Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

am i Crazy change a house

• 16-04-2021 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

background: we both in mid 30s and recently get married.

I bought a house few years ago alone, before we together, it's a small house, in one of the best Dublin suburb, currently market value is around 600k.

we lived in this house together in the last 3 years.

From the beginning till now, he gave me 1000 very month. (before he rented with someone, the rent is 900.)
    I do all the grocery shopping etc. This 1000 almost cover it. I manage the house mortgage and all the bills myself.

He never mentioned help me clear the existing mortgage or buy the half share something like that, but i don't mind in current situation, i love him.
    We lived very happy and very comfortable under this situation, no any financial issue at all.

We got married few months ago,
    and I just realise he has decent savings.
    So I start thinking about change for a bigger house. We plan to have a child very soon. Bigger house will give us much more comfortable.

In the last few days, I notice there has a very very nice house in our area, 1.1 million.
    So we had this formal conversation tonight.

I suggest I sell mine house to get 600k, he contributes 200k saving, for some reason he can not get mortgage at the moment, but i have a wealth family friend may help for the rest 300k.

We borrow the 300k loan from my family friend, let's say we pay around 2500 per month i think he can manage it easily. For the worse case, I can help if sometime he can not.

((( i think i need to say his background, he is self employed now, doing stocks now, has roughly 600k after tax in his account now. He works hard, wants retire soon.
    That's why i suggested he contributes 200k, one of third, cash out some money is safe and reasonable at this stage when you have 600k all in stock, and image if I don't have this house, he need buy the house anyway?

He said buy a house for 1.1 million is crazy.
    And get upset and angry for my recent action - I started looking around 2/3 weeks ago, he knows me searching house, and we always joking with each other doing a dream.
    Wednesday, I arrange the viewing for this 1.1 million house, before we go, he told me we are not going to buy it, i said yeah we just have a look. After the viewing I really like the house, yesterday i started talking about want to buy this together. He said I drive him crazy... I know how intense dublin housing market. We can pay booking deposit, then think about it more, i don't want loose it.....

Am i crazy????
    I feel so upset and disappointed. I can not make decision alone anymore, in the same time i hate myself, why i don't have more money myself so i don't need his contribution can change a big house.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,943 ✭✭✭YellowLead

I would agree that spending 1.1 million on a house is crazy....unless you are multi millionaires.

Why not buy something bigger but in a different post code - if space for children is what you really care about?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 amIcrazyhouse

YellowLead wrote: »
    I would agree that spending 1.1 million on a house is crazy....unless you are multi millionaires.

Why not buy something bigger but in a different post code - if space for children is what you really care about?

Hi thank your for your reply.

Forgot to say thank you all for different point of views.

I don’t want to move out this area. Very nice, safe and all the good crèche schools nearby.
    I remember before when he employed, one occasion he expressed how proud he is when he tell people he lives in this area something like that...so I suppose and he must also enjoyed living here. Nobody will not I suppose btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I don’t want to move out this area. Very nice, safe and all the good crèche schools nearby.
    I remember before when he employed, one occasion he expressed how proud he is when he tell people he lives in this area something like that...so I suppose and he must also enjoyed living here. Nobody will not I suppose btw.

Do you know the chap at all ? :)

How many rooms has your current house that makes it so small? Or it’s that you want to live in a house you both paid for (which I can understand a little more)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

What’s the difference between the 600k house snd 1m house ? Is it a status thing ? I’d does the 600k house no longer meet your needs ?

How does 1000 almost met your grocery shopping ?
    2 adults and 3 kids here , 500 does us. Stop shopping in Donnybrook Fair and Avoca.

Tbh, houses for 1M+ in Dublin make me depressed as you get so little compared to other places. Very little luxuries.
    And outside Dublin ( west cork etc ) no need to spend 1.1M

• Advertisement

How many rooms has your current house that makes it so small? Or it’s that you want to live in a house you both paid for (which I can understand a little more)

It’s two beds that one bed is our bedroom and another is his office now.

No, I don’t mean that. I bought this house when I’m single before met him. If I want change a bigger house now, financially I can not manage alone, I need his contribution.

ted1 wrote: »
    What’s the difference between the 600k house snd 1m house ? Is it a status thing ? I’d does the 600k house no longer meet your needs ?

2 adults and 3 kids here , 500 does us. Stop shopping in Donnybrook Fair and Avoca.

Yep...1000 for 2 people sounds mental. Even getting take away every night you would be hard pressed to spend that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

In the mix of every other issue in your post

How tf are you spending a grand a month on groceries for 2 people. Wtf. We do our shop for 60-80 a week

It’s two beds that one bed is our bedroom and another is his office now. .

Have you discussed with him so where a child would sleep - if he is planning to retire perhaps he won’t need the office? What is his explanation for that or does he just suggest moving to a bigger house just in a different area??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

No, I don’t mean that. I bought this house when I’m single before met him. If I want change a bigger house now, financially I can not manage alone, I need his contribution.

You can’t afford it, he dosn’t want it, the banks won’t loan on it, if your ‘friend’ loans thats the end of that friendship and you risk losing everything for a paper tiger.

• Advertisement

600k will get you a great 3 bed in south Dublin snd a 4 bed within 10km

ted1 wrote: »

Now is 2 beds house.
    That 1.1 million is 5 bed.

Yes. We spend 900-1100 for grocery. Not even include take away.
    We both like fruit, every day we eat box of blueberries, grape, melon, mango etc, and all I bought is organic food, and yes haha every week bought a lot in Donnybrook fair.

How did they get married without being partners:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Have you discussed with him so where a child would sleep - if he is planning to retire perhaps he won’t need the office? What is his explanation for that or does he just suggest moving to a bigger house just in a different area??

Do you not get it?
    The lad doesn’t even know he is married to her.
    And of course he doesn’t know she has plans to have kids

Now is 2 beds house.
    That 1.1 million is 5 bed.

Yes. We spend 900-1100 for grocery. Not even include take away.
    We both like fruit, every day we eat box of blueberries, grape, melon, mango etc, and all I bought is organic food, and yes haha every week bought a lot in Donnybrook fair.

Lidl and Aldi sell the same fruit but for much cheaper. Donnybrook fair is owned by musgraves

You have no family , you need 1 bedroom, why do you need 4 empty rooms?

KBC and ulster are leaving the market. You have cash , in 2-3 years you will be able to buy that same house for much less.

If he wants to retire early , or indeed trades online. Keep your house and buy a villa in Spain /Portugal

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Ann84

You guys need to sit down and have a serious chat about your future. This post is not about money, how much you have or spend on food... it’s about your future plan vs his future plan.

In your head, you want to start a family and are trying to organise things to ensure you have a nice family home for these kids and that’s where your focus lies, you are viewing houses and mentally moving but it doesn’t sound like your husband is on the same page.
    Have you discussed trying for a family and putting a timeline on that together?
    Have you discussed your concern about space for a potential baby?
    Has he agreed that he is open to buying a new house and if so, why couldn’t ye look at something more 50/50 split that he can afford so he can be a joint owner?
    Have you discussed and agreed how much he is willing/ comfortable spending on a new house?
    Have you agreed size/ number of rooms?

It sounds like all you have agreed is that you both love the location you currently live and want to stay in that area but a lot more conversations are needed to understand his point of view before making such a big financial commitment. I hear you are eager to get moving but you really need to engage him more, this needs to be a joint decision - it’s part of being married...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

I'll bite.
    Irrespective of the sums of money at play here, you're married now and you're assets are shared.
    You need to have a serious conversation about family finances. Arguably this should have happened before getting married!
    If he is sitting on that much saving, and is working, you need to talk about sharing financial responsibilities more if you feel he isn't pulling his weight.
    When you're married, its not a "contribution ", its a joint effort.
    If he retires, you'll be the only one supporting the family financially?

You need to talk about money more generally before you even go near buying a house.

That being said:
    - arent house viewings off in level 5?
    - fair play for getting a mortgage by yourself for a 600k house. Maybe he feels you can afford it hence only the 1000 a month.
    - also when in a marriage how did you not know about his savings before?!
    - why can't he get a mortgage? Alarm bells. And how did this never come up in conversation before?
    - what friend lends 300k? Madness. I wouldn't lend it, and I wouldn't take the loan.
    Besides if you can't afford to get a mortgage on it, then you probably can't really afford the larger house- which likely means you wouldn't realistically be able to pay your mortgage (you won't get the 600k into your hand if there is a large mortgage on it) and repay your friend.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

You need to manage your expectations a bit. If I went and viewed a 1.1 million house I'm sure I'd love it too. The difference is, I'm aware the reality of affording it is non existent.

Are you in Ireland? Because there are legal mechanisms in place when selling and buying family homes.

Either way - if he doesn't want to move, you can't force him.

I don’t think this thread is a wind up. I have an acquaintance who is exactly like this (even thought it was her for a sec). Also regarding the friend loaning money this is prevalent in some cultures - in China for example it’s actually very common.

OP it really does sound like you guys didn’t discuss all of this before getting married but you are where you are.

If your husband is on the same page about having kids (if he isn’t, well that’s a whole different thread that needs to be started...) - what are his views on your current living arrangement? Does he feel the 2 bed is sufficient or does he want to move to somewhere larger, but in a less expensive area?

You can’t make these decisions without him and be married at the end of the day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I don’t think this thread is a wind up. I have an acquaintance who is exactly like this (even thought it was her for a sec). Also regarding the friend loaning money this is prevalent in some cultures - in China for example it’s actually very common.

OP it really does sound like you guys didn’t discuss all of this before getting married but you are where you are.

If your husband is on the same page about having kids (if he isn’t, well that’s a whole different thread that needs to be started...) - what are his views on your current living arrangement? Does he feel the 2 bed is sufficient or does he want to move to somewhere larger, but in a less expensive area?

You can’t make these decisions without him and be married at the end of the day!

Half eleven on a Friday after drinks. This thread is a windup most definitely. Firstly a single person buying their own house for 600k in an affluent area and then their new husband also having 600k savings

These people don't exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

listermint wrote: »
    Half eleven on a Friday after drinks. This thread is a windup most definitely. Firstly a single person buying their own house for 600k in an affluent area and then their new husband also having 600k savings

You’d be surprised..

All in though OP, as you can see, no real relationship advice, but now you know all about property prices and where to buy the cheapest organic blueberries. That’s why I love boards..

You’d be surprised..

All in though OP, as you can see, no real relationship advice, but now you know all about property prices and where to buy the cheapest organic blueberries. That’s why I love boards..

No I wouldn't be surprised it's the musings of a bottle of wine.

Two huge earners living on nothing but fruit seeking 1.1 Million house.

I wouldn't be surprised because it's fabrication.

Her house is now worth 600k, she may have bought it for 200k, that's not unbelievable.
    Her new husband could have that money considering he doesn't own property himself. I work in a normal average paid job and I don't believe this is outlandish.
    It is unbelievable though that these two got married! OP, do you even know your husband, how long are ye together?
    Things like finances and children and the future plans for your family are basic things that most people will agree on, before getting married.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Her house is now worth 600k, she may have bought it for 200k, that's not unbelievable.
    Her new husband could have that money considering he doesn't own property himself. I work in a normal average paid job and I don't believe this is outlandish.
    It is unbelievable though that these two got married! OP, do you even know your husband, how long are ye together?
    Things like finances and children and the future plans for your family are basic things that most people will agree on, before getting married.

Yes yes it it's unbelievable. Show me 200k house in an upmarket area on Dublin since let's say 1989.

Spoof. The initial house was unaffordable for a single person in Dublin.

Yes yes it it's unbelievable. Show me 200k house in an upmarket area on Dublin since let's say 1989.

Some people’s parents give them money towards their houses though. Not saying thats what happened here but I know 2 whose parents outright bought their houses for them (albeit not in D4 - one was to the value of 350k, other 500k).
    Or their could be inheritance, or money form a divorce, or just a really high paying job and while her house is worth 600k now it might have been worth say 450 before so not so outlandish to think that’s affordable on one income.

There were plenty of houses in South County Dublin in the years 2010-2013 that were that price and have risen that much. It's not unbelievable at all.
    Particularly a small 2 bed somewhere like dalkey.

Though the groceries seems unbelievable.
    That’s an average of €33 per day.is there fillet steak and Moët in there with the organic fruit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

bubblypop wrote: »
    There were plenty of houses in South County Dublin in the years 2010-2013 that were that price and have risen that much. It's not unbelievable at all.
    Particularly a small 2 bed somewhere like dalkey.

Not to mention, As English is clearly not OP's first language,and the area, they could possibly be very well paid working for one of the tech companies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I think you need to see a financial adviser OP. You definitely need help to access your situation. You are married so there's an element of assets being shared. You need to see the actual reality of your finances, and future proof them.

You have no children, you don't know if you can have children, it's not something that should be taken for granted. A 5 bedroom house is not needed at this time, why not seek something smaller than that but bigger than you have at the moment. Also house prices are artificially inflated at the moment, you'd be looking at significant negative equity in a short time.

Agree that the grocery bill is ridiculous. All that fruit is imported from thousands of miles away. Local and in season organic would be significantly cheaper. Plenty of co-ops and producers delivering and we have great food markets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

I think you have to sit down and say what you want, when you want it and then look at the reality of how you're going to get it.
    Husband has to be on the same page as you.
    If you want a 5 bed house but can't afford it in your area then there's gonna have to be a dose of reality somewhere and some time.
    Either you get a smaller house is the area you want OR you get the bigger house but in a different area.
    I'm pretty sure there are areas of your life you can cut spending if you're doing your weekly shop in donnybrook Market, as others have said lidl or aldi ,but even super valu if you don't want to go to those two.

I'd love a 5 bed house in the middle of the country with a big 4x4 jeep outside and landscape garden, but my husband and I have to factor in childcare along with all other outgoings and we're totally lucky to have a 3 bed house in an estate . We're still in a nice area and can just about afford our outgoings every month. Sometimes reality vs expectations aren't matched up. I think you really need to figure out what you can have vs what you want and go from there.

Lots of houses in South Dublin sold for around 200k in 2012. Many worth around 600k today.

Very affordable for a single buyer. That’s when I bought mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭Treppen

If the guy is an online trader and has accumulated 600k on his own over a few years I would trust all of his financial decisions.he deals with value differences every single day.

Only two things stand out about this area...

Good crèche (even though they've no children!)
    Very Expensive Fruit

I think the op just likes the social status thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

How did you just find out about his savings now?

He sounds like a bit of a bum tbh, he gives you €1000 a month and out of that he has somewhere to live in a great part of Dublin and he eats like a king out of that too? and he doesn't cover any of the household bills?

I would imagine he doesn't want to part with any of his savings to be honest, he's clearly used to living off you!

thank for all the replies.

About our grocery shopping, I am not that kind of person that oh i only shop in m&s or donnybrook fair. I did my grocery shopping across Dunes, tesco, donnybrook fair and lidl. We just simply feel like tesco finest line indeed taste nicer than other lines, organic blueberries indeed taste sweeter, donnybrook fair cheese, meat etc indeed taste nicer, and we love lidl nuts collection.
    Anyway this is not the discussion about our grocery shopping style. We are fit, we eat healthy and We are very happy and comfortable spend 1000 grocery per month.

yeah, maybe sounds crazy i even don't pregnant yet that think this is not bigger enough for the child.
    My point of view is that, 1: i don't want move during my pregnancy or after the baby just born.
    2: I watched dublin house marketing in the past few years I know how shortage new built house in this area.
    And I believe this area house price will always hold the value.

3: And mostly about financially, he has the ability to afford, I understand that he works so hard, wants us retire soon,
    I only ask him to cash out mere portion of all he has now.
    300k loan/ 2500 per month mortgage should not pressure for us at all.
    Before he works for himself as full time trader, he has a high skilled desirable job, let's prepare the worst scenario maybe next year trading not good, he struggling pay the mortgage, but he can always back to his previous work market, And I can always support.

Somebody mentioned we should have this kind of conversation before married.
    He gives me 1000 that almost cover our grocery, I'm very comfortable pay all the bills and mortgage, and all the others small stuff, like buying paintings, decorations for the house etc.
    When we have some big expenses, like last year I want to buy the garden furniture and recently the new dining table, he insists he wants to pay.

The way we shared the expenses just so natural and works well in the past, we never realise need to have this kind of conversation. ?

It’s not just the financial conversations - it’s the conversation about having kids? It seems he is not keen to have them as soon as you? Or if he is then he has given you a different opinion about where you should live that you are not telling us.

It’s completely understandable that you would want to buy a home with more than two beds if you plan to start a family - but it sounds like he is not keen on having kids yet, if at all, or else he feels the two bed fits, or that you should move to a slightly cheaper area (plenty of nice areas with more affordable than 1.1 mill)

Also - I still don’t understand how it’s possible to spend so much on groceries for two people even at Donnybrook fair - do you include expensive beauty products in the mix or something???

• Advertisement

somebody questioned my 600k house.
    This is the second property i purchased, the first property i bought is an apartment, I sold that apartment after lived there 4 years, got 60k more than i initially purchase.
    Location location, this area always hold the value.
    My existing mortgage is not pressure for me at all. So that i know if he has some difficulty to pay the mortgage in the future i always can help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

t

He gives me 1000 that almost cover our grocery, I'm very comfortable pay all the bills and mortgage, and all the others small stuff, like buying paintings, decorations for the house etc.
    When we have some big expenses, like last year I want to buy the garden furniture and recently the new dining table, he insists he wants to pay.

The way we shared the expenses just so natural and works well in the past, we never realise need to have this kind of conversation. ?

Well of course it worked well for him, he got to live in a lovely area in Dublin, household bills covered and got to eat all of the best food for €1000 a month, There's not many that would turn that down!!! and this guy has 600k sitting in his bank.

I think it says a lot about him that he didn't offer to pay extra!

This post is 100% a wind up. She's barely literate and yet apparently amassed a fortune in her mid 30s? And has a mate willing to loan €300k? Sure...

thank for all the replies.

About our grocery shopping, I am not that kind of person that oh i only shop in m&s or donnybrook fair. I did my grocery shopping across Dunes, tesco, donnybrook fair and lidl. We just simply feel like tesco finest line indeed taste nicer than other lines, organic blueberries indeed taste sweeter, donnybrook fair cheese, meat etc indeed taste nicer, and we love lidl nuts collection.
    Anyway this is not the discussion about our grocery shopping style. We are fit, we eat healthy and We are very happy and comfortable spend 1000 grocery per month.

yeah, maybe sounds crazy i even don't pregnant yet that think this is not bigger enough for the child.
    My point of view is that, 1: i don't want move during my pregnancy or after the baby just born.
    2: I watched dublin house marketing in the past few years I know how shortage new built house in this area.
    And I believe this area house price will always hold the value.

3: And mostly about financially, he has the ability to afford, I understand that he works so hard, wants us retire soon,
    I only ask him to cash out mere portion of all he has now.
    300k loan/ 2500 per month mortgage should not pressure for us at all.
    Before he works for himself as full time trader, he has a high skilled desirable job, let's prepare the worst scenario maybe next year trading not good, he struggling pay the mortgage, but he can always back to his previous work market, And I can always support.

As the great Mel b once said it’s when 2 become 1

We both want child soon, we tried for the last year, just not conceive yet.
    yeah, I know i just don't want move out this area.

No, not include beauty products and alcohol (we don't drink anyway..) just grocery.
    Like yesterday i shopped in Dus, spent 85 after 20 off. For the formal meal i just bought one chicken breast.
    For the lunch we had 2 small sushi boxes and some bread with hummus dipping source cost around 10 euro, for the dinner he had some ready meal that bought in Donnybrook, i had lobster that cost 20 (this is an exception, i only eat once no more than a month), for the dessert we share the fruit mixed box.
    now the fridge is not that full, i need go to tesco and donnybrook tomorrow..

• Advertisement

No, not include beauty products and alcohol (we don't drink anyway..) just grocery.
    Like yesterday i shopped in Dus, spent 85 after 20 off. For the formal meal i just bought one chicken breast.
    For the lunch we had 2 small sushi boxes and some bread with hummus dipping source cost around 10 euro, for the dinner he had some ready meal that bought in Donnybrook, i had lobster that cost 20 (this is an exception, i only eat once no more than a month), for the dessert we share the fruit mixed box.

What's your native language? What's your profession?

If you say you both want a child soon - is his plan that he will give up his office in your current two bed so the child can use that bedroom and then in the future if you have more than one you can consider moving?

If you don’t make it yourself it’s not healthy

If you don’t make it yourself it’s not healthy

Also - what is the ‘formal meal’ if it’s in addition to dinner???

Just ask your friend for 500k instead. Sorted. Enjoy your new gaff.

I admit that i'm so lucky in this financial situation in my mid 30s, i worked so hard before and now.

Cashed out 200k/a fraction of all, instead of leave All in stock is kind of protect his money.
    Because of the pandemic, work from home gives him more flexible time doing his trading besides working for the company. He left the job nearly half year, now is a full time trader. He is intelligent, doing so well and i believe will keep doing well.
    And for the worst scenario he always can get back to his previous job. 300k mortgage is not big deal.

Just forget the house i want to buy is 1.1 million that i contribute 600k, just for a highly paid job man get 300k loan is a lot? i don't think so.

I admit that i'm so lucky in this financial situation in my mid 30s, i worked so hard before and now.

Cashed out 200k/a fraction of all, instead of leave All in stock is kind of protect his money.
    Because of the pandemic, work from home gives him more flexible time doing his trading besides working for the company. He left the job nearly half year, now is a full time trader. He is intelligent, doing so well and i believe will keep doing well.
    And for the worst scenario he always can get back to his previous job. 300k mortgage is not big deal.

Just forget the house i want to buy is 1.1 million that i contribute 600k, just for a highly paid job man get 300k loan is a lot? i don't think so.

What does he want to do regarding raising a family?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Am I crazy

Yes, yes you are

Stop focusing on the price tag and think about somewhere you both feel at home in.

Extending or renovating your existing house would be a far better move all round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Oh course you were both living comfortably when he was handing you over 1k a month. Holy Shjt. To answer your question, yes, I do think you are crazy. The poor chap has saved up nearly a quarter of a million and you want to blow it on taking a dent out of a massive mortage. Chances are this thread is a wind up.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Oh course you were both living comfortably when he was handing you over 1k a month. Holy Shjt. To answer your question, yes, I do think you are crazy. The poor chap has saved up nearly a quarter of a million and you want to blow it on taking a dent out of a massive mortage. Chances are this thread is a wind up.

He has more than a million, but all in stock,
    I think it’s reasonable and safe to cash out some regardless buy the house or not.
    200k is a fraction of all,

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement