Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

On the old boards you could close your account yourself no problem but with the new boards you've to email hello@boards and request closure so they start the process but you don't know when it will close so you kind of wait to disappear into the ether rather than just clocking out when you want.

There should be a simple close account option for the user like with practically every other site I can think of.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

People who use ya instead of yes. Screams immature teenage girl not an accountant.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Get Real

Was in a queue yesterday and I'm sorry, I know it's really trivial, but anyone who asks "make sure it's extra hot" for a coffee in a chain establishment.

More so when they get it then, "this is definitely the extra hot one yeah?"

It's a chain coffee place. The water is set to 70,75 degrees or whatever that particular business uses, across all their businesses. That's it. It doesn't go any higher.

Be it Butlers, McDonald's, Starbucks, Insomnia.

You're putting in some bullsh1t request for the sake of it and one of two things happens-

1) it's a pure placebo, and you actually believe your coffee is that temperature because you asked for it that way. Or

2) the coffee isn't hot enough for you this time, and you blame the employee. Even though you probably got a coffee last week that was the exact same temperature and you didn't know.

Smaller, independent places might do it for regulars they trust, I don't know.

But no way in hell a multi store chain is going to hand out 100 degree coffee because you asked for it.

It's a set and calibrated temp, so please, tone down your notions.

If a place repeatedly falls below your heat expectations, then don't buy there. But I can't understand how I'd be next in the queue, and possibly hundreds others that day, who don't ask, and yet the temperature seems fine for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

more than 18 months into a pandemic and some people still cannot wear a mask properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

and another TA for today. Self service checkouts that give repeated audible warnings to remove your items after you have paid. It knows when you have placed an item on the checkout so it must surely know when you are removing items.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m TA’d at myself... girlfriend is quite far away as in another country with family, her grandfather is dying, a couple of days to live max... he was like a second father to her when her own father was killed in a car accident only in his mid 40’s... I’m pretty useless in these situations, knowing what to do / say... Am i contacting too much trying to be supportive or am I being insensitively invasive at a stressfully sad time...or not enough hmmm.

she’s had a rough pandemic, an asthmatic surrounded by people in work and at home who were not as thoughtful or as disciplined as they should have been... now she’s loosing a man she considers her second Dad.... but TA’d at myself for not knowing what the fûck to do...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

When clowns say "1984 is happening now" about the west. Nope, we are able to talk about what we want without the government "vaporising" us. We are not living in squalour while being told it's because there's a non existent war going on. For sure Orwell was right about distortion of language, but that wasn't a prediction. That was there already. Social media amplifies it.

Same with the idiocy of saying Ireland was like The Handmaid's Tale before the 8th was repealed. Dishonest hysteria.

The vision of the future most like our reality is, in my opinion, Brave New World.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Father in law going on a drinking spree again without a care in the world.

Left his car in the local village last night after having a few pints that spilled into the early hours, and rather than doing what any normal person would do and get someone to drop him in for it today, instead drove in his wife's car for another day of boozing. She was subsequently stranded at home with no car and had to work a night shift tonight. So my GF had to travel 20 mins from our apartment to collect her mother and bring her in to collect the car, which is a pain in the hole.

But to make matters worse, rather than go home then, he decided to stay out for the whole evening, and of course wouldn't accept a lift when he was offered it and ended up ringing my GF again to collect him and bring him home just there now. So another round trip for her. The thing is, he has NEVER collected her from a night out ever, because he simply must have a social life and to be damned with everyone else.

He is an inconsiderate ass when he is drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Local boy racers out zooming around now.

• Advertisement

TA that there's a remake of 'Twelve Angry Men' , and I never knew about it 😴.. Turned on TG4 about 5mins ago expecting to see Lee J Cobb, Henry Fonda, Quincy ME, and a few others.. But no, It was a more modern version starring Jack Lemmon (playing the Fonda role, I think) , George C Scott, Edward James Olmos, the legendary James Gandolfini, and a few other recognizable actors (Tony Danza, a bloke from trading places, guy from CSI that was in 'Manhunter' , some guy from 'Roots' , that I think was in one of the 'Diehard' films)... No point watching it after 40 or so minutes have elapsed, even if the end is the same 😁 ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Just looked at the time and it's 5,09 !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

One of my girls is staying for a few days and had a snack yesterday on her bed while studying yesterday,

now she is complaining of the residual onion smell from her sandwich, she sprayed the room with smell neutralising stuff and they lit a order neutralising candle!!!!

Ta not sure where to start in general, let alone this from someone who is studying chemistry!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That little girl who ran on to the Aviva pitch to get to get Ronaldos shirt.

Yes it was a lovely moment, and one she'll never forget.

But it got her on Morning Ireland, talked about on most radio shows yesterday and on to the Late Late Show. She has also got a trip to see Arsenal now out of her actions.

So we will now see loads more young ones, encouraged by their parents, running on to pitches after matches from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Every college in Ireland getting turned into a university for people who shouldn't even go on to 3rd level.

Fair play to her.. Was heartening to see it... Pity about the circus after it tho.....

TA can picture those DJ's and presenters now coming out with guff saying how great it is; and next week, from out the other side of their mouths, complaining about summit similar; only this time it will be in terms of H & S or 'Social Distancing' 😒

TA getting an estimated electricity bill..

Related (and worser) TA Having to engage the postperson in conversation as to why I'm paying extra on the bill (on account of it being grossly underestimated) , and the ensuing "You can go online, or you can phone in the reading etc etc...." Me: "I know yeah yeah, thanks; I know, yeah.. I might do that next time so, thanks.. See ya... good luck."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

And yet a guy did it in the Wales NZ rugby match and there is no such affection for him.

Seriously though about 6 kids ran onto the pitch during the Irl Portugal match. All very young so must have been there with parents. That match attracted a much higher level of scum than I have ever seen at a football game.

One of them falls getting past advertising hoardings the parents will be suing the FAI or the IRFU and the rest of us paying more for tickets to cover that and increased insurance costs... it’s idiocy....but parents these days or certainly a lot of them, jesus, fûcking brain dead selfish gimps....

my Dad having just been released from hospital all of a sudden has his phone ringing from morning to evening by the fûckwits from a charity he’s involved with looking for a dig out with x, y and z.... none of them were ringing enquiring after his wellbeing when he was in there for a week but when they hear he’s out.. “ would you be able to come over and give a hand with “ .... no he can’t, go fûcking buy yourselves a headstone each and go for a long sleep under them, selfish cünts.

• Advertisement

I didn't know Ireland were playing NZ today, till Facebook exploded when i logged on. I'm not a rugger bugger but delighted to beat any Southern hemisphere team . So TA is I was sleeping when I should have been watching the rugby.

Up watching infomercials, I want a clever chef pro now. Fuckin ads

• Registered Users Posts: 16,189 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Websites redacting articles about former business billionaire REDACTED and his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Comedians who think that shouting a punchline makes it funnier.

Local Gaa club have gone from doing their ‘last man standing’ as it’s been for about 15 years, to the ‘last person standing’ so not too upset anyone it’s spoken about as the LPS!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,827 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Everyone should atleast have a chance at third level education

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Got a message from a recruitment agent in Dublin via LinkedIn about a Postdoctoral position in Ireland. Postdoctoral positions are for people with PhD's. I do not have a PhD. Nowhere on my profile does it state that I have a PhD. I check the job spec and the first of the essential criteria is "PhD Essential".

Mother of God....

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I don't understand modern fashion it's November why are young men walking around wearing shorts and shoes with no socks do they not find or cold or maybe they think they live in New York. Is it a dub thing eg real men do not wear coats ? i listen to this gaming podcast it's very entertaining apart from 1 man who says the word motherfffer every one minutes or randomly says the f word for no reason I can see

I'm not a prude i just find it boring

It's like people who say like too much

Eg I was like I was late cos I missed my bus he was like no noticed anyway

The word dross. I fookin hate it.

• Advertisement

Woken up at 6.15 am by my neighbor arriving in from work... a noisy motorcycle coupled with a noisy cûnt driving it....residential area but he thinks it’s a great idea to rev the fûck out of it on arrival then, open the side gate by what sounds like bashing it in with the front tyre of the bike with the gate smashing against the wall.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement