Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballinteer area

Options
  • 16-04-2021 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello guys,

Could somebody help with some info about Ballinteer Grangefield area in Dublin 16?
    How is the area? Is it safe?
    Any social issues?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭GalwayBmw

FeRoese wrote: »
    Hello guys,

Could somebody help with some info about Ballinteer Grangefield area in Dublin 16?
    How is the area? Is it safe?
    Any social issues?

The area is good and safe. Some parts of it mainly apartments were heard to be affected by pyryte other than that no issues. Generally not cheap neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

I don't know much about the Grangefield estate but I recently moved to Ballinteer (3 years) and absolutely love the area. A huge amount of greenspace, at the foot of the Dublin mountains, 15-20 mins from the sea. You'll have Lidl across the road, and Supervalu 5 mins away. You'll be a good 20+ min walk from the Ballaly Luas in Grangefield and busses do take a while to get into town unfortunately but the no. 16 terminus would be very close to you too.

There are a tonne of sports/classes going on in Marley park and a good selection of schools too. Having Dundrum TC on your doorstep can be a bit of a pain around Christmas with tailbacks from the M50 but it hasn't been as bad in the last 2-3 years as it had been up to then. I'll take the good with the bad though!

FTR I haven't experienced any social issues but there is news of the usual burglaries the odd time, I don't think that's out of the ordinary for any suburban area though.

Advertisement