Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Archeron

There's a TV show on Rte 1 about Irish vets, ah great I thought, fluffy bunnies and lizards and stuff

Literally within the first two minutes of my watching they had put down a baby fox and a Swan. Then ten minutes later they put down a fluffy kitten.

Bless you Rte and your cheerful Monday night prime time entertainment, nothing cheers up a weary nation like tragic baby animal death.

I think they are about to put down a horse next.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Turning circles in housing estates that are outside houses. Get every bell end at all hours turning with headlights on full and many often can't turn a bloody car or van properly in the first place. It means not being able to park outside your own house because muppetts haven't a clue how long their car is. Was just a matter of time before one of the regulars was going to hit the door of my car or the bumper. Not as if they couldn't turn outside their own and reverse a few feet.

It was ever so. No jacket in the rain...the competition as to who wears the least clothes on a jail bait night out, and the ridiculous heels they cant walk in.

The wannabe gangsters wear Canada Goose jackets, who must be boiling in those with our mild climate are especially funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

Over a five hour period tonight, I counted nine cars with only their front lights (i.e. daytime running lights) on. No rear lights at all. I flashed my lights at a few of them, beeped as I passed... no reaction. Totally oblivious. It's scary having to share the roads with so many thick people. Anyone caught driving with just their front DLRs at nighttime should have their licence taken away from them for a couple of years, and be forced to have lessons and resit their test before getting it back.

• Advertisement

Well positioned motion sensor lights that come on when you walk into the jacks have solved this for me. Don't even have to think about complicated stuff like light switches. And it will reduce your leccy bill. Pro Tip: position on the floor and directed away from the jacks so as to avoid creating too much glare.

TA So I have these mnotion sensor lights that keep coming on when I go into the jacks at night... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,950 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

F*cking hell that show was grim last night. Wall to wall with animals being put down.

Last week they showed a dog being put down. They then had to keep showing the poor animal after it had died.

I understand they want to show the reality of a Vet’s life but surely they’d have the cop on to not show the dead dog at 7:30pm.

or every time the cats go into the loo to use their trays. Knowing them they would do it just on purpose to set the light off.

Saw 10C on the ground this morn..

TA Anytime I'm short a few pennies I've often walked a couple a hundred yards looking down on the ground like a Gypsy; ceptin on them occasions, not as much as a single coin do I ever see 😓

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I put the wrong jam on my brown bread. I am trivially livid.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who misuse the word "decimate". It doesn't mean what you think it does, lads...

I love popcorn but I hate the way you get little bits of the shells of the kernels stuck in your teeth.

That's what the plunger is for. Wave it around while sitting down.. it's quick, easy AND hygenic! :D

Joking aside (this is a serious matter)... if the light goes out all you have to do is weakly lift an arm or a leg (depending on where the motion sensors are positioned) and they will come back on. Or close your eyes and enjoy the darkness as you finish up, then stand up and turn the lights on with some motion at that point. I have a few set up in the bathroom and these days I only use the main lightswitch when having a shower. Warning: this adventurous, off grid way of life is not for everyone so adopt these techniques at your own risk.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 13,950 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Might not be too bad in your own loo, but in hotels, pubs etc they are annoying as hell. Especially if you have to waddle out of a cubicle to wave and turn them on. And of course that's when somebody walks in. 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The bags inside a cereal box. First of all, why aren't they resealable bags? But the strength of the one time sealer is usually too strong for the p!ss weak plastic, so the bag rips in the wrong places, then the cereal goes everywhere.

Ah I need to buy pieces of plastic to seal my plastic bag which is needlessly made of plastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Telephone customer service in this country is the absolute pits. You have to endure a shitload of automated messages before you get a chance to speak to someone, and then once you finally reach the section you need you might then have to endure long hold times. While going through the automated messages you often hear "The best way to solve your query is to visit our website", mainly because they don't actually want you ringing them. Oftentimes when you go online to their site as they want you to do you can't find the information you need so you're at the mercy of their poxy telephone customer service.

I have them too, but many are used up on other things.. 😭 Still doesn't help with the ripping bag though, when it doesn't open where it is supposed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

i was on hold to ironically a telecommunications provider to get told repeatedly that I should go online ... so I did, their ‘chat’ online function referred me back to calling the telephone line.. 1850 vvv vvv.... nice... glad I’m not a regular customer or ever will be.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ooooh, this is a good one. There's a whole raft of phone line TAs that crop up regularly:

• Not being able to find a landline contact number
    • Ringing up and having to go through a 10 minute automated spiel about what they offer and how you can do everything online nowadays and "you're important to us" bolloxology
    • Numbers that only allow you past a certain point if you have an order/invoice/account number
    • Lines that get you to enter that number, then the first thing you're asked when you get through to a person is to repeat the number
    • Companies that only deal with you if you have some arbitrary customer ID or account number......"no, sorry, your name, address, PPSN and DOB aren't searchable on our system, I'm afraid you'll have to dig out the random 14 digit reference number we posted to you 5 years ago and which you haven't used since"
    • Companies with restricted customer service hours - banks, in particular, are bastards for this....No new accounts between certain hours etc., PTSB currently only have cashiers working the counter from 10am-3pm and that's in the branches where they still have a counter. Scumbags, the lot of them.
    • Companies who have no customer support online at certain hours but have a battalion of "new account" staff at the ready
    • Companies who force you to go down their generic script of "what to do" before raising a complaint. Used to deal with a photocopier company with tech support in Bangalore. If there was any issue, every phone call took 25 minutes minimum while they ran you through a whole host of checks and reboots to save on call-out fees. I lied once and told them that the machine wouldn't switch on, they'd have to send a technician out. He immediately said he could see that it was powered up by logging into the machine. "well then, my goof friend Gupta, it sounds like you can reboot the machine as well then, pal, while you're logged into the machine instead of me having to go to the 5th floor on another building to do a hard reset, no?"
    • Calls that disconnect after 30 mins on hold
    • Calls that are immediately transferred after getting through to someone, only to be put back on hold

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

That when I get an extremely rare quiet day in work, I spend it worrying about how I'll account for it in our stupid time system, because we have to account for literally every minute of the full eight hours, every single day.

TA That image is now ingrained in my head for eternity.

The Christmas Samsung phone advert. I think it's for the Z flip 3. It shows a kid getting one as a Christmas present. The phone is about €1100 ish. Bullsh*t ad for kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

People who use terms like 'Big Tech', 'MSM' and 'woke'. The next step in the evolution of gobshites who used to go on about 'sheeple'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

Estate agents not changing the status of properties that are 'Sale Agreed'.

I know this is done in case the sale falls through, but it wastes peoples time and misrepresents the number of properties actually on the market.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement