Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streaming question

Options
  • 17-04-2021 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

I need do an online course fairly shortly and it says it's done live with video-conferencing on Google Meet

I can get broadband at my address (fairly sure anyway) but there's the waiting period so i think i will miss a few streams of the above while I am waiting

Using Vodafone. They say it's up to 10mb usual day to day tasks on phone/youtube/facebook is ok for it

But this is a wee bit more important so cant afford mishaps

Question is would mobile data cut the mustard for that kind of streaming action for it for the time being until i get broadband of some sort in???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nobody but your neighbour on the same network can advise. My cell might offer 600Mb and the next could offer 3Mb at peak. Piece of string. You'll need to test.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭clobber

Is there even a test kind of service i could try out on it replicating like the live event that's going to be streamed back to me which is what i need it for.

Im currently running android tv box off it and my FB youtube and all that. This is Saturday evening/night time so now would be its best test time.

Advertisement