Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline: Live & Let Dial

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Goodnight Joe

Goodnight John Boy

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭purifol0

Muahahaha wrote: »
    What a bizarre show, we've gone from a minor turf dispute over bicycles to a full blown discussion on the menopause.

I don't think theres anything minor about unaccountable public servants screwing over honest and respected local businesses, for their GAA mates

A massage therapist/reflexologist and a yoga teacher plugging her website. That's what we really need, not medical professionals

Science doesn't know everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The music....cutting over that woman....Christ what a shambles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,170 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

goodnight peggy sue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Is that Arsey putting on the Waltons?

your bones shrink with age anyway. You see this in men too.
    I've had lots of dental issues over the years and the worst of them were in my 30's and 40's. I've had nothing major since menopause (so far thankfully!)

My bones proved to have strengthened in recent years by X-ray, was told that after Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Friday he can cover erect tile dysfunction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I wonder did the legal department tell him to drop the Pat topic?
    If not today, then tomorrow.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    If not today, then tomorrow.

bizarre that they even spoke about that topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ah Jaysus, I picked the wrong day to collect my daughter from work. The minute "menopause" came on the radio she hit the Today FM button. Time for playback

My bones proved to have strengthened in recent years by X-ray, was told that after Christmas.

yes but as you explained Catamaniac that is due to your slighty elevated levels of calciuim due to your medical condition ? Generally speaking most of us suffer bone thinning as we get older

Quote:

Because of my ileostomy and chronic slight dehydration I tend to have high calcium levels in my blood, so actually have to keep off the calcium. My bone health etc is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭purifol0

As one of the callers mentioned, the eTender "independent monitor" was the council itself (regarding a different tender). I'm dubious about the whole process, but alas in this case Joe never even attempted to get BnaM on the line to explain - he's usually pretty quick when it comes to private companies and the HSE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭leath_dub

It was Darcy playing the music!

None of me mates were listening to de radio... will have to send the link later.

purifol0 wrote: »
    As one of the callers mentioned, the eTender "independent monitor" was the council itself (regarding a different tender). I'm dubious about the whole process, but alas in this case Joe never even attempted to get BnaM on the line to explain - he's usually pretty quick when it comes to private companies and the HSE
    In departments I have worked in you have an independent audit of the process, to make sure correct procedures followed, everything documented.
    The scoring is not done by one person it is done by a group. Honestly from doing them it is really rigorous and there are seriously tight rules and controls (restrictively so in some instances).
    Why are you dubious about the whole process as you put it?

yes but as you explained Catamaniac that is due to your slighty elevated levels of calciuim due to your medical condition ? Generally speaking most of us suffer bone thinning as we get older

Quote:

Because of my ileostomy and chronic slight dehydration I tend to have high calcium levels in my blood, so actually have to keep off the calcium. My bone health etc is excellent.

Yep... I'm just lucky. I think the gym work helped a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,451 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Was driving today and listening to the Offaly sad story.

Another indication of how far removed from the real world the man of the people is was Joe being astounded that a briquette manufacturing facility operates a night shift. It got a WOW that a briquette manufacturer wouldn't just be going Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.

I also found it strange that a man working shift work in the factory could dedicate so much time to also running a bike hire business. Might be a clue as to how these semi-state companies are run.

Also Joe's attempts at suggesting there might be a Bike-cott fell on deaf ears to the callers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,673 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Pat's bikes or Wimmen problems

• Advertisement

Here is de link to my gold-giving earlier :D

https://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/share/radio1/21949764

Joe's groaning and sighing is making me queasy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Come on Mena... make dat call, back me up!

You done good today girleen !

I'd be afeared I'd rant on about the country importing the briquettes (bricketts by anudder name) from the foreign places (carbon footprints me a*se) and dat and discrimating agin the Irish briquettes...not that I ever burned them.

Been on the bog all week between showers 'putting up' the turf for the winter.

Bog Power !

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    You done good today girleen !

I'd be afeared I'd rant on about the country importing the briquettes (bricketts by anudder name) from the foreign places (carbon footprints me a*se) and dat and discrimating agin the Irish briquettes...not that I ever burned them.

Been on the bog all week between showers 'putting up' the turf for the winter.

Bog Power !

Cant you take something for dat, Mena?

34:09, courtesy of Ray D'Arcy, it's The Waltons

WhatsApp is in meltdown since, lol. My 90 year old aunt almost fell off her chair listening to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

It's a wonder Joe doesn't have words with Ray over all these idiotic sound errors, remeber the mini row he had with Ronan Collins before over a bit of one talking over the other. Although I guess the closer to 3pm we get the more Joe has mentally checked out and cares about the quality of the show even less than earlier in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

WhatsApp is in meltdown since, lol. My 90 year old aunt almost fell off her chair listening to me!

Just listened back as I missed it live, well done caller!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Embarassing small minded people.
    Would make me avoid this bog hole

That's why the thread is so amusing.

You were terrific, eloquent and to the point.
    Not rambling or mad.....he won't have you back lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

What a time I picked to exit de thread twoday so to speak.....I’m a disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

It's going to be insufferable around here for the next few days.

When Joe has a topic with a fixed agenda he may allow through one contrarian caller for de sake of alleged balance, but like de Versatis time when my old GP got through on a solo run, I don't think we can look forward to many or indeed any more positive menopaused callers :pac:

What a time I picked to exit de thread twoday so to speak.....I’m a disgrace.

Your turn now, caller. You can phone in as part of de MEN who have PAUSED so to speak :D

I hereby canvas for votes for de next thread title :D:D

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117086004&postcount=402

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,682 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Your turn now, caller. You can phone in as part of de MEN who have PAUSED so to speak :D

joe twitches at night at de thought of butters phoning in. no point for a while now though de guard will be up.

Some absolutely atrocious, unacceptable, potentially defamatory posts here today, from a substantial number of users.

Let's be clear, no defamatory content is acceptable on this site. I would urge you to delete your posts, which will be deleted anyway, and cards or bans are now going to be handed out as appropriate.

Friday he can cover erect tile dysfunction.

Is that when you erect tiles on a wall and they fall down again?

Where were the defamatory posts?

Wondering myself tbh.

• Advertisement

Deleted. And cannot be repeated, even in a "they said:" statement. -Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Which caller were you caller?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

joe twitches at night at de thought of butters phoning in. no point for a while now though de guard will be up.

The rottweilers researchers are being retrained to sniff out potential boardsies .

vicwatson wrote: »

De wan who said menopause is sexy, so to speak :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭Jeff2

vicwatson wrote: »

5 minutes in. Martine.

Good at speaking her opinion as she has posted in thread but was cut off.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    5 minutes in. Martine.

Good at speaking her opinion as she has posted in thread but was cut off.

I had started giggling at that stage because I was about to launch deeper into things but couldn't help myself lol :D

At the very least Offaly County Council seemed remiss in keeping things above board. But as I said on the thread before, at least one local authority I know of is not quite above board in certain respects and some of it is on record.

Is it the council or BnM that's running this place? I didn't hear much of the show Joe but I'm outraged anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clon63

Haven't posted in a while but had to after hearing the legend that is Cat talk pussy. Really like the accent - you sound less scary than I imagined��. Liked the accent!!

See that another boardsie made it on lately. Is there another link to that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I had started giggling at that stage because I was about to launch deeper into things but couldn't help myself lol :D

Not your first rodeo Cat. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement