Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Power washer

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭chewed

Picked up one this morning in LIDL, plenty of stock left but also plenty of lads picking them up. It's a fair bit of kit for €100.

I managed to nab one this morning. Very happy with it so far. It's fairly powerful.

There's a piece with it called a Turbo Dirt Miller. Any idea what that does and where it connects to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Possibly extra force for cleaning as i had a turbo lance with gave a figure 8 spray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

obi604 wrote: »
    are you saying you put bleach and water in the detergent bottle, would this be bad for the pressure washer? i.e. the bleach

now that you mention this is likely what fliucked it but it did what i needed for about 3 years so all ok.

I got one of these new ones this morning and it looks pretty ok.
    I am wondering how to turn nozzle into more direct point where water goes than spray.
    This seems to spray more than i would like at the top of its power, i would prefer if i was able to make this less of a spray.
    Its a plastic thing on the nozzle and i wonder what will happen if i interfere with as i may end up worse.

Does your knob rotate from jet to spray or pull out / push in /

Do people have lime in their water and might need a regular clean with vinegar.

greasepalm wrote: »
    Does your knob rotate from jet to spray or pull out / push in /

Do people have lime in their water and might need a regular clean with vinegar.

Its new and works perfect, the problem is i want to send to the A-point of 2 storied house and because the nozzle has too much spray will not carry more than few feet from nozzle.
    I just wanted to ask here before i break it as i do not know what will happen when i change or remove the plastic thing that creates the spray.

Post up a phot as it might be clearer and presume this is for water cleaning.

Post up a phot as it might be clearer and presume this is for water cleaning.

I tried to put up a picture here a couple of weeks ago and was told error.
    I also offered to submit a clip today and was advised by mod to put it on Utube.
    I do not understand why this is happening, it may be i am doing something wrong but i cannot supply the forum with the information it needs....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭septictank

Have you twisted the tip of the lance, The Knob, L and R to adjust the spray?

trying to remember uploading a photo , click advanced and select manage attachments and browse for file and click and upload.

Clicking on the insert image and entering photo you see the picture on the post.

551060.jpg

• Advertisement

trying to remember uploading a photo , click advanced and select manage attachments and browse for file and click and upload.

Clicking on the insert image and entering photo you see the picture on the post.

551060.jpg

I will try tomorrow as i spent more time here today than i like to.

Thanks....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

If you hold back a little while, and can get to a few stores, they might be reduced. Floor space is a premium in these shops, and they are big bulky items. I got a Karcher K4 in Aldi a couple of years ago, down to 140 from 200. Staff member said they were reduced to clear the space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭jmreire

madmaggie wrote: »
    If you hold back a little while, and can get to a few stores, they might be reduced. Floor space is a premium in these shops, and they are big bulky items. I got a Karcher K4 in Aldi a couple of years ago, down to 140 from 200. Staff member said they were reduced to clear the space.

I bought a K4 3 weeks ago in B&Q limerick. €228. But I think that they are a little cheaper in Woodies. ( especially if you are over 65, and you buy on thursdays,)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

jmreire wrote: »
    I bought a K4 3 weeks ago in B&Q limerick. €228. But I think that they are a little cheaper in Woodies. ( especially if you are over 65, and you buy on thursdays,)

You don't need to be over 65 to get a discount.
    You can go to the till and ask if it's okay to get the "oap" discount without anybody over 65 with you, I've done it and had 100% success rate.
    If that doesn't work, ask someone who is over 65 ahead or behind you in queue
    if it's okay to "use" them walking through the till to get the discount?
    I've also done that but not since Covid started.
    If they don't work for you, try "if I don't get the discount, I will have to go back down to some other DIY store as they were cheaper with no discount" and see what they say.

septictank wrote: »
    Have you twisted the tip of the lance, The Knob, L and R to adjust the spray?

I have done that and that works fine.
    What i want to do is direct the water to a point but it changes and spreads out to a spray a few feet from the nozzle, i can see the piece of plastic that creates the spray.
    I was hoping someone here may have done and tell me result....

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭jimmyjim11

I have done that and that works fine.
    What i want to do is direct the water to a point but it changes and spreads out to a spray a few feet from the nozzle, i can see the piece of plastic that creates the spray.
    I was hoping someone here may have done and tell me result....
    think you need to use the turbo nozzel for best results

can you put car shampoo into detergent bottle or do you need seprate snow foam lance ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭obi604

chewed wrote: »
    I managed to nab one this morning. Very happy with it so far. It's fairly powerful.

There's a piece with it called a Turbo Dirt Miller. Any idea what that does and where it connects to?

How do you find the integrated hose reel?

Is it more hassle than it’s worth, having to reel it up for moves and then not being able to replace it easily if anything goes wrong etc.

jimmyjim11 wrote: »
    think you need to use the turbo nozzel for best results

can you put car shampoo into detergent bottle or do you need seprate snow foam lance ?

The two nozzles are pretty much the same i think.
    What i use for is more as a sprayer to send chemical to the A-point of house and chimney. The weather washes it off.
    I will likely remove the piece of plastic to send more direct but thought i would ask here first to see if anyone could advise.

Photos would be nice to see the PLASTIC.

Photos would be nice to see the PLASTIC.

Any time i tried to put up a pic here i failed.
    I can be a bit controversial at times.
    The bosses here do not like that, one directed me to Utube...

Try using a link on the go advanced tab

manage attachments and browse for your photo on the new pop up Upload file from your computer. Then close window as you should see it above the Manage attachments.

As i have just used the link posted it still gives you the same picture but smaller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭funnyname

I picked this up a couple of weeks ago, it also feeds direct from a water butt. However unfortunately that connection didn't come supplied, any suggestions where I might get one or one that's compatible with parkside brand?

https://www.lidl-shop.be/fr-BE/PARKSIDE-Nettoyeur-haute-pression-PHDP-180-A1-3-000-W/p100321011

551787.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,492 ✭✭✭✭Alun

okidoki987 wrote: »
    You don't need to be over 65 to get a discount.
    You can go to the till and ask if it's okay to get the "oap" discount without anybody over 65 with you, I've done it and had 100% success rate.
    If that doesn't work, ask someone who is over 65 ahead or behind you in queue
    if it's okay to "use" them walking through the till to get the discount?
    I've also done that but not since Covid started.
    If they don't work for you, try "if I don't get the discount, I will have to go back down to some other DIY store as they were cheaper with no discount" and see what they say.

FYI it's actually over 60 in Woodie's, not 65. I used to get it sometimes without actually asking for it before I reached 60 :D

Let’s say I am operating pressure washer. Water pipe connected, tap on etc, all good.

If I need to stop for a break of 5 mins etc. Do I need to turn off power on pressure washer, turn off tap etc.

Or can I simply leave it on for 5 mins or so and come back again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Let’s say I am operating pressure washer. Water pipe connected, tap on etc, all good.

If I need to stop for a break of 5 mins etc. Do I need to turn off power on pressure washer, turn off tap etc.

Or can I simply leave it on for 5 mins or so and come back again.

Not for 5 minutes. Over time the runners on the connection into the power washer and you may find water leaking at the water input point usually if stopping only for s few minutes I ignore it. If going for a cup of tea I turn everything off

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Richard_parker

I have the Lidl one got it 2 years ago, the more powerful model PHD 150 G4 I think(2100w), it looks exactly the same as new 170 one, and its so noisy I am embarrassed to turn it on in my estate, used it 3-5 times max it still looks and works like new. I have great water pressure so that is not an issue.

Great machine otherwise, I love its features like pump action so it can draw water from a barrel it has filter at hose connection for that ( I have never needed or used this though), 10m hose is great and it disconnects from the gun so you can wind it tidily on reel and secure with strap- there is never any twist on it which is what I find extremely annoying with other washers, 5m power cable, needle for cleaning the nozzle, great pressure more than I ever needed, wheels nicely and very stable when in use etc...

Only slight issue I had with mine is that the o-ring at the hose to gun connection broke the last time I took it out, not a problem I have a box of o-rings from lidl easy to replace. When it breaks it stays on so there is only a slight leak when in use under high pressure, not a big deal and easily sorted. I am sure better o-ring can be used here, mine is not in use dont know why it broke, probably when clicking the gun in after long period of no use.

The ONLY reason why I will be selling it and going for K5 or similar is noise, sticker says 92db and I don't know how accurate that is but I can not stand the blare of it.

I have the Lidl one got it 2 years ago, the more powerful model PHD 150 G4 I think(2100w), it looks exactly the same as new 170 one, and its so noisy I am embarrassed to turn it on in my estate, used it 3-5 times max it still looks and works like new. I have great water pressure so that is not an issue.

Great machine otherwise, I love its features like pump action so it can draw water from a barrel it has filter at hose connection for that ( I have never needed or used this though), 10m hose is great and it disconnects from the gun so you can wind it tidily on reel and secure with strap- there is never any twist on it which is what I find extremely annoying with other washers, 5m power cable, needle for cleaning the nozzle, great pressure more than I ever needed, wheels nicely and very stable when in use etc...

Only slight issue I had with mine is that the o-ring at the hose to gun connection broke the last time I took it out, not a problem I have a box of o-rings from lidl easy to replace. When it breaks it stays on so there is only a slight leak when in use under high pressure, not a big deal and easily sorted. I am sure better o-ring can be used here, mine is not in use dont know why it broke, probably when clicking the gun in after long period of no use.

The ONLY reason why I will be selling it and going for K5 or similar is noise, sticker says 92db and I don't know how accurate that is but I can not stand the blare of it.

You can get these ear plugs for noise reduction. They are often easier to use where noise is not really extreme like with a chainsaw rather than ear defenders. Noise dissipate fairly fast with distance. Power hoses can be noisy.

If the replacement O ring is breaking all the time try taking it to a place that repairs hydraulic hoses. They will usually have good quality O-rings.

With O-rings they come in metric and imperial. If you use the wrong types they break down very fast again. There is different diameters in sizes as well. You need the exact replacement o-ring

I have used the Lidl ones and they work ok for me

Slava Ukrainii

My last yoke was 89 db and seemed relatively quiet. The new one is 97 db and is a bit louder but not awfully much.

I think when it comes to db measurement that it’s not really linear so 97 is many more greater than 89 etc.

But to be honest probably not obviously noticeable.

My last yoke was 89 db and seemed relatively quiet. The new one is 97 db and is a bit louder but not awfully much.

I think when it comes to db measurement that it’s not really linear so 97 is many more greater than 89 etc.

In any sort of powe measurement whether its power, telecommunications, etc every 3dbs double the power level. So an 8db difference is nearly treble the relative noise level

Slava Ukrainii

In any sort of powe measurement whether its power, telecommunications, etc every 3dbs double the power level. So an 8db difference is nearly treble the relative noise level

Ok fair enough.

I’m just saying in the real world in my experience, I cannot really notice a major major difference between the 2.

Certainly would not strike me as being 3 times louder.

If the replacement O ring is breaking all the time try taking it to a place that repairs hydraulic hoses. They will usually have good quality O-rings.

With O-rings they come in metric and imperial. If you use the wrong types they break down very fast again. There is different diameters in sizes as well. You need the exact replacement o-ring

I have used the Lidl ones and they work ok for me

It only broke broke once, I am not using the washer much because of noise, I found exactly same o-ring in lidl box of rings diameter and thickness of material are same and seems to be holding now but again I only used it once since that. If I end up keeping it I will look for quality o-ring as you have suggested, thanks for mentioning that, I have saved the original o-ring.

• Advertisement

I don't know how accurate 92db is and the number doesn't matter really, going by some of woodworking machines I have used this feels a lot louder than even the worst of the brushed motors in woodworking machinery. I could swear this would be a lot louder than a brushed table saw. I am embarrassed to take it out and turn it on and I wouldn't even think about using it say late afternoon/evening :).

All Lidl power tools/machines are loud, but this is on another level.

I don't know maybe I am tripping unnecessarily about using it in my estate (which isn't posh by any stretch), but I am confident I am not exaggerating about how loud and blaring it is. If I could take that "top end blare" away I would have no problem using it, I love the machine otherwise.

Check reviews on screwfix as they might mention sound level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Only getting around to looking at the Lidl washer today, do I need a garden hose to connect it up or did I hear something about another method?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Only getting around to looking at the Lidl washer today, do I need a garden hose to connect it up or did I hear something about another method?

You need a hose, as you do with all washers.

dodzy wrote: »
    You need a hose, as you do with all washers.

Any particular one? One I have doesn't fit.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Any particular one? One I have doesn't fit.

Why does it not fit hose you got is it a bigger bore than standard?
    If fitting is different you can change to your chosen one.
    Hozelock do many attachments.

Why does it not fit hose you got is it a bigger bore than standard?
    If fitting is different you can change to your chosen one.
    Hozelock do many attachments.

Not sure, was a cheap one off amazon.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

If you have access to tap then hose is best option.

B&Q, Woodies, or any hardware store will have fittings, Lidl sometimes have them too, if they have washer on sale now they will very likely have fittings too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭Cerco

I find the brass ones best. Don’t buy cheap plastic ones as they often leak particularly the ones with the stop feature ( blocking flow when disconnected.) The Hazelock plastic ones are the exception and are quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Some of the plastic ones have this eco feature to help you save water (a smaller internal bore) it can be a right pain in the nuts causing the washer to cycle on and off, as cerco said the brass ones are best and have a proper full diameter internal bore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Some of the plastic ones have this eco feature to help you save water (a smaller internal bore) it can be a right pain in the nuts causing the washer to cycle on and off, as cerco said the brass ones are best and have a proper full diameter internal bore.

I think anyone looking at saving water on a 450ltr/min device are sadly disillusioned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I think anyone looking at saving water on a 450ltr/min device are sadly disillusioned

Think you meant /hour?

I have a fairly strong 10l/ min washer as I use it for farming as well. It has cut the length of power washing something by much more than 50% than a 6L/min washer

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement

funnyname wrote: »
    I picked this up a couple of weeks ago, it also feeds direct from a water butt. However unfortunately that connection didn't come supplied, any suggestions where I might get one or one that's compatible with parkside brand?

https://www.lidl-shop.be/fr-BE/PARKSIDE-Nettoyeur-haute-pression-PHDP-180-A1-3-000-W/p100321011

551787.png

anyone?

Why people want to use water butts as the dirt in them is unreal and weed seeds.

Thinking its a hose and filter that is sunk into the butt??

Check makers website for extras.

Why people want to use water butts as the dirt in them is unreal and weed seeds.

Thinking its a hose and filter that is sunk into the butt??

Check makers website for extras.

Water pressure isn't high enough so i fill a clean barrel and take a break when it gets too low to let it fill up again, barrel also very handy when adding a mix like clear path to help get rid of moss.

Clean barrel is handy to have if you can have a big one thats see through is handy.

Advertisement