Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight's Boxing 17/4 (Andrade v Williams, Prograis v Redkach, Paul v Askren etc)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

x PyRo wrote: »
    Chris Algieri is a hard listen.

It's a rule of all US DAZN commentators, you must be annoying and your voice must be grating.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Big Ears wrote: »
    It's a rule of all US DAZN commentators, you must be annoying and your voice must be grating.

I chose UK commentary.

megadodge wrote: »
    Scandalous amount of holding from Andrade, yet the referee didn't even warn him once!

Williams made him work every minute and Andrade didn't want to, so he just held. And was allowed to.

I'd love to have a count of how many clinches he initiated. As crazy as it sounds, I'd be confident it's a 3 figure sum.

Would definitely be interesting to see how he'd have coped if he wasn't allowed to hold.

walshb wrote: »
    I chose UK commentary.

Is that an option on a DAZN subscription ?
    My Fire Stick chose for me !

Whoever sorts the sound and the mics needs a performance meeting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Had it 117-110 Andrade. Levels between them really.

Poor performance by Williams though. Used to really rate him as a good pure boxer puncher with good footwork. Ditched all that to fight a sloppy come forward fight there that played straight into Andrade's hands really. Definitely think he could have picked his spots better instead of being a sitting duck for the uppercut. Looks like a fighter who has fallen in love with his power too much.

Still think Andrade is a tough out for most. Awkward as **** but think even a 39 year old GGG gets to him if they made that fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭megadodge

Big Ears wrote: »
    Is that an option on a DAZN subscription ?
    My Fire Stick chose for me !

Whoever sorts the sound and the mics needs a performance meeting.....

I chose the UK option as well. It's right there on the menu.
    Can't stand the US DAZN commentators.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭megadodge

Morrison J wrote: »
    Had it 117-110 Andrade. Levels between them really.

Poor performance by Williams though. Used to really rate him as a good pure boxer puncher with good footwork. Ditched all that to fight a sloppy come forward fight there that played straight into Andrade's hands really. Definitely think he could have picked his spots better instead of being a sitting duck for the uppercut. Looks like a fighter who has fallen in love with his power too much.

Still think Andrade is a tough out for most. Awkward as **** but think even a 39 year old GGG gets to him if they made that fight.

I see where you're coming for with Williams, as I too think he has very good skills behind an excellent jab, but I believe they decided he wasn't going to win a pure boxing match, so they opted for the relentless approach and trying to wear Andrade down. It worked to an extent, in that Andrade was definitely very tired, but was helped to rest by the crazy amount of holding he got away with. But Williams' approach did leave him a lot more open than he would normally be, so he was hit cleanly by the more obvious punches which won rounds.

I chose the UK option as well. It's right there on the menu.
    Can't stand the US DAZN commentators.

Ah yes the menu......... I'm sure I can find that on my...... legitimate streaming subscription 😬

They really are incredibly poor. It's such a contrast to the quality we had from HBO and Showtime for decades.
    Hell even Joe Tessitore and (forgive me for saying this) Teddy Atlas make them look extremely poor by comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Morrison J

I see where you're coming for with Williams, as I too think he has very good skills behind an excellent jab, but I believe they decided he wasn't going to win a pure boxing match, so they opted for the relentless approach and trying to wear Andrade down. It worked to an extent, in that Andrade was definitely very tired, but was helped to rest by the crazy amount of holding he got away with. But Williams' approach did leave him a lot more open than he would normally be, so he was hit cleanly by the more obvious punches which won rounds.

Yeah I could be wrong but I just think Williams on his toes and picking his moments to put his combinations together would've given him a better opportunity personally. Seems a very British tactic to plod forward with the high guard in the hope your opponent tires. Joe Gallagher would've been proud of Ingle's tactics tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Diddley Squat

Oscar is out of his brains there .........
    Bet they regret picking him for commentary :)

Baluba's on the yayo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Morrison J wrote: »
    Yeah I could be wrong but I just think Williams on his toes and picking his moments to put his combinations together would've given him a better opportunity personally. Seems a very British tactic to plod forward with the high guard in the hope your opponent tires. Joe Gallagher would've been proud of Ingle's tactics tonight.

Yep. For 12 rds he did the same thing..

No adapting, no variation. Pure hoping that Andrade would simply fall over..

And not an ounce of head movement whilst eating clean shots consistently..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Williams too predictable and as said you could see the levels here. Good to see Ingle's chin was protected.

Advertisement