Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Pats

Options
  • 17-04-2021 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi, my daughter is hoping to start a Primary Teaching degree in St Pats in September and we really not sure about accommodation. Assuming students will be back on campus ( who knows!) she will have to find accommodation as we are not in commuting distance. Has anyone stayed in the St Pats campus? We really dont like what weve read about it being very old, with a shower/ toilet between 8 people! The other DCU campuses have ensuite facilities and seem far newer, but would she miss out on making friends etc if she wasnt on the St Pats campus? Do any St Pats students stay in other campuses? Would really welcome any advice as she wont know anyone attending the college and isnt familiar with Dublin. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Dave0301

carr62 wrote: »
    Hi, my daughter is hoping to start a Primary Teaching degree in St Pats in September and we really not sure about accommodation. Assuming students will be back on campus ( who knows!) she will have to find accommodation as we are not in commuting distance. Has anyone stayed in the St Pats campus? We really dont like what weve read about it being very old, with a shower/ toilet between 8 people! The other DCU campuses have ensuite facilities and seem far newer, but would she miss out on making friends etc if she wasnt on the St Pats campus? Do any St Pats students stay in other campuses? Would really welcome any advice as she wont know anyone attending the college and isnt familiar with Dublin. Thanks.

Accomodation around the DCU campus is pretty good. Although it has been a while since I have lived in it! Now that St Pat's and DCU are joined up more closely, I would expect that more students are split across the two different campuses. Someone with more recent experience might be able to give a better idea, but I suspect there would be more happening at DCU in the evenings and she might be better off there from a social aspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sher2022

Hello,

I know your post was written last April but I'm in a similar predicament as you were this year. What campus did your daughter decide to stay on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sher2022

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭carr62

Sorry, im only seeing this now. My daughter was lucky in that she got accommodation on campus at St Pats. I say " lucky", as i hadnt realised its always over subscribed, so its a lottery. I havent heard her complain about the shared facilities either. But theres always something to worry about. Shes in her second term and as she would tend to be shy, she really hasnt made friends yet. This upsets her, so its a worry to me. Hopefully things will improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daretodream

Did you apply for the on campus accommodation lottery? First offers were out today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

You would think between the St. Pats and All Hallows campuses they would have developed more student accommodation.

Advertisement