Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do car owners drive in the middle lane?

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

People learning the hard way about re-learning stopping distances in the wet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭chooseusername

A crash for cash gone wrong?

Was the front vehicle in the shunt full of people complaining of whiplash and back injury?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that's quite a whack the keywaste truck gave the white van.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭AmpMan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

You'd wonder how much space each driver had allowed from the car in front of them.

I find that a big issue on the M50 especially in wet /foggy conditions. I like to leave a nice gap from the car in front of me, but without fail some plonker will pull into it which means I have to pull back further.

The two second rule seems lost and forgotten.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

I wonder how insurance companies handle this. Will every motorist except the last one claim that they'd stopped in time but were shunted into the vehicle in front? Or was it actually a case of seven individual rear endings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

It looks like the green went into the white with force. The white then went into the black . There doesn't seem to be a huge amount of damage done to the black car or the silver one so I get the impression the black car was shunted into the silver one from the impact of the white.

It doesn't look to me anyway that silver stopped suddenly, causing black to go in to it, then white going into black.....cos if that was happening the green really should have had better reaction times.

How it plays out from insurance is anyone's guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Typical brain dead drivers not leaving enough space or adjusting their driving to the conditions, too close to the vehicle in front to react to a sudden brake or stop. So close there was no time even to steer out of danger onto the verge where the photo is taken.

See it in winter time too on icy roads. You cannot teach stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭standardg60

Saw a video of it, the Keywaste truck was the last one and the biggest damage was between it and the white van. Damage got less as you went along the line so likely all the others were stopped at the red light and the truck didn't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement