Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incorrectly carded

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just to be clears the card reason is from a dropdown menu and I suspect that in this case the mod clicked on the wrong description. |Hence this appeal will consider if Boards or forum rules were breached and not whether it was "legal or other professional advice"

I will alert the CMods to this appeal

• Administrators Posts: 14,032 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I'll look at this.
    facehugger99, can you please forward me the PM sent between you and the moderator please.

You can forward them to me or copy them here.
    Thanks

facehugger99, on reading of the thread in question I do not need to see the PM exchange.

You gave totally wrong, misleading advice which could potentially encourage a poster to break the law.

The card stands. Indeed the reason for the card in this context is correct. You gave incorrect advice that could lead to the OP getting in trouble legally.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,305 ✭✭✭facehugger99

So, the person in the thread that gave the most relevant, useful and thanked (including by the OP) reply gets carded?

Jesus - this site is dumb.

It's irrelevant how many people thanked your post. The OP's question was about employing a childminder in his own home. The laws around this are very specific. You gave misleading advice to the direct question asked by the OP.

The card stands.

If you would like an Admin to review, I will arrange that. Otherwise I will have it marked as resolved.

• Advertisement

As facehugger99 hasn't returned to the thread to ask for Admin review this can be marked as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement