Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline: Live & Let Dial

Comments

Newspapers have puzzle sections. More breaking news from Joe.

He really is worth the 400,000 a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

shearforce wrote: »
    "the do-bees and the dos-bees were washed away in the great flood"

favoured quote from a primary school teacher of mine

Did the teacher break into Frank Sinatra's 'Strangers in the night'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Expunge

Oh yes, LBC, BBC all queing up to sign Joe in case RTE let him slip through their fingers after that...

Wan plus wan plus wan......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I did missed the last 20-25mibs so to speak, did I miss much? Or anything?

It was Liveline. Do you really have to ask?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,869 ✭✭✭statto25

Newspapers have puzzle sections. More breaking news from Joe.

He really is worth the 400,000 a year.

Joe should calculate just how much he is worth the 400gs he is paid. Would need a team of countdown champs to calculate that

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PuddingBreath

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Is there a possibility that caolan is acting like the red haired guy from the first season of homeland. He's a sleeper cell!!!!!!

He called her Jenna the "forgot" her surname then "remembered it", sort of.
    He must be the only person in media or with any basic knowledge of her lockdown protests, alternative media etc that doesn't know her name. Not suspicious at all!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

He called her Jenna the "forgot" her surname then "remembered it", sort of.
    He must be the only person in media or with any basic knowledge of her lockdown protests, alternative media etc that doesn't know her name. Not suspicious at all!!!!!

Didn't she once work for one of those newspapers, perhaps that wonderful, terrific Sunday World with some of the best Irish journalists ...

That's what happens in belgium, with only some limits for medicine and very practical subjects like art. It's a great idea.

I can't see people rushing to Engineering courses.

Blood pressure here is through the roof and won't come down, isn't it a very good thing I was spared from listening to Joe all the same :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Elmo wrote: »
    Didn't she once work for one of those newspapers, perhaps that wonderful, terrific Sunday World with some of the best Irish journalists ...

Well no, she spent most of her journalistic career at the indo and a good and well read one she was too while she was there, doorstepping Callinan got her sacked in the end, only 3 years ago in the village she called out the gardais failure to follow up on abuser mcclean, they arrested him a year later... There's no doubt she's gone a bit off the rails since, I suppose its no surprise given what she knows about the sewer inhabited by some of our politicians, gaurdians of the peace and greasy busnessmen/women

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,682 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

darcy on 6 show making a horlicks of live tv interview epic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I wonder will this “guest” thing be a feature going forward on this caller driven show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I wonder will this “guest” thing be a feature going forward on this caller driven show?

Not if they end up with the show regularly holed below the waterline with libel claims :pac:

Well no, she spent most of her journalistic career at the indo ....

But you have to agree that its a fabulous amazing high quality newspaper, with Journalism of the highest standards with many many great reporters Eoghan Harris, Gene Kerrigan and our very own Brendan O'Connor... but your telling me their sister newspaper is running an ad for The Sunday World :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

She was the first person to speak to Maurice McCabe and take up his case. Denis O'Brien shut her down as he didn't want the paper reporting on Garda corruption. RTE and Mick Clifford picked up the story and have been slapping themselves on the back ever since.

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148861348f4b7f9bf2982f07c120f964c69d25ff3e69a&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Blood pressure here is through the roof and won't come down, isn't it a very good thing I was spared from listening to Joe all the same :pac:

Hope you're ok now Cat.

The lad talking fast talked sense though.

He was pulled in to it and warning others.

Gemma.,.... :)

Doesn't look like Gemma O'Doherty is going to take him to court. She said last night that she was told about it but rarely listens to RTE any more. I didn't get the impression that she was going to take it any further. I'm a bit disappointed to be honest, would have been hilarious if he had another one hanging over him right after the settlement of the shinner case.

One interesting thing she did say is that there is some other RTE employee who has uploaded videos calling out Miriam O'Callaghan (in regard to her reporting of the COVID issue). Does anybody know who this is or where I can see the videos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,673 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Gemma O'Doherty would have a serious case there. Imagine RTE trying to prove in court that she is "a nutter"
    T'would be great!

• Advertisement

One interesting thing she did say is that there is some other RTE employee who has uploaded videos calling out Miriam O'Callaghan (in regard to her reporting of the COVID issue). Does anybody know who this is or where I can see the videos?

That might be Aisling O'Loughlin of Xposé, before that TV3 News.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Hope you're ok now Cat.

The lad talking fast talked sense though.

He was pulled in to it and warning others.

Gemma.,.... :)

Missed entire show yesterday, but saw bits of the thread. Turned out to be an exacerbation of chronic respiratory problem, which I will kind of have to live with once I can get it fully evaluated and managed with a consultant.

Missed entire show yesterday, but saw bits of the thread. Turned out to be an exacerbation of chronic respiratory problem, which I will kind of have to live with once I can get it fully evaluated and managed with a consultant.

Are you ok petal?

Are you ok petal?

De staff weren't very good about der mask wearing an dat, so if I didn't catch de voyrus I'll be lucky... although dey do all be vaccinated and dat.

Here's a spin-off thread to parallel de Gold one for our amusement:

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058179589/1/#post116945889

Prospects for twodaze show......
    • I'm definitely not de fastest mover sez Joe. Lowering speed limits in Doobalin. In MPH of course.
    • Electric scooter stolen in St Annes Park (from yesterday apparently). Another group of young people dressed in bkack stole runners as well as everything else.
    • Stalking, how it changed a woman's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Today perhaps:

New lower speed limits. The cruise control on Joe's Jag can't be set that slowly.

Yobbos who stole a scooter from a young fella in St. Anne's Park.

Can't remember the last bit as I zoned out.

• Advertisement

I wonder will I get a call as boards.ie sneaker expert so to speak?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Prospects for twodaze show......
    • I'm definitely not de fastest mover sez Joe. Lowering speed limits in Doobalin. In MPH of course.
    • Electric scooter stolen in St Annes Park (from yesterday apparently). Another group of young people dressed in bkack stole runners as well as everything else.
    • Stalking, how it changed a woman's life.

sounds promising !! (no doubt I have now jinxed it)

That might be Aisling O'Loughlin of Xposé, before that TV3 News.

She did mention the name of the person as "Loughlin or something" so that could well be it. I'll search.

Lin k to the original Bingo Buzzword Card - over 9 years old as still as relevant today as it was then.....

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77748556&postcount=5245

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886f76dac4906c5cbb80429894d92496615f678242c&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

• Advertisement

197440.pdf

ButtersSuki's Bingo Card.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ceoltoir

It's tabloid radio. Getting people worked up to have a go at each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,251 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

On today's award winning show....
    • The corpo wants to slow down Joe's Jag!!!! And Sir Alfie Byrne and Sir James Larkin's road there's not a gaff to be seen and yet the speeds do be miles slower, no trams atall and poor Trigger still awaits a new broom!!!

qrhuracstcx.jpeg

• Steal Her Wheels! The scooter theftery from yesterday's wimmin cawler has not been solved!! We call for either a garda head or mandatory fingerprinting of all young chiselurs in Dublin 3, 5 and 13.

• More theftery. Boikes n pho wens n head pho wens n runners too. And the bowsies wore black n all!

• Storkery. We speak to two brave wimmin who were storked and who will go on d rajo to let me talk over dem.

car-with-stork-picture-id172958411?k=6&m=172958411&s=170667a&w=0&h=mr_cl3yw1m2W220eCATu2PJdJuUQdZOy2Xqr3kLlGvI=

Join us from 1:45 to hear more inane caller chicanes and stork like refrains.

I was cyber-storked much of last year. Started out by being polite, guy seemed fairly innocuous at first as it started out with career advice being sought, but became a desperate nuisance day and night, felt sorry for the sod with his constant tales of woe, but then he actually admitted to stalking in person (not in these words) a girl in her work place but actually said he considered it was his entitlement that women responded to his advances as he was so intellectual etc. I cut him dead and told him I'd call de guards if he tried to re-initiate contact. Thankfully not a "dangerous" type, but I did actually work with somebody who was given a substantial prison sentence for serially and seriously stalking women. I didn't know him well but he appeared "harmless" from my brief knowledge of him.

You are right Elmo, I found it. Former Expose presenter Aisling O'Loughlin from April 16th 2021.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/UrTgbnZVGm0t/

"Can I appeal to Miriam O'Callaghan? Somebody told me that she is no longer partaking in the COVID19 discussions. Now if that is the case ... and that's great and all of that .... Silence is complicity. Miriam you were always bigger than RTE".

I was cyber-storked much of last year.

Is that where somebody leaves a wicker basket outside your door with a robot in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Frequent topic of liveline on the news. Faders (when they have be found) to be allowed back more often in maternity hospitals. In fairness they are ENTITLED to put the mini man utd or Dublin jersey on the child as it exists the womb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Frequent topic of liveline on the news. Faders (when they have be found) to be allowed back more often in maternity hospitals. In fairness they are ENTITLED to put the mini man utd or Dublin jersey on the child as it exists the womb.

I think parents who force their kids to support the same team they do have mental health issues.

Dat can all be done nowadays with photoshop on de ultrasound scans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

another dog theft

link here

this time robbing the dog owner of his dog with a hammer !! thankfully man arrested and Rocco reunited with his family. Too much of a happy ending for the liveline ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

2smiggy wrote: »
    another dog theft

link here

this time robbing the dog owner of his dog with a hammer !! thankfully man arrested and Rocco reunited with his family. Too much of a happy ending for the liveline ?

"Dat's such a horrible, crooo-elll croyme. And tell me, whot did it feeeeel like when de hammer was hitting you on de skull?"
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

I wonder will I get a call as boards.ie sneaker expert so to speak?

Do call in, caller, with a leg reference somewhere... should be easy when speaking of sneakers so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

2smiggy wrote: »
    another dog theft

link here

Whoy did de dog have a hammer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,451 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Oh no he sounds like he's in one of those stupid moods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Joe looking after his mates again - and putting the boot into FG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,877 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Joe loved it

Everyone else thought it was absolute scutter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

caller driven show

Filler

He sounds like denartha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I thought we'd get loads of calls about it, but we only got one. But I thought I would mention it anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement