Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Spring Cleaning 2021 - Braun Strowman, Aliester Black, Buddy Murphy & More

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Black is a certainty for AEW.

Lana is shíte as a wrestler but a good manager. A trashy Cody/Brandi vs Miro/Lana feud is inevitable down the road.

Ruby would be a decent addition to their women's roster.

As limited as Braun is, he's worth taking a punt on with a short term deal to see if anything clicks with him. Might have to swallow his pride though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Braun would be better suited to Impact imo, more big men to put him against and a different style of wrestling. He'd dwarf most of the AEW guys and considering his post was aimed at Evil Uno I doubt he'd be welcome.

Plus AEW has a big enough roster as it is, they can't keep hiring everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Gobsmacked here about some of those releases esp with the way they were used right up until very recently

It has been shown that been released helps the motivation and if you work hard the door could reopen

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Any update on Bryan? Like is he officially done or has he signed a new contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Feel sorry for ruby riott as she should have been used far better than she was but I’ve no doubt given how talented she is, she’ll get another gig and do great.

Braun is a genuine shock as he’s a star that they have used well in the recent past.

I don’t really see where this wwe is being sold narrative is coming from. Yes, is it likely it will be sold at some point in the future ? Yes, but for all Vince’s weird quirks, he’s very big of his families history and his father and he’ll never sell it while he’s alive IMO. Now, once he’s taking the three count I can see it being sold but not until then. As we have seen vince is a stubborn bollocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well there's one man who's definitely keen to see where the man FKA Aleister Black winds up...

https://twitter.com/WillOspreay/status/1400126259569516546

The only way that Braun being released makes sense if there was some thing back stage that happened. I’ve heard nothing about any incidents but the others I can see why they were released but not Braun unless as I said there was a good reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It wouldn't surprise me If Bray Wyatt is released

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The only way that Braun being released makes sense if there was some thing back stage that happened. I’ve heard nothing about any incidents but the others I can see why they were released but not Braun unless as I said there was a good reason.

His contract was the issue according to Sean Ross Sapp.

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »

Neither would I. His original gimmick I really liked but I wasn’t that sold on the fiend and I’ve become even less so recently. There’s a few but given that Braun was released, it shows if they want to they will release nearly everyone.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    His contract was the issue according to Sean Ross Sapp.

Well that’s an issue then. I’d only seen the fact he’d been released and nothing as to why. If the contract was an issue that’s on WWE and the talent relations dept not on an individual talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Tough time to be released. NJPW business is down with the pandemic and AEW is stacked even when you factor in the new show. Consider also the additional costs of being a touring operation again, I reckon Tony will be tight enough with the cash going forward.

Impact can grab one or two but you'd have to think it'd be a decent pay cut.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

PTH2009 wrote: »

Yeah, half expecting it tonight.

Sapp reporting now that the talent in the WWE are talking/speculating about the company being sold.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well that’s an issue then. I’d only seen the fact he’d been released and nothing as to why. If the contract was an issue that’s on WWE and the talent relations dept not on an individual talent.

Must've been one huge contract to have to release him, especially when he was an almost homegrown WWE performer via the Performance Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,839 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah, half expecting it tonight.

Nothing is beyond Vince but wasn't Bray very vocal lately about his mental health struggles. Would be a bad move letting him go right now.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Didn't Braun make some smart alecky comments about Independent wrestlers last year?

There's some schadenfreude for you.

Ye when Mox donated $1000k to OTT here last summer, Strowman said Indy wrestlers need to retire instead of looking for handout and opening go fund me pages.

Ye when Mox donated $1000k to OTT here last summer, Strowman said Indy wrestlers need to retire instead of looking for handout and opening go fund me pages.

The irony of those comments a year later. In short, Braun would've been better saying absolutely nothing.... But hindsight's an absolute bitch....

• Advertisement

More rumours.

But Sapp is retweeting it so maybe something to it.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1400136609996148740?s=20

• Braun is obviously going to AEW.

Tony currently on the phone to daddy looking for an advance on his allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Keith Lee.. What an amazing ****up and waste by wwe if true

When whoever buys the WWE eventually I really hope they put out a Tweet wishing Vince well in his future endeavors

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭ThePott

Buddy Murphy and Aleister Black are obvious great ones for AEW to pick up.
    That being said I think Ruby would be a good get, she never really got a fair shake in WWE and is a great talent.

As for Lana, I think she'd make a great manager. Obviously Miro doesn't need a mouthpiece or anything. Honestly, she'll do fine whatever she ends up doing, plenty of money to be made with her modelling, etc.

Braun is someone who I think will be back in WWE at some point. Heard some speculation that his contract was just too much and they're hoping to re-sign him on a lower wage.

A lot of people today saying what I said this morning, could well be the sign that WWE is up for sale.

Heidi Lovelace is a cracking wrestling name who needs to use Rudy Riott.

https://twitter.com/YaOnlyLivvOnce/status/1400130275087196162?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

ThePott wrote: »
    A lot of people today saying what I said this morning, could well be the sign that WWE is up for sale.

Thing is, if WWE did get bought it would probably be the same crap or at least for the same while. Wrestling is a weird beast. Like say NBC bought WWE (or my other guess Disney :p ) and they brought in their own TV exec type dude to over-see things. They wouldn't get wrestling at the start.

However, at this point any change in WWE would be welcome.

War Machine could be on the block as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Isn't Lana acting now? She might step away completely from wrestling

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Thing is, if WWE did get bought it would probably be the same crap or at least for the same while. Wrestling is a weird beast. Like say NBC bought WWE (or my other guess Disney :p ) and they brought in their own TV exec type dude to over-see things. They wouldn't get wrestling at the start.

However, at this point any change in WWE would be welcome.

Yeah I've totally zoned out of WWE tbh, have very little interest in wrestling in general.

Have a devastated seven year old here regarding Strowman though, did not see that coming...

Advertisement