Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Spring Cleaning 2021 - Braun Strowman, Aliester Black, Buddy Murphy & More

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Roddy likely to be a cornerstone guy they'll build Evolve around I'd imagine (and that's the guess going around the Web) or it's just to sell the NXT storyline. They aren't getting rid of Roderick Strong.

Is that the same Roderick Strong as the guy who used to do backbreakers in Christian era TNA?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Is that the same Roderick Strong as the guy who used to do backbreakers in Christian era TNA?

Same Roddy Strong, as reliable and consistent as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Remember that War Raiders team who kicked ass in NJPW & ROH, winning both companies tag titles along the way? They were excellent, I have no desire to see these Viking Experience goofballs or whatever WWE have turned them into.

Well that's exactly my point. I'd love to see War Machine show up in AEW's already outstanding tag division.
    I have no desire to see the Viking Experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Cotts72

The nxt version of war raiders was pretty decent but like most nxt superstars Vince just ****s on them

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Cotts72 wrote: »
    The nxt version of war raiders was pretty decent but like most nxt superstars Vince just ****s on them

I can nearly bet if they are still with the company by this time next year Vince will have split them up e.g. Heavy Machinery

• Advertisement

I can't claim to watch much WWE these days so didn't really know what each release has been up to lately but have been having a look.

The Billie Kay release is bizarre. I know she's not brilliant in the ring but her character seemed to be getting over and she's entertaining on the mic. A lot of others that could have been released ahead of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm guessing Peyton will join her husband in AEW.

Meltzer said that there'll probably be more releases today and that it'll be NXT cuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

I've been dipping in and out of AEW, mostly reading the thread in here and watching the odd highly rated match. Someone like Joe would make me a regular viewer, loved him as a performer since I first saw him on TWC way back when.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Kalisto in the BOSJ would be class, hopefully he heads over that direction at some stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I mean even though some of the cuts don’t seem to make any sense, it’s the reason for them is my biggest issue. You’d swear they are back to removing the water coolers from Titan towers again which they clearly aren’t. They’ve never had it so good. I mean there always used to be cuts like this post mania and wwe did kind of sign everyone and then not cut the low hanging fruit for several years so it was probably due but be up front about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Billie was probably fired due to people finding her funnier than Nia slipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Not having house shows is prob the downfall for a lot of the releases

A lot would be chucked into 6/9 person tag matches to fill the time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Sad that talent like Chelsea Green, Peyton Royce etc are being moved on to probably accommodate the return of eve marie

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Billie Kay was a surprise cut for many backstage, as the talent that Fightful spoke to did not expect that coming. When asked why, they cited the fact that she was used on WWE television as recently as WrestleMania, and was loved in the WWE locker room, as was her former tag team partner Peyton Royce. We're told Kevin Dunn specifically didn't "get" Billie Kay, and had verbalized that he saw a ceiling for her in WWE. We're not sure if that had actually contributed to the release.

Source: Fightful Select

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

When you can't wrestle very well there is a ceiling but she still should've been kept on.

Billie Kay will never be Manami Toyota but on a list of wrestlers I'd be giving the heave-ho, she's a fair way down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

It kills me Kevin Dunn has that level of power.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

The worst cut Kevin Dunn has ever done and that's saying something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Billie Kay was a surprise cut for many backstage, as the talent that Fightful spoke to did not expect that coming. When asked why, they cited the fact that she was used on WWE television as recently as WrestleMania, and was loved in the WWE locker room, as was her former tag team partner Peyton Royce. We're told Kevin Dunn specifically didn't "get" Billie Kay, and had verbalized that he saw a ceiling for her in WWE. We're not sure if that had actually contributed to the release.

Maybe she complained about feeling sick after watching 1 minute of a match with 100 camera cuts and he took it as criticism.

The gas thing is that they clearly view most of their roster as having a ceiling. What's the difference between Billie and Carmella for example? Or Billie and Dana Brooke? Or Billie and Mandy Rose? There's a ceiling for all of them but I reckon Billies would be the highest.

Lord TSC wrote: »

Sorry but who gives a **** what Kevin Dunn thinks about talent. The one good think that will happen when Vince either steps away or dies and control in some goes to trips and Stephanie then he is out the gap. Apparently they hate him and it’s probably one the few things I can agree with them on.

Oh I remember that. I know jim cornette is an acquired taste but on Kevin Dunn he got it spot on.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Sorry but who gives a **** what Kevin Dunn thinks about talent. The one good think that will happen when Vince either steps away or dies and control in some goes to trips and Stephanie then he is out the gap. Apparently they hate him and it’s probably one the few things I can agree with them on.

Isn't Dunn in one of the most senior positions in the company? I'd like to think he goes with Vince but I don't think it would be that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

Never forget that Kevin Dunn also didn't get Becky Lynch and disliked her accent.
    Seemingly hates most accents tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dunn wasn't alone in hating Becky's accent and cadence of speech it was atrocious she toned it down a bit by the end of her run however it was still annoying as fcuk.

I think when that Dunn comment about Becky came out she was laying on the Dub speak thick, trying to make Dub phrases happen in America and what not. It was cringey to be fair.

That being said, I'm looking forward to the day when a **** like Dunn is not in the wrestling business, maybe more so than Vince even. Something really reprehensible about the comments he's allegedly made about women in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That article is from 2016. If anything, Becky dialled up the "Oirish" during The Man run.

For all the legit reasons to dislike Dunn, I feel like the accent thing is an internet myth. Becky as mentioned, Asuka gets plenty of mic time for someone who can barely speak English and is heavily accented (saw a UUDD video where even Nakamura said he has trouble understanding her as her accent is apparently very rural or something) Iconics used to do lots of promos and Billie too recently. Nikki Cross used to get mic time with Alexa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

^ Sheamus and Drew success are another.

Advertisement