Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi A4: scumbag car

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

Jealousy. The only time the cops get to be in an Audi is when they make it to the Emergency Response Unit.

I seen a X5 as a Garda vehicle, they also have BMW 5 series, they did at one stage at a Subaru Impreza.
    Nobody is jealous of a A4. Maybe if it was a Q7 or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

F30 3 series has to be a close race with the h'Audis in the currently classy parade.

The mentions of EK civics, glanzas, mk4 golfs are doing nothing but showing all yer ages lads, those are classic cars now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

sebdavis wrote: »
    Anyone that drives a white car deserves to be stopped :P

What colour is your car?

maddness wrote: »
    What colour is your car?

Mine's white, and he's right :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Cheensbo wrote: »
    F30 3 series has to be a close race with the h'Audis in the currently classy parade.

ah no don't say that :(

ah no don't say that :(

Put it this way, I met a lovely blue (most of them are blue aint they) F30 yesterday with a yellow - "Fake Pikey" sticker across the bottom of the front windscreen.

If that doesn't tell ye the craic now I don't know what will :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Open the pubs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

What colour is your car?

I could tell you........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Duck duck Graham

Back in my day it was a Honda Civic or Toyota Starlet.

Had a 97 Honda integra myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Duck duck Graham

and you just know they still live at home with their mothers. As far as I can tell an Audi is basically an over priced VW.

Audi is basically an over priced Volkswagen......
    Righhhhhhht definitely is not haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I always think that BMW and Audi’s get to a certain age when they become affordable and driven by the dodgy types.
    Black A6 S lines with 20’s and all the windows tinted or the 520d’s with similar spec and lots of M badges.

I'm in my 40s and drive an Audi A6 black edition(it has tinted windows and 20" wheels as standard). The car wasn't cheap, but not too expensive either. Where are these boyracer/scumbags getting 15k/20k to spend on 6 year old 5 series and A6s?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    I'm in my 40s and drive an Audi A6 black edition(it has tinted windows and 20" wheels as standard). The car wasn't cheap, but not too expensive either. Where are these boyracer/scumbags getting 15k/20k to spend on 6 year old 5 series and A6s?

Finance mostly I would guess coupled with living at home with parents and insured under a parent's name its probably not too expensive.

Sub €300 a month for a 15k loan over 5 years . Hardly a fortune .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Same over here in England...fcking A4s driven by wannabe gangsters. The scumbag/low level drug dealer car of choice can even be broken down along ethnic lines.

Asians- Audi A3, A4 or if the are really hard the A6 in black of course
    White Trash- Fiestas or SEAT Leons
    Blacks- tend to go with VW Golfs

and you just know they still live at home with their mothers. As far as I can tell an Audi is basically an over priced VW.

Sorry...it is the A3 that is the car of choice for the wannabe gangsta.

Years back there was a sumbag near me who had an A3, back when they looked closer to a Golf. Debaged it, and you would think it was just a Golf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

McGaggs wrote: »
    Years back there was a sumbag near me who had an A3, back when they looked closer to a Golf. Debaged it, and you would think it was just a Golf.

I know they share a platform, but they look completely different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭bladespin

colm_mcm wrote: »

Yep, never really close for me either, especially the bubble A3s.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Lord Nikon wrote: »

Me too but I specifically bought the Avant so it looks like a family Car, had a nice A4 Saloon before that and constantly got tailgated by VRS driver's and other various VAG Cars tarted up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭PaulRyan97

The glut of used English imported diesels on the market (which are hemorrhaging value) means that cars like the C class/CLA, A4 and F30 have become the go-to choice as they can be cheaply financed. Early MK7 GTDs are also rather popular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

PaulRyan97 wrote: »
    The glut of used English imported diesels on the market (which are hemorrhaging value) means that cars like the C class/CLA, A4 and F30 have become the go-to choice as they can be cheaply financed. Early MK7 GTDs are also rather popular.

say 320d please rather than F30 you'll hurt my feelings otherwise :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

kirving wrote: »
    Was out for a jog the other day and had a guy in felt spec Volvo S40 1.6d slow down beside me (I was on the path) and attempt to roll coal at me, and yes they actually call it that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_coal

Can't wait for the day the NCT test for this.

I know exactly how you feel. Nasty fu-ckers with there ****ty filthy cars. I do not think these little shi-ts ever had parents because if they did they done a terrible job raising them.
    I always carry a rock with me now so if any little bastard ever does that there will be a rock going through there car.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

AMKC wrote: »
    I always carry a rock with me now so if any little bastard ever does that there will be a rock going through there car.

Thats more of a scumbag thing to do

Ms

PsychoPete wrote: »

I was only been sarcastic. Rolling coal as they call it is not very nice either especially when it is right in front or beside you and your trying to breed.
    As far as I am concerned anyone who does that in a car should not be driving or ever let near any kind of motorised vehicle ever again.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Same over here in England...fcking A4s driven by wannabe gangsters. The scumbag/low level drug dealer car of choice can even be broken down along ethnic lines.

Asians- Audi A3, A4 or if the are really hard the A6 in black of course
    White Trash- Fiestas or SEAT Leons
    Blacks- tend to go with VW Golfs

Sorry...it is the A3 that is the car of choice for the wannabe gangsta.

As far as I can tell an Audi is basically an over priced VW.

Yep that is right and a VW is just an overpriced Skoda or SEAT so why buy any VW or Audi at all when you could have a nice maybe even top spec Skoda or SEAT for the price of a mid spec VW or basic spec Audi.
    I know what I would have and less worry of gangs looking to steel it to because it not a posh badge.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Wailin

or beside you and your trying to breed.

Ya durty hoore

Ms

OSI wrote: »
    So which Seat is A6 size and is available with a 3.0 TDI and 4 wheel drive?

No Seat but the Skoda Superb is more than big enough but no idea if it comes in that spec do.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

OSI wrote: »
    So which Seat is A6 size and is available with a 3.0 TDI and 4 wheel drive?

Well, with Audi's reputation in recent years how can you even be sure it even has that spec..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

And truck mud flaps with the stainless steel cut out of the reclining woman.

PsychoPete wrote: »

I'd disagree. I always feel that whoever instigates scumbag behaviour should have a really bad consequence of their actions. A broken window may ensure they don't do it again.

You just know they're the type to do it over and over, and to act the bollocks with cyclists and such, because they know most people will be unable to react at all. Fcuk them.

A green bus just went past me and covered the place in black smoke, I'm going to lob rocks at it cos the boys on boards said the bus is a scumbag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

No Seat but the Skoda Superb is more than big enough but no idea if it comes in that spec do.

Don't think there's any saloon skoda that comes with a 3.0 TDI spec in Ireland. They're quite a comfy and inconspicuous car though, and I quite like the design of the latest shape, more so than the A6

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

An A4 can both look really sharp or truly hideous depending on what's been done to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

colm_mcm wrote: »

It was the first generation A3, which looked a lot like a Golf. Especially with no badges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

It was the first generation A3, which looked a lot like a Golf. Especially with no badges.

Eh, I think you're alone on that one, buddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

CianRyan wrote: »
    Eh, I think you're alone on that one, buddy.

Yeah...I remember in college one of the girls drove a brand new 3 door A3 circa 1997/1998 (yes she was loaded...I mean properly loaded...multi millionaire parents..but sound out). I was in it a few times and I don't ever recall thinking it looked like a Golf.

In fact she got it for her 18th birthday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Vicxas wrote: »
    Lads around Navan now driving S3's, Golf "R's" and A6's...

The eh.... business must be good.

And they're all afraid to take me on at the traffic lights in an old beige Volvo... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

And they're all afraid to take me on at the traffic lights in an old beige Volvo... ;)

Well tbf they probably have seen your sig and know the consequences for their paintwork! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I don’t see it

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lmkrnr

Is the Toyota Avencis after getting a competitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Lmkrnr wrote: »
    Is the Toyota Avencis after getting a competitor.

Noticed this recently, specifically the pre-2009 model ??

www.sligowhiplash.com - 2nd & 3rd Aug '25

BronsonTB wrote: »
    Noticed this recently, specifically the pre-2009 model ??

Yeah that's the one..very likely to see a women in pjamas with a kid on her lap in the passenger seat. White vest on the driver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Tigerpants

TheQ_Man wrote: »
    And V-TEC Civics

What you really want is a Corolla van 1.8D XL with a full GTi kit. You can't go wrong then haha

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Tigerpants

Vicxas wrote: »
    You're forgetting The CB radio antenna too

CBs have really disappeared. I blame wanksapp I mean whatsapp

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Doublebusy

Thread title should read volkswagen golf imo

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Count Down

Yeah that's the one..very likely to see a women in pjamas with a kid on her lap in the passenger seat. White vest on the driver.
    Surely you mean off-white?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Tigerpants wrote: »
    What you really want is a Corolla van 1.8D XL with a full GTi kit. You can't go wrong then haha

White Peugeot 305 van was the yoke to have, would put a Land-rover to shame

Count Down wrote: »
    Surely you mean off-white?

True, might have a yellow tinge under the pits aswell.

Shame, the Toyota had a good name but I think it died out with the Carina E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

True, might have a yellow tinge under the pits aswell.

Shame, the Toyota had a good name but I think it died out with the Carina E

It died when they started building them in Derby,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

One of the walks me and misses sow 2 incidents on same day and both involved Audi.

One Audi got really pissed off with learned driver and overtook it in place you shouldn't, just to slam breaks for red light up ahead and learner stoping behind. Basically pure prick style.

Second one decided to overtake an old couple in oldish Focus, right before crossroads and on crossroad itself. Then pull right in front of focus and slam breaks, because, there were more car up ahead. The funiest part was that he could barely overtake a 2007ish standard Focus and Audi was roaring like its going **** its engine through exhaust.

Even my misses that day, who is not in to cars at all, said: Is Audi exclusively owned by tossers?

Cheensbo wrote: »
    A green bus just went past me and covered the place in black smoke, I'm going to lob rocks at it cos the boys on boards said the bus is a scumbag.

Really? The bus driver specifically drove right up to you and deliberately attempted to choke you on fumes from the bus?

or is it not a like-for-like comparison at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Water2626262

One of the walks me and misses sow 2 incidents on same day and both involved Audi.

One Audi got really pissed off with learned driver and overtook it in place you shouldn't, just to slam breaks for red light up ahead and learner stoping behind. Basically pure prick style.

Second one decided to overtake an old couple in oldish Focus, right before crossroads and on crossroad itself. Then pull right in front of focus and slam breaks, because, there were more car up ahead. The funiest part was that he could barely overtake a 2007ish standard Focus and Audi was roaring like its going **** its engine through exhaust.

Even my misses that day, who is not in to cars at all, said: Is Audi exclusively owned by tossers?

Always fond of audis but the current line up is very underpowered. Majority of them are 150 bhp diesels. Not saying they aren’t nippy but you’d expect a bit more pep from a premium brand. A lot of newer cars now have made serious gains in terms of power output. A lot of the other vag brands have that 1.5tsi unit which would probably keep pace with these Audi’s.

Spending over 50k on a 150bhp A5 black edition. All the looks and struggling to keep up with a 1.5tsi skoda on the motorway ramp. 150bhp was decent maybe ten years ago but not today.

Advertisement