Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omni Park Shopping Centre pre extension toy shop

Options
  • 15-04-2021 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi All - wondering if I can get a bit of help.
    Does anyone remember the name of the toy shop that used to be in the omni shopping centre, before the big extension?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The one just inside the entrance on the left in the 90s? That was Tommy's - full title Tommy's Wonderland of Value. There was one in Northside too.

*I'm moving this to the Dublin City forum which covers Santry.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

Is it the one that used to be outside where the multi-storey car park is, (where the extension is now), used to be beside the outside post office?

I think it was a Tesco/Crazy Prices toy shop.. Can’t remember the name..

Or the other one inside the door to the left was Tommys (Permanent TSB now).

• Registered Users Posts: 16 combustible

The one just inside the entrance on the left in the 90s? That was Tommy's - full title Tommy's Wonderland of Value. There was one in Northside too.

*I'm moving this to the Dublin City forum which covers Santry.
    Thanks for the move, wasn't sure which applied ^^;
    No, this one had it's own entrance, as far as I can remember (though I was a young child at the time so I don't have a lot to go off). As another user asked I believe it was where the car park extension is now. I just know it wasn't a Smyth's or Banba so it's been wrecking my head trying to determine what else it could've been!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

I remember it myself, although I was younger too. :P I’ve asked my mother and she reckons that it belonged to Tesco/Crazyprices anyway!

I’m sure it wasn’t a Toymaster/Smyths branded toy shop... hopefully someone else can remember!

The row of outdoor shops used to be where the extension starts at New Look.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

I think it was called Toy Crazy, it ran adjacent to the carpark at the left side of the front entrance and has it own independent door with a covered walkway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 combustible

p~b wrote: »
    I think it was called Toy Crazy, it ran adjacent to the carpark at the left side of the front entrance and has it own independent door with a covered walkway

Yes, this is what I remember about it! Thanks for that :)

Advertisement