If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AV Receiver and speaker upgrade advice

Options
  • 16-04-2021 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

Currently have an Onkyo 605  and a Tanoy Arena Lite 5.1 set bought from yourselves back in 2008/2009 along with two Panasonic TVs.

Now considering an update of the AMP and speakers, would like get Atmos capability if possible.
    Mostly used for steaming of movies and music.  
    I assume connecting the TV to the AV via HDMI allows the amp to take on sound duties.

Budget is   €800 -  €1000 with delivery to Meath

Was looking at the Denon AVR-X2700H.

Not in any great rush so happy to wait.
    What would you recommend?

Thanks
    Barry

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

barrybrown wrote: »
    Hi,

Currently have an Onkyo 605  and a Tanoy Arena Lite 5.1 set bought from yourselves back in 2008/2009 along with two Panasonic TVs.

Now considering an update of the AMP and speakers, would like get Atmos capability if possible.
    Mostly used for steaming of movies and music.  
    I assume connecting the TV to the AV via HDMI allows the amp to take on sound duties.

Budget is   €800 -  €1000 with delivery to Meath

Was looking at the Denon AVR-X2700H.

Not in any great rush so happy to wait.
    What would you recommend?

Thanks
    Barry
    Thanks for the post Barry!

We're actually out of stock of the AVRX2700 at the moment but we are hoping to receive more in by the end of the month although we have no guarantees.

If you were interested in this amp I would recommend the AVRX2700 paired with the Monitor Audio Mass 5.1. They would be one of the best satellite packages to go for for both music and films, they're a great all rounder! This package is 1179 euro but we also have a similar package with an additional 2 Mass satellites to allow you to do Atmos with a full 5.1.2 set up!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-14188-denon-avrx2700-monitor-audio-mass-ii-5-1-black-2-mass-satellites-av-receiver-5-1-sat-sub-and-satellite-speaker-package.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 6 barrybrown

Thanks David for coming back to me.
    It is a bit more than I planned to spend, however I will have a look; I may just upgrade the AMP for the moment and use my current speakers.

An additional question where you say "2 Mass satellite speakers provides Atmos with a full 5.1.2 set up" 
    Are the satellite speakers as good as the up firing Atmos specific speakers?

Thanks
    Barry 

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks David for coming back to me.
    It is a bit more than I planned to spend, however I will have a look; I may just upgrade the AMP for the moment and use my current speakers.

An additional question where you say "2 Mass satellite speakers provides Atmos with a full 5.1.2 set up" 
    Are the satellite speakers as good as the up firing Atmos specific speakers?

Thanks
    Barry 
    Hey Barry.

You can of course start with the amp upgrade and then do the speakers over time.

The extra two Mass speakers are ok for Atmos if wall mounted but I feel you get better sound effect from the upward ones.
    Monitor Audio AMS priced at £329 
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204737-monitor-audio-bronze-ams-black-dolby-atmos-speakers-per-pair.aspx?swapstore=1

Or even the Elac Debut A4 at £199 are a great little Atmos speaker. (Pending Stock)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203404-elac-debut-a4-mk2-atmos-dolby-atmos-speakers-per-pair.aspx?swapstore=1

The Denon AVR2700 are on there way to the store and should arrive back into stock before the end of the month.

Hi David,

Is the AVRX2700 back in stock?
    I will go for the AVRX2700 paired with the Monitor Audio Mass 5.1.
    I am considering Elac Debut A4 , assuming they would work with the above.

I may also need some cables, hopefully you can do a bundle price :-)

Thanks
    Barry

Hi David,

Is the AVRX2700 back in stock?
    I will go for the AVRX2700 paired with the Monitor Audio Mass 5.1.
    I am considering Elac Debut A4 , assuming they would work with the above.

I may also need some cables, hopefully you can do a bundle price :-)

Thanks
    Barry
    Hi Barrybrown.

The 2700 is now back in stock :)

The current bundle price on the 2700 with the Mass 5.1 would be 1179 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-14201-denon-avrx2700-monitor-audio-mass-ii-5-1-black-speaker-bundle-av-receiver-with-5-1-sat-sub-speaker-package.aspx

The Elac A4 are currently out of stock until May but no date confirmed.
    They would for Atmos along with the Mass 5.1 speakers.
    I could offer the A4 for 220 Euro, I have very little movement on these unfortunately.

For cables you would require a sublink for connecting the sub to tamp.
    AUD100 7.5m I could offer at 20 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-10538-cambridge-audio-aud100-7-5m-subwoofer-cable-subwoofer-lead.aspx

For speaker cable there is the Symphony 200 priced at 1.99 Euro but i could offer it at 1.50 Euro per meter
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-100101-cambridge-audio-symphony-200-speaker-cable-per-metre.aspx

If you wanted some better quality then I would recommend the QED Micro priced at 2.99 Euro. I could offer it at 1.99 Per meter.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-11552-qed-performance-micro-speaker-cable-per-metre.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Advertisement

Ok 
    I will go for:
    • 2700 with the Mass 5.1  1179 Euro
    • The pair of A4 for 220 Euro
    • The AUD100 7.5m sublink for 20 Euro
    • Plus 15 meters of QED Micro ( only need 3 meters per front  speaker 3 & 2)
    [*]

Is there an ARC capable HDMI included with the 2700

PM sent to wrap this up

Ok 
    I will go for:
    • 2700 with the Mass 5.1  1179 Euro
    • The pair of A4 for 220 Euro
    • The AUD100 7.5m sublink for 20 Euro
    • Plus 15 meters of QED Micro ( only need 3 meters per front  speaker 3 & 2)

[*]

Is there an ARC capable HDMI included with the 2700
    [*]
    Hey BarryBrown.

There would be no HDMI cables included at all unfortunately.

You could check out the Audioquest Peal 1m priced at 24 Euro - I cna offer at 20 Euro Each
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200471-audioquest-pearl-hdmi-1m-hdmi-lead.aspx

Thanks all,
    I have the 2700 with the Mass 5.1 setup and it sounds great.

Just got the ELAC.
    Quick question  with the ELACs do I connect them into into the 2700 with the front left and right?

Thanks
    Barry

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Thanks all,
    I have the 2700 with the Mass 5.1 setup and it sounds great.

Just got the ELAC.
    Quick question  with the ELACs do I connect them into into the 2700 with the front left and right?

Thanks
    Barry
    Hi Barry,

Thanks for the post and delighted to hear you're happy with the set up!

The Elac Atmos speakers need to be connected to the Surround Back Left and Right and then assigned as Atmos speakers!

If you have any issues with the set up though please don't hesitate to drop us an email!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.