Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DGW32 Matchday Thread - Time to Earn Your Spurs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Brewster has been booked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

HT 1 yellow card (Brewster obviously) 1 save each. Sounds exciting, any die hards watching this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

patmac wrote: »
    HT 1 yellow card (Brewster obviously) 1 save each. Sounds exciting, any die hards watching this?

Ha! Copa Del Rey final for me, not much better but a bit of bite. Saw the Brewster yellow on Livescore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Newbie20 wrote: »
    Just saw this. WTF like. Why is he losing a point about 5/6 hours after the game finished? I thought we were safe enough an hour after the game finishes.

Bonuses are finalised up to one hour after the final match of the gameday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Jose Da Silva (Traore)

Scored on a counter where Stevens had just missed a great chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭munster87

If anyone is watching does Jose look an option for next few weeks? Was unlucky with offside goal last week too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,316 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Don't know. Jimi is due back in few weeks

Traore assist. Brought him in for Neto
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

1-0 Wolves full-time. Sheffield United relegated. A huge fall from grace after last season.

I think the no crowds factor really hurt them along with a few key injuries and players losing form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Coady seems to have come out of nowhere to nick a BP

1-0 Wolves full-time. Sheffield United relegated. A huge fall from grace after last season.

I think the no crowds factor really hurt them along with a few key injuries and players losing form.

They've been incredibly competitive for a team losing every week. Very unlucky to lose tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,957 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Not to mention selling Hojberg and losing Henderson to Man United.
    Plus I think they were a team who badly needed the crowd more than the more technical teams.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Not to mention selling Hojberg and losing Henderson to Man United.
    Plus I think they were a team who badly needed the crowd more than the more technical teams.

Hojberg was at Southampton not Sheffield United,
    Ramsdale is a poor keeper in comparison to say Henderson which didn’t help their cause either

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Ramsdale is a poor keeper in comparison to say Henderson which didn’t help their cause either

Haha your'e right yeah I got my red stripes mixed up in my head :o

Hojberg .... jayus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭munster87

Lundstram going from goal king to card magnet also didn’t help!

Brewster is the fella I should have been going on about complete flop for Sheffield United and my fantasy football team.

Brewster is the fella I should have been going on about complete flop for Sheffield United and my fantasy football team.

Loads of us got burnt by Brewster to be fair. That price tag was too good to turn down

siblers wrote: »
    Loads of us got burnt by Brewster to be fair. That price tag was too good to turn down

I was expecting 8-10 goals over the season with all the hype. Not suited to Sheffield's style at all.

Worst part about getting him in fpl was he took up a striker slot when there were a lot better options. Bamford, DCL etc. All those 1 pointers :(

The only good thing about getting Brewster was you could invest in midfield instead. But over the season I have the feeling that 3-4-3 was definitely the winner?

One benefit to Brewster was it was one less benching headache.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

It all went downhill for them when they brought in Berge to compete with Lundstram for that spot in midfield. Should have left the Lord where he was :D

• Advertisement

Ha I remember at the time some here thinking he was going to be the next big thing, despite moving to a team that didn't suit his style of play. Maybe it's a good thing he flopped from FF pov, as his price was such that everyone would have him if he did get goals.

Despite all that, i have had him in my team quite a bit this year, and currently do, as it allows you to go big in midfield and removes any headache selection. It's hard to know what the best formation is/was this year - there are times this year that playing 5 at the back was the best approach, and other times 5 in midfield.

If you look at the current "Kings of year team", it has Rashford in the team, but doesn't have Gundogan - the chances are the majority of us had Gundogan for decent spells this season, but how many had Rashford for any decent amount of times?

Likewise Vardy is in the team, despite him having 1 goal in the last 14 games that he's played.

Indeed the King of the year team has 1846 points which is good enough for around 880k rank.

As for next GW, i have 2 FT, but have 4 non playing players, with Brewster and Burn on bench - is it worth taking a -4 to get a playing player, or roll dice with one of them playing and getting minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,667 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

As for next GW, i have 2 FT, but have 4 non playing players, with Brewster and Burn on bench - is it worth taking a -4 to get a playing player, or roll dice with one of them playing and getting minutes.

I found it is nearly always worth a minus 4 to get a playing player. I played conservatively before going with 8/9/10 players. I should have a starting XI next gw because I took a minus 12 the previous one to sort it out. Has done OK so far.

Q the "isn't that why we have a sub keeper" brigade.

Leno bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,654 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Some poor f*cker out there with a Mendy/Leno combo

Fulham XI to face Arsenal: Areola, Aina, Andersen, Adarabioyo, Robinson, Cavaleiro, Zambo Anguissa, Lemina, Lookman, Maja, De Cordova-Reid.

Arsenal XI to face Fulham: Ryan, Bellerin, Holding, Gabriel, Xhaka, Elneny, Ceballos, Saka, Smith Rowe, Martinelli, Lacazette.

Transferred Mendy on WC for BB this week :rolleyes:
    Wtf? Did not see that happening
    Bollox anyway :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Have Smith Rowe as my first sub. Sickened I didn’t start him. Feel Arsenal might do Fulham over today.

gammygils wrote: »
    Transferred Mendy on WC for BB this week :rolleyes:
    Wtf? Did not see that happening
    Bollox anyway :mad:

I was not on a WC but had him earmarked as one to bring in as he was a 'guaranteed starter' in the Chelsea defence.

Tuchel might be doing a rotating keeper job now to see which one he thinks should be no1 for next season?

• Advertisement

I was not on a WC but had him earmarked as one to bring in as he was a 'guaranteed starter' in the Chelsea defence.

Tuchel might be doing a rotating keeper job now to see which one he thinks should be no1 for next season?

Potentially also trying to offload Kepa - and will be easier if he plays him now and shows others how good he is etc.

Probably just hearsay until the teams are announced on Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭macraignil

I think I remember Tuchell being quoted as saying Mendy was going to play all the league games not that long ago and brought him in a couple of weeks back to cover the tough run of fixtures for Martinez. Should have known better than to waste transfers on goalkeepers anyway. Rotation by Tuchell looks to be going the way of being even worse than with Pep.

Arteta:

"And then there are others who deserve to play, for example like Mat [Ryan] in goal. He trains like a beast, he’s been really positive around the place, he’s doing really well and he deserves a chance.*

Does "a chance" mean just one game or a few...annoying for Leno owners.

^^^ hard to know about Mendy though - was he rested and just left out of the squad because that's what has happened in all other cup games or is there an underlying reason, his missus is pregnant, he has covid, he sick, family member is sick, failed internal drug test etc. If he's not in the squad on Tuesday night then i don't think it would be rotation and could be that Tuchell has no choice but to play Kepa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Unfortunately my sub keeper is playing against Man City!

The same Man City team that didn't score at the weekend, have KdB injured and have much bigger games coming up? It's not as if your keeper is Ramsdale either. Martinez could easily get 3/4 points in that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The same Man City team that didn't score at the weekend, have KdB injured and have much bigger games coming up? It's not as if your keeper is Ramsdale either. Martinez could easily get 3/4 points in that game.

Or has one of those games with 10 saves and a clean sheet

Ceballos (Bellerin)

Ceballos (Bellerin)

Varred, Saka's toenail was offside

• Advertisement

Save points?? :D

Fulham pen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Maja peno for Fulham....Lemina assist I think

Maja scores
    Aina assist

Edit: Lemina assist

Lacazette hammy gone according to Newstalk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭touts

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Lacazette hammy gone according to Newstalk

Yea. According to 5-Live he wend off with his jersey pulled up over his face which is NOT a good sign.

I brought in Lacazette, Kane, Lingard and Neto on my wild card last week :mad: All off injured since I pressed the button.

• Advertisement

Cavani benched as is Vydra

Man Utd XI: Henderson, Wan-Bissaka, Lindelöf, Maguire(c), Shaw, McTominay, Fred, Rashford, Bruno Fernandes, Pogba, Greenwood

Subs: Williams, Telles, James, Cavani, Tuanzebe, Mata, van de Beek, Matic, de Gea
    #MUNBUR

Burnley XI: Peacock-Farrell, Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee(c), Taylor, Cork, Westwood, Brownhill, Gudmundsson, McNeil, Wood

Subs: Dunne, Richardson, Norris, Nartey, Stephens, Rodriguez, Vydra, Pieters, Bardsley
    #MUNBUR

Greenwood starts. Cavani benched

touts wrote: »
    Yea. According to 5-Live he wend off with his jersey pulled up over his face which is NOT a good sign.

I brought in Lacazette, Kane, Lingard and Neto on my wild card last week :mad: All off injured since I pressed the button.

That's unlucky. The Neto pick was shrewd as well. One to watch next season.

Wan Bissaka is due a decent score as far as I am concerned. Frustrating watching him. Gets in great positions, and it always not quite nearly from an fpl point of view.

Wood next up on my Bench Boost.....following Dawson's input yesterday I'm just hoping he doesn't miss a penalty and/or get sent off

• Advertisement
Advertisement