Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

1. Selfish pricks that won't drive at the recommended speed limit but also won't pull in and let other cars overtake!! 🤬

2. Pedal bins in hotel bathrooms...never open properly

3. Disposable cup collars...pile of 💩 just provide decent cups that don't burn your hands! Calm down enviro freaks...I have my reusable cup where possible 🙄

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Basically. Had he just messaged me, I'd have apologised and told him he could move the frame.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I'm getting tired enough for bed now. But I need to book a Dr's appointment. Otherwise I'll be awake tonight which means staying up to 10 at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

"To view, download or print a copy of your Statement, click here"

Where here is the only word that's clickable. First, the people who wrote that text, second the developers who code such an unusable link. FFS, the web in 1996 was better linked together 🤦🏻‍♂️

It is what it's.

Pedal bins, generally. Even if they do open, they do so with such gusto that they KLANGGG off the wall 🙉

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Aww Dean Stockwell died. Quantum Leap is my favourite show of all time, mostly because of him. What a legend. RIP

The way channel 5 do cheap poor versions of other channels shows.

Like channel 4 will have a really well made show like 24 hours in police custody and then channel 5 will make a show called inside the police station or something and it will just be poorly put together rubbish.

Still awake , no thanks to the fcuker outside with a con saw raring.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Starting my Christmas shopping with gusto today...mixture of online and in store... but thanks to getting woken up by my jackass man-child neighbor revving the fûck out of his 150 cc motorcycle at 5.15am getting in from work, I’m not feeling the enthusiasm for either.... or the energy..

im reading if motorcycles need to be revved before shutting them down and apparently they shouldn’t be it’s bad for them... so what this asshole is trying to accomplish is anybody’s guess... arriving into a residential location at 5 am...

he is aware that his next door neighbor is a lady of almost 90 for starters... arrive, switch off the bike and stow the fûckin thing, quietly. Prîck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Fair play to you, S, hitting 90 is some going. I had you down as a bloke but I guess it makes sense.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It will be some going alright given the state of the world...and the many jackasses in it, :)

———

im attempting now to give a courier company my business worth a couple of hundred Euros, presents for friends and family in a couple of international destinations from myself and my family here...Website is piss poor, graphics, adds and slogans galore but fûck all information...ring them and it’s talking to people with quite a dubiously inefficient ability to communicate in English...clueless to be fair...so use their chat bot thing online instead... “ a simple inquiry, can I send cosmetics / perfume, aftershave to Xyz ? “ and I get told that my query would be best handled by calling their customer services number... why ? They can hardly speak fûckin English ! absolutely shockingly dreadful customer service and whom if weren’t significantly cheaper then the competitors would be history decades ago... unbelievably incompetent. I’d presumed an improvement might have been forthcoming but it’s gotten worse seemingly..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The digital agency we use in work. Their service has gone through the fcuking floor recently and we're on the verge of losing a pretty big client because of it.

They made a particularly huge mistake last week and I had to go forelock-tugging to the client over it. Agency assured me all sorts of investigations would be done and QA improvements implemented to make sure it never happened again. So of course, the exact same thing just happened again.

Sitting here now having to micromanage the build instead of logging off and going for the bath I was looking forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Johnny Sexton. Is it just me, or does he have absolutely zero personality? He is like a lump of wood during interviews, no smiles no character to him whatsoever. Brian o Driscoll and Paul O Connell had great personalities but i dont get the love for Sexton.

He’s just all business when on the pitch or dealing with the “media”. Catch him in relaxed company and you’ll see a funny lad with a great personality.

O’Connell was hardly all “sunshine” during his playing days either.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Good ' morning ' . Another night in front of the box ahead ! At least I got through to my gp who'll have a script in my pharmacy in a couple of days to help get my routine back to somewhat normal. So a TA and a TH I suppose.

A friend of a friend's profile pic pops up as a suggested friend on Facebook from time to time and it's a photo of himself getting vaccinated, staring at the camera with a what a hero am I look as he's being injected and what I assume is, I got the vaccine, written in Irish across it.

Well woop de fukin do. What do you want a medal or something? The vast majority of us got vaccinated and I doubt anyone did because of your stupid profile pic. Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

One thing that TA'd me yesterday, during a press conference before the All Blacks game, he said that it's good that the match is on a bit later as the fans can have a couple more pints before the game than usual.

And I thought sport was meant to be disassociating itself from alcohol? Imagine a GAA figure said the same thing, there'd be uproar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Several times I tried to ring my GP with a simple query but nobody there was answering the phone. This meant that I had to walk down to the GP surgery and ask in person 🙄 At least it got me out of the house for a walk I suppose.

Ah, but he’s got a point. I go to, nearly, all the home international matches. The early start is an abomination, the game against Japan was the worst atmosphere in a long time.

It’s great having “family” days but the chatter going on during the kicks was excessive. I don’t think I can ever remember it being as bad as last Saturday.

Games against “smaller sides”, I’m aware Japan are a competitive side, should be played at either 3 or 5pm. Preferably the latter.

This weekend there will be very few families present and there will be next to no noise during the kicks, obviously there’ll be the odd shout but that won’t be “condoned”.

Getting a couple of pints in before kick off is a great way of starting the day. Was there much “uproar” when Bryan Cullen shouted ‘see you in Coppers’ at the end of his All Ireland winning speech?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

money talks and the tv schedulers ruled last weekends kick off times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Today I emailed two of our "experts" to ask them basic questions on parts of their job, strangely I got prompt answers from both of them, lots of details but NO answer to what I asked them to start with.

If I email again I will be ignored as being a "nag" but I still need the answers to the original questions.

One of the worst aspects of my dyspraxia(at work) is my sensitivity to sounds(loudness and repetitiveness), when I mention this as an issue with my job I'm told that its my fault I'm like that and get over it! which is a lot like telling someone saying they cant get up steps because they are in a wheelchair to find a way to walk!

Have I mentioned that I don't like people!!!! I wonder why?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,827 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Did he get a badge after the vaccine? If so, he probably hasn't taken it off since

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Archeron

Misplaced Inspirational statements.

In work I have one of those corporate versions of these wonder statements framed on the wall behind me and I am occasionally asked to read it to people who notice it on webinars. it's one of those confusing triple negative ones like Don't not believe what you can't not do, for belief isnt not absent, or is it?

It is accompanied by what seems to be a man dressed as Bungle from Rainbow running along a beach.

Who is that supposed to help?

The fact that the Irish Lotto's been at €19million for yonks pretty much proves that it's now impossible to win.

It is what it's.

He probably thinks he should have gotten a cape but he should fear not because good ol Leo said not all superheroes wear capes and that means a lot... 🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The fact that sales, especially online ones, cant even wait till their proper start date, and have to start earlier.

Noticed this creeping in over recent years. With Black Friday and Cyber Monday for example. They have fixed dates, but now we are seeing 'early black Friday deals'. Surely that ruins the whole notion of it being a certain date. The sellers are that obsessed with getting money in, they can't hang on a few days.

One ad a couple of years ago bigged-up Black Friday week. FFS, it's either a day of the week or a week. What next - Valentine's Day week, Easter Sunday month, Christmas Day quarter??

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Well it may as well be quarter at this stage. The constant barrage of xmas is so annoying i hate it. And the shi++y music in shops that has already started is worse than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

Seconded! I heard Christmas songs in my local shopping centre on 01 November FFS ! Gimme a break!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Went to see The French Dispatch last night. Whale beside me just had to have her phone out for huge chunks of it. Like, you couldn't go a mere 2 or so hours without checking the stupid thing, no? I just got out and moved in front of her. Got a lot better after that but still.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement