Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Spring Cleaning 2021 - Braun Strowman, Aliester Black, Buddy Murphy & More

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I don't see the big deal.
    This is WWE we are talking about. They've done much worse than a bin liner in a box :pac:

But what did Mickie expect? even if she got a hamper and a thank you note it wouldn't mean anything. She lost her job.

Was it Orton who sh#t in a female wrestler's bag

Chelsea Green has said the trash bag of gear she was sent wasn't hers they emptied the wrong locker and sent her Natalya's gear. lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

NXT Cuts happening this evening.

Drake Schultz, Alexander Wolfe, Kavita Devi, Jessamyn Duke, Vanessa Borne all gone so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

And the hottest woman in wrestling, Brandi Lauren.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Think Velveteen Dream will be added to that list

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭ThePott

Brandi Lauren was hardly even in the door.
    Aliyah must have dirt on someone at this stage to still be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Your one who brought the card to Candice in NXT this week has been there ages as well and think only time I've seen her on tv is as one of the "fans". She was always to the right as facing the ramp. Just looked her up, Emily Andzulis aka Ivy Nile

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I think jessamyn duke has another role with wwe so she might be released from her in ring role but I do know she was involved with UUDD so she’s good. I’m not normally happy to see people fired from WWE but in relation to drake wuertz I’ll make an exception. It’s fine to have different opinions on stuff but this guy was off the ****ing wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Velveteen Dream released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,206 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Velveteen Dream released.

wow how the **** didnt this happen earlier

Such a big fall from grace

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Knew it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What a spectacular waste of talent.

Maybe he'll get work with Joey Ryan and/or Alberto Del Rio.

But it is a waste. Think it was his match with Aleister Black that showed what he could do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Horrible. Hopefully never to be seen or heard from again. WWE can erase him from history all they like but they kept him around for so long, hoped people would forget and it looks like the stuff I'm talking about isn't even the reason he's been fired.

Any word what happened with Wolfe? I know Imperium just attacked him, but they were starting to build something with him and Dain.

Edit: Just had a look online and seems his contract was due to expire next month.

Dream Over.

He could have been the next big thing.
    Reckon there'll be a lot of behind the scenes stories coming out over the next few days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I’m surprised it took this long.

I presume he was well liked by some higher ups who thought he could be a star of their own making, as opposed to Indy darlings being pushed. And that they thought the issues would just...blow over? As if the type of allegations, true or not, weren’t going to haunt him badly.

Be interesting to see what levels of stories come out now that he’s going to be out from under their protective shadows.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I’m surprised it took this long.

I presume he was well liked by some higher ups who thought he could be a star of their own making, as opposed to Indy darlings being pushed. And that they thought the issues would just...blow over? As if the type of allegations, true or not, weren’t going to haunt him badly.

Be interesting to see what levels of stories come out now that he’s going to be out from under their protective shadows.

Id say he was kept on because he was a pure WWE home grown talent.

He was such an unique performer and WWE obviously had big plans for him at one stage. Whether the allegations are true, the mud sticks and it was hard to watch him again.

Same goes for Devlin, cant watch him anymore either.

Pity, as they are talented.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Good job Billie has her CV ready.
    That is the biggest surprise. She's been on tv most weeks.
    When was the last time someone who had a match at Mania, that wasn't a battle royal, got let go within a week after?

Wasn't Chelsea injured and thought there was a return teased somewhere.
    And Mickie was on the panel and commentary for the Takeover preshows. Actually thought they were getting her ready to add a woman to one of the main shows commentary.

Pretty sure The Good Brothers main evented last year and got the chop the next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

There's some good gets here for AEW and I'd expect a few "surprise" appearances at Double Or Nothing, especially given the card itself doesn't look particularly strong on paper and it's their flagship event.

Joe is the obvious one, pending fitness issues.

The Iconics I could take or leave, but they definitely have the Superstar look and polish. There's a bang of indie wrestler off a fair chunk of the women's roster in AEW, can be a good thing for the likes of Thunder Rosa who has the indie star vibe or can be a bad thing like Shanna who has the GAA hall indie vibe. I could see them going for them.

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I'd expect a few "surprise" appearances at Double Or Nothing, especially given the card itself doesn't look particularly strong on paper and it's their flagship event.
    I wouldn't, if I remember correctly the released talent from this wave have 90 day no-compete clauses, they can't appear elsewhere until July 14th.

The non competes end a few days before Slammiversary that's where you would expect a few of them to turn up.

More releases tonight Virk is gone already and some corporate ones as well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

They’ve merged Television and digital departments together and Kevin Dunn has been promoted to the head of both.

Expect 14 page cuts in 10 seconds when logging onto WWE.com from now on.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

SRS: “Unfortunately hearing there are more backstage layoffs in WWE today”

More releases tonight Virk is gone already and some corporate ones as well.

He didnt fit. Reminded me of Mike Adamle in terms of being a fish out of water.

I cant imagine having Vince n co belting his ears off was fun either.

Either way, they need a pro wrestling guy in these spots. Someone who has personality and not another Clone of Cole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

beakerjoe wrote: »
    He didnt fit. Reminded me of Mike Adamle in terms of being a fish out of water.

I cant imagine having Vince n co belting his ears off was fun either.

Either way, they need a pro wrestling guy in these spots. Someone who has personality and not another Clone of Cole.

My problem is that Vince is going increasingly down the rabbit hole of what makes a commentator 'fit' - by focusing so narrowly on the Cole Clones he's left himself with bereft of legitimate options. In the grand scheme of things Virk didn't seem like the worst of what I've seen coming from the assembly line.

• Advertisement

My problem is that Vince is going increasingly down the rabbit hole of what makes a commentator 'fit' - by focusing so narrowly on the Cole Clones he's left himself with bereft of legitimate options. In the grand scheme of things Virk didn't seem like the worst of what I've seen coming from the assembly line.

Id give a wrestler they arent using a chance to be colour, or even Bruce Pritchard or someone....

Todd Phillips,
    Byron Saxton,
    Cole
    others nameless goons.

All the same.

Get someone who can be the straight man to Graves and leave it at a 2 man booth. Get out of their ears and let them call it naturally.

If I had my way Id hire Steiner..... Id love some Over the top commentary.

Advertisement