you put them? The roster is already bloated. Who should get less time for the likes of Black or Murphy?

I guess as one door opens for a recently released WWE wrestler, another current AEW wrestler will be shown another :p

I definitely see Braun re-signing with them in a few months at a reduced rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I see Rampage brought up as well as if it's going to be the answer to everything, but from what I gather, after the initial few weeks to get people watching by having some big matches it could go the way of Main Event or just be a televised version of Dark and Elevation. As someone said, those shows will even be shorter.

With Kong and Shanna's contracts expiring, others must have been signed around the same time?

I dont know where youre gathering that from. Khan has repeatedly said it will be on a par with Dynamite in terms of importance and storyline development

It astonishes me they're legally able to do that. They really are a scumb@g of a company

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

If he's not done with wrestling, and he very may well be (possible he requested a release maybe), I would say he will be back sometime down the line alright.
    I dunno if AEW need him really, does he bring a huge casual audience? My kid would watch if he showed up, Braun and DB were his favourites after Brock.

Necro wrote: »
    If he's not done with wrestling, and he very may well be (possible he requested a release maybe), I would say he will be back sometime down the line alright.
    I dunno if AEW need him really, does he bring a huge casual audience? My kid would watch if he showed up, Braun and DB were his favourites after Brock.

His Tweet seemed to indicate he might be done with wrestling altogether.
    Like, he was a WWE guy from the ground up. I dont see him hitting the indies to hone his craft or taking a 75% pay cut to work on Impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Nicked this from some wrestling twitter account, Braun was on a MASSIVE guaranteed deal.

E3B92OUXwAE9CKP?format=png&name=large

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

His Tweet seemed to indicate he might be done with wrestling altogether. Like, he was a WWE guy from the ground up. I dont see him hitting the indies to hone his craft or taking a 75% pay cut to work on Impact.

It's very possible. Considering how he was only in a main event of a PPV last month it does come as something of a surprise more than the others. He very well may be done.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Nicked this from some wrestling twitter account, Braun was on a MASSIVE guaranteed deal.

E3B92OUXwAE9CKP?format=png&name=large

"Two years past his peak".. and who's fault was that eh execs?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I dont know where youre gathering that from. Khan has repeatedly said it will be on a par with Dynamite in terms of importance and storyline development

I sure hope so, I also hope they bring in some more belts for it cause the Bucks tying up the tag titles forever is really a hindrance

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So bring Brock back for 2 RAW's a month and a few PPV's a year stick the World Title on him and very rarely have it seen on TV and pay him $10m a year for the pleasure.

I can see why they need to cut the dead weight to pay for that alright.

"Two years past his peak".. and who's fault was that eh execs?

"Two years past his peak" - it's a stupid statement right? :pac:
    What about Orton, he's stale years. Goldberg was past it too.

I think the REAL words to use were "they dropped the ball with him" or "he hit the glass ceiling" one or the other. The chap is only 37 and not like is riddled with injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,044 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe just burned by WWE. Like when Main Event was announced they made out like it was a big deal, which it was for about a month. Was the same reason it annoyed whichever network it was on.
    And raw going to 3 hours was expected to shine the light more on underutilised talent when instead it just mean more time for the same people.

But even then, there are ones you could go weeks without seeing compete on dynamite who should make it to Rampage at least then, but if these new WWE guys are brought in then it pushes them down again.

Or Dynamite could just take their time for a change instead of rushing everything, like what happened with SCU when they lost and it quickly cut to the back instead of seeing them together in the ring for the last time.

Has any non wrestling outsider ever come into WWE management and had as much power and control that Nick Khan seems to have?

He isn't even there a year and he has streamlined the company and overseen a lot of staff losing their jobs be it onscreen talent or office staff.

He now looks to be the main power player there after Vince.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,876 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Has any non wrestling outsider ever come into WWE management and had as much power and control that Nick Khan seems to have?

He isn't even there a year and he has streamlined the company and overseen a lot of staff losing their jobs be it onscreen talent or office staff.

He now looks to be the main power player there after Vince.

Nope not WWE anyway it’s always been a closed shop even when vince showed what was in the shop so to speak. I wonder how Stephanie feels about old nick Khan coming in and being the favourite child of the boss ? I mean Stephanie has done a masterful job of moving herself into a position of power and past her brother Shane and now it seems she’ll be the brand officer which isn’t a president of the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Vince obviously wanted to hire Tony Khan but got his non union Mexican equivalent.

Seriously though, it doesnt matter to me what happens behind the curtain because its the product thats in the toilet and it shows no signs of changing. Its been this way for years.

WWE has been mismanaged for years now, pandering to an audience of 1 (Vince) trying to portray itself as an entertainment company without saying the word 'wrestling'. Its finally turned me off after years and years of complaining and never switching off, hoping for them to turn a corner. But the sad fact is, people have been swotching off slowly for years and they will continue to be the creative force that never misses and opportunity to miss an opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

You'd feel a small bit Bruan would be the type of guy to return to wwe in a few years

Ruby riott is the one I think will go to AEW and make a huge impact. She is a bloody good wrestler and she had a hand in training with ronda which shows that WWE had a lot of trust in her to be able to help one of their stars. Imagine her and serena deeb helping the AEW women’s roster ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Ruby riott is the one I think will go to AEW and make a huge impact.?
    Ha

Was that coincidental ?

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Ha

Was that coincidental ?

Haha. I completely missed it when I wrote the post. Completely by accident.

What is
    Adam Braun and Blackend doing in the impact zone

PWInsider reporting that Strowman is charging five-figure booking fee for appearances on the indies.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Black could be back

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Black could be back

'Back in Black'

I'll get my coat

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

PWInsider reporting that Strowman is charging five-figure booking fee for appearances on the indies.

I am praying Tony Khan stays well clear. He's stale AF and clearly has notions.

So he is charging at least $10,000+ which is well too much!
    Most indys can only get 50-100 people. Like, not talking about big indies but the average one. Anyone subscribe to IWTV on here? They show live indy events. They draw nothing as expected. They're small. Even if they charged $30 a ticket they would need to get 333 people there just to cover Braun's fee :pac: and he'd want his fee up front lol.

One of the lads on Cultaholic said, in relation to braun's fee, that a couple of lads were being paid that when What Culture wrestling was going and that's mental. No wonder they went under.

We can all understand where Braun is coming from because accordingly he is well off and something has to make it worth his while. But a wrestling promoter would be insane to even consider paying that :p

There's also an age old thing in wrestling if you think someone is a mark and has money you charge an insane amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭ThePott

PTH2009 wrote: »
    'Back in Black'

I'll get my coat
    Gonna dock you a mark here for not saying I'll hit the sack :pac:

Dave reporting that the WWE have now added a clause to contracts so when a talent is released they will not be allowed to use there WWE name in way shape or form after they are released.

So they cannot even use formally know as or former WWE superstar at conventions, Indy dates, or even at signings they cannot give autographs using their former WWE name.

• Advertisement

PWInsider followed up today saying 20k to 25k plus first class fights and hotel, food and ground transport for a 3 hour appearance is what his manager has been quoting promoters who have made contact.

Advertisement