Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aero Road Bike

Options
  • 17-04-2021 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Looking for suggestions for a new road bike. Have a few in mind, but would like to hear from others...
    Looking at bikes around €5k. Would like an aero road bike, ideally would love wireless shifting too. Integrated cockpit is fairly important too (can’t stand seeing cables in this day and age) :)

What would you go for with the above caveats?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Ridley Noah FAST.
    I have one with the integrated seatpost and jsut beware its very stiff with the integrated cockpit.
    Anything over 2 or 3 hours and book yourself in for a massage the next day.

https://www.paulmilnescycles.com/ridley-noah-fast-disc-brake-aero-carbon-road-bike-frameset---blue-6137-p.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 16,784 ✭✭✭✭dahat

The top end Propel for around 5.5k looks a beauty from pictures and in person as wel. They aren’t everyone’s cup of tea (not mine) but this one really stands out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Best value for buck is the Cube Litening. Di2, disc, fully concealed cabling and integrated cockpit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

No matter what you buy, at some stage you'll inevitably regret it wasn't an S5 - so don't put yourself through that.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Cona44

gman2k wrote: »
    Best value for buck is the Cube Litening. Di2, disc, fully concealed cabling and integrated cockpit.

Actually this one is top of my list at the moment, just can’t look past it for value.

S5 is amazing but out of my budget

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Cona44 wrote: »
    Actually this one is top of my list at the moment, just can’t look past it for value.

5k certainly gets you a new s5 if you can put up with the grubby ignominious peasantry of *shudder* mechanical shifting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Cona44 wrote: »

I sent you a pm, as a mate is thinking of selling his

Advertisement