Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,950 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That crossed my once or a hundred times alright 😁 , especially for someone allegedly based in Dublin they have russian/ Chinese etc number.

Spam has really taken off in Covid times. We're literally a captive audience. Not just dating , but another FB game I play ( words with friends, ie scrabble) is inundated with it too.

( real TA is despite this I haven't got the ride out of it !!!!! ) . Maybe for PI :)

Had to move a few months ago, and packed all my stuff , labelled , into moving boxes. More than a TA. Half the little things ,( remote controls , books I haven't read) are missing . I'm discovering missing things everyday. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Ha, I called it 😆

Fine Gael TD calls for Lotto to be more 'winnable'

...said there should be an investigation after no winner of the top Lotto jackpot in almost six months.

Surely that's done an untold amount of damage to the National Lottery and - moreso - the charities that benefit. Overheard someone this morning say "it's too dear to be playing" when this came on the radio earlier, and I completely agree, particularly given that the prize breakdown is so sh!t.

It is what it's.

I think they over reached by adding extra numbers. Making it harder to win. Killed the buzz about it compared to the mega euromillions

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I think when they privatised it, it did a lot of damage anyway. Then all the machines started going down before a big jackpot draw etc. didn't help.

Would love to see the figures.

Post edited by Suckit on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Two TAs today:

1) I inadvertently ate a month-old egg that I had boiled for the dog with my lunch.

2) I discovered this by cracking what I thought was her egg on the counter to peel it, and realised it was my fresh one when it splatted everywhere.

So not only was the egg I ate mega-stale, it was twice-boiled too. I must have Covid or something, though, cause it tasted fine...

Post edited by Dial Hard on

Good help anyone if you crack a fart though. ( blame it on the dog :) )

I didn't even know it was privatised. One the app it says you donated €X to charity

The charitable aspect hasn't changed, the State just outsourced the operation of the games to a commercial entity rather than doing it themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Football players... ball goes out for a throw , your number comes up to be substituted and instead of making your way to the sideline efficiently with a few ‘well dones’ ringing in your ear, you decide to go shaking hands and hugging and kissing your teammates and whispering sweet nothings in their ears, you do this to every teammate on the way off... thus making the entire opposition stand around and the entire 4000 spectators get mind numbingly bored at this BS example of needy bastard time wasting... I know referees must add time for subs but I’m not sure time for romantic gestures is appropriate...

leave the pitch at the nearest touch line and get on with it ffs.

• Advertisement

Maybe it doesn't make sense, but I feel a lot less inclined to buy it now.

People who are give outy all the time. 😴😴😜

• Registered Users Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Never going to watch a movie on scheduled tv again.

Tried watching Saving Private Ryan last night, head wrecked from ad breaks about every 10 minutes.

An Irish institution that handles sh1t tons of money for charities that isn't a scam of some sort. Hard to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

In a hotel in the West this weekend and got annoyed at two things in the bar last night:

1. Some fella who is down for a wedding in the same hotel today kicked up a fuss that he couldn't get another pint after the bar was closed. Has he been living under a rock for the last week? I think it's ridiculous too, but a bar is hardly going to break the new rules a day into them. Another fella fromhis group started complaining that the bar man never shouted 'last orders' then, as if he had stumbled across some legal loophole. Loud Dubs of course.

2. There was a couple down in the same bar with a baby in a buggy all night. I went down to the vending machine after midnight and they were only going to bed with the baby then, who was cantakerous. Good to see they have their priorities sorted anyway.

TA at thread titles changing, which mainly happens in CA... Fair enough if it happens early doors, and done by a mod for whatever reason, but to do it late in the day; when the #'result is in' , so to speak (and literally in this case) , don't sit well at all. Why should the thread title change late on, just because it's an ongoing event being discussed..? The thread title should never change imo.. Also TA if a mistake is made when starting a thread, the OP is unable to change it... ☹️

Maybe the powers that be were worried about the 'Fake acting' part of the title; and, being cynical, I believe they held off on changing it until late in the day, lest there be litigious actions.. if that were the case, then the title could have been changed several days ago..

#Talking about the 'Rittenhouse' thread specifically here, but it happens quite often..

Needlessly hostile posters.

(Not you, Leff.)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It was a trolly title tbf. I thought it was fairly obvious from the start that he would be acquitted tbh

The amount of covid protests in normally sane countries; Holland, Austria etc. Thankfully a microscopic lunatic fringe movement here.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

Six cars tonight. And the night is young. It's one thing, driving out of a bright car park or a petrol station and realising halfway down a well-lit road that you forgot to switch your lights on, but two of these cars were doing ~100km/h on the M7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

The fools that drive around with their fog lights on with 1 working headlight how are they not stopped for this? And don't get me started on the fkwits that are driving around with 1 headlight working I must have counted at least 8 of these clowns this evening in a 10km drive

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

A few drinks and driving home is definitely higher since before lockdown.

I live near a 'back road' that is often used by drivers trying to avoid getting stopped. They are easy to spot a mile off.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭peek a boo

My new doorstopper keeps falling over

should get some of them wedges for jamming under door

TA my doors don't need doorstops nowadays 😪 Them el cheapo doors do swell (or whatever the term is that makes them not close fully) fairly quick in this climate......

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TA that 'alcohol use' and 'smoking' are now part of the trigger warnings at the start of TV programmes

• Registered Users Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Wednesday 9th June was the last lotto jackpot win...

think something needs to be done there... just rough maths in my head but about 23 weeks and about 46 draws since a jackpot was won... that’s mental... what’s the solution ? Remove one or two of the new numbers ?

Complete buzzkill.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

I've driven around (i.e. driven home) with one working headlight before, because it's not always possible to replace a bulb on the side of the road. With certain modern cars, it's not possible to do it outside of a workshop. So I'm inclined to give people the benefit of the doubt on that one. At this time of year, the guards should be setting up daytime checkpoints to check people's headlamps. And then force them to produce proof of repair at a Garda station within a day or two.

TA the snooker and the darts clashing tomorrow 😟 (today now) .. Semis of the darts will be on at the same time approx as first session of Champion of Champions' final, and the evening sesh of the snooker will prob be on at same time as the darts final.

• Advertisement

Also I am now annoyed that the 'nudity' trigger warning was male rather than female :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement