Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline: Live & Let Dial

Comments

"Something has to be done"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The menopause needs to be treated as a natural process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm out. Going to listen to New Order instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Expunge

Don't wurri if ya make a mistake if your recordin' yer Whazzzap, sez Duffy. Don't wurri just keep goin'.

Shur look ah me n' Ray D'Arcy - we became millionaires out of ballzin' up talkin' every day!

Is Joe hmmming & guffawing over a voice message?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

like triggers broom

Trouble is when you come off HRT you will inevitably get these symptoms, there's no avoiding it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Slagging off Catmaniac now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Nearly time for Darcy to play the intro to Little House on the Prairie.

We are in medical territory here... it's NOT your call Joe.

• Advertisement

HRT were a F1 team, Joe will get as far as they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Denny61

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I'm out. Going to listen to New Order instead.
    Do that. By all your previous posts over days and weeks..its all video games and live line..do you actually go.out at all...get some fresh air and do some work ....your brain seems to be frazzled

Banned - Mod

"the lady who made light of it yesterday"?? So nobody is allowed a positive experience of Menopause?? We ALL have to suffer and say we suffer??

I wasn't allowed HRT as my mother had breast cancer age 64 (after 20 years of HRT (I presume it was a factor)..........and I pretty much got through Menopause without a glitch. Yes I got symptoms, no doubt about it, but in light of many other serious life threatening illnesses I've seen other people have I felt it was just part of life! Exercise helps hugely and watching your weight.

Nearly time for Darcy to play the intro to Little House on the Prairie.

:D:D:D

Genuine medical advice... won't go down well.

"the lady who made light of it yesterday"?? So nobody is allowed a positive experience of Menopause?? We ALL have to suffer and say we suffer??

I wasn't allowed HRT as my mother had breast cancer age 64 (after 20 years of HRT (I presume it was a factor)..........and I pretty much got through Menopause without a glitch. Yes I got symptoms, no doubt about it, but in light of many other serious life threatening illnesses I've seen other people have I felt it was just part of life! Exercise helps hugely and watching your weight.

The symptoms can be tough, I had severe nonstop bleeding etc which had to be treated, sweating, brain fog earlier which has now mostly cleared. But you get through this stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

The symptoms can be tough, I had severe nonstop bleeding etc which had to be treated, sweating, brain fog earlier which has now mostly cleared. But you get through this stuff.
    Don't forget the rolling around in the bed!

Don't forget the rolling around in the bed!

I burst my bladder laughing when I said that.., that was my exit card!

“No one mentioned the menopause”, did she not know herself?

• Advertisement

I've been with all those consultants... menopause had little to do with most of it.

Actually this cold weather is great for hot flush time.

Had de bowel perforation.

yeah i know and I'm not making little of them, a lot of my friends had a far worse time than me. I have 3 sisters and we all seem to have got through menopause very lightly. No bleeding, no bloating, no drenching sweats, no mood swings ........ in fact it was a huge relief from awful PMT every month and mood swings when I was younger. Happier now but yes I am probably very lucky and all my sisters too!

Glad you're ok, you do get through it, and being positive and active helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Seriously enough with this "I must be heard" nonsense!

What does she want the medical profession to do, find a cure to ageing?

Are they not educated enough?

The medical profession do not exist to listen to nonsense like this

They need to cop on

No doctor ever said "your poor body" at any time during the stuff I went through :confused:

• Advertisement

"Gynaecological" is what can be put on very. Workplace just want to know if symptoms are consistent.

I was nearly ready to stop a bus once, I was near the back and the bus was very bouncy and I was getting car/bus sick but luckily I managed to make the journe without embarrassment.

This woman has it bad.

oh jaysus this is all a bit much, blood flowing out of her. (been there once in white trousers on a date!!) Do we really need this?

Oh God I am so old fashioned, I prefer when certain things are not discussed on daytime radio............is this not for a doctor's appointment to be spoken with in privacy and confidence? My GP is a woman so I can talk to her about anything without embarrassment. Why would you ring Joe Duffy and tell him?!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

what are the palmarians up to these days ? all is forgiven

Blood loss can be fairly massive, but often it can be remedied by simple procedures. Having private insurance helps speed things up a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,024 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Jesus I just tuned in, thought it was the today with claire Byrne show

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Doctors will be overwhelmed with Joe’s HRT campaign.

yeah i know and I'm not making little of them, a lot of my friends had a far worse time than me. I have 3 sisters and we all seem to have got through menopause very lightly. No bleeding, no bloating, no drenching sweats, no mood swings ........ in fact it was a huge relief from awful PMT every month and mood swings when I was younger. Happier now but yes I am probably very lucky and all my sisters too!

Glad you're ok, you do get through it, and being positive and active helps.

PMT was the worst thing ever... menopause a breeze by comparison. Also a breeze by comparison to the decades of colitis, surgeries etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Please Joe... Don't say that you are returning to this tomorrow

He just mentioned tomorrow

She became an expert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Wind her up Joe ... engine running

Ok ok go away now.. de jag is warming up.

More HRT prescriptions tomorrow :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Looks like I picked the right time to duck out.
    Not being unsympathetic to anyone who has the awful effects that strike some.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Did I miss anything today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

BPKS wrote: »
    Did I miss anything today?

Just a Joe led 75 minute infomercial about the menopause and the joys and raptures of HRT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Just a Joe led 75 minute infomercial about the menopause and the joys and raptures of HRT.

WOW

Would perhaps Versatis help with de menopause as he was advocating it for just about anything back in the day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Would perhaps Versatis help with de menopause as he was advocating it for just about anything back in the day?

Versatis patches might possibly help, but where would you stick apply them?

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Versatis patches might possibly help, but where would you stick apply them?

Over de ovaries?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

The patches were not unavailable but not being prescriped so people needed to buy them.
    Some giving out sounded like they could afford the money to pay for them.

But Joe made out no one could have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

An elderly friend of mine is getting her second vac tomorrow morning so I'm going to go and help in her garden at 2 while she relaxes so a no Joe show for me thank feck.
    Knowing my luck it'll start pissing rain at half one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭deravarra

Over de ovaries?

a vajazzle extension? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Jeff2 wrote: »
    The patches were not unavailable but not being prescriped so people needed to buy them.
    Some giving out sounded like they could afford the money to pay for them.

But Joe made out no one could have them.

I believe that Off Script is the phrase here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Today:

Menopause Friday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement