Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Put up the Christmas Tree !

TA , I'm cold and I've to head back out again soon .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I don't know about that but people who post every aspect of their lives inc their family and children can really only be doing it for one reason. It's also a great way of letting people know your routines and when you're out of your house, not smart especially if you end up getting broken into. I don't follow these people but their sh*t keeps appearing on my timeline because for some reason people just "like" everything they bloody post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The feckin toy show ad on RTE...every time I glance at the TV it seems to be on...grrr

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I always wear a body warmer in work this time of year as your arms aren't restricted like they are when you wear a coat

• Registered Users Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I checked my phone and the appointment with my GP was today at 15.30 not next Monday as I’d thought... rushed down there, got there at 15.28 by virtue that the roads were strangely deserted....checked in with reception who reconfirmed the time, yet it isn’t until 16.16 that im called in.. I’m sat waiting to get seen opposite reception but no apology or explanation from the secretary or even an indication he was behind.... let alone behind 46 minutes..... no mention from the doctor himself either....

so 48 minutes of my day waiting around.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I have a dentist like that. I spent years breaking my b++++x never to be late to her appointments but she is never on time. Even early morning appointments don't start on time. Now I just turn up 10/15 mins late everytime and I am still early enough for her

Well people share things on social media about themselves...it's kind of what social media is. I agree some people overshare but it'd probably just make me roll my eyes. I think calling them a '**** attention seeking whore' is a tad over the top.

That's going up on Saturday and will be an "event"/wrestle with the two sets of lights. 🙊😆

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

'I'm sat'

Nooooooo 'I'm sitting'!

I tried to read a post on another forum earlier but had to give up... 'I wanna and I'm gonna' 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Hideous things. Including the coat versions. Loads of Michelin men and women walking around the place.

Also leaf blowers, guy next door has one and spent a couple of hours on Sunday evening playing with it in his small garden. Noisy and pointless, I do mine with a rake in 20 minutes and I get exercise in to boot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Why are the "Trending posts" still from July? 😠

And why are the 4 tabs on the browser not visible (I can't figure out how to insert a screen shot either so doubly TAed)??

And why when you go to the first unread post does it open in the middle of the post so that I always have to scroll up to start reading!??

Perhaps more than trivially annoyed now that I think about it...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

To insert a screenshot, just paste it into the comment box. For the rest, I blame Vanilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

In a hotel bar the other night and there was a middle aged couple sitting together on some sofas. He was on his ipad, she was having a full blown chat with someone on her phone. Why bother going away to a hotel for a night if you're just going to ignore each other?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,575 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'd that at Costa once. Couple came in, phones got out and the pair of them started playing their crap on loudspeaker. I was trying to read on my Kindle at the time. I was not impressed.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Having one blocked nostril.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I was in SuperValu earlier. There was a little girl having great fun pressing her hands down on the unwrapped bread.

It should TA me but I never buy unwrapped bread, also I could see how it was so tempting to the child. They were exactly at her height, and probably felt nice! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That's it Hilda. Understanding the mind of the child. She's not thinking of contaminating bread or anything like that. I love childrens uncomplicated non adult thinking. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Put my boxer shorts on backwards this morning. Spend half the day with the buttons riding up my arse until I got the chance to change them. I'm nearly 50 years old; you'd think I would have a good handle on the whole "wearing your underwear the right way round" thing by now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I used an old report as a template for a new one I am writing but forgot to change the name when I saved it. Now I need to rewrite the intro on the old report. Luckily I copped it on page 1 but annoying.

Also track changes on word. How TF do you turn it off??? Driving me mental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,493 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who say the Toy Show is on to late for their little darlings.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Gym I use is great but they have the equipment sanitizer and paper towels at stations in the corners of the room, meaning you have to alight from said equipment walk 15 paces or whatever there and back or whatever to get the sanitizer and paper towels...

it’s happened a couple of times when it’s busy that by the time I get back to the treadmill somebody has jumped on the equipment and began using before I could sanitize it.... I don’t feel comfortable just leaving my drink and towel there on the equipment as a marker, be much more efficient if they’d just as if seen at other facilities just affix a small spray and paper towels to each bit of equipment.... companies are making holders, with sprays and paper towels in them...

it happened today again and I’m not going rambling over to a maskless person who is exercising and start a debate about them alighting from a treadmill so I can sanitize away their sweat and mine...

Get these, please !....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Review, Accept All Changes & Stop Tracking.

My TA is yet another meeting-related one. Have a weekly call on Thursdays with my secondment manager and it just got changed to 1.30. Leave lunchtime alone!

Who do I have to kill to get a ripe pear in this country?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I am fairly certain a mouse has somehow gotten into my car.

There was paper from leftover rubbish stored in the side pocket of the door cut into shreds this morning similar to how a mouse would make nesting material, and the lid of a bottle left in it overnight appears to have been chewed (not by me).

I haven't a clue how the fecker could have got in, and if indeed it did get in, but I suppose the weather has been colder lately. I am freaking out now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I buy "ripe and ready" pears and then leave them for a week in my fruit bowl until they're actually "ripe and ready".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

That used to drive me insane, in one place I worked. I started blocking my calendar for the time I took lunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

This is what I do too, no meetings scheduled for lunch time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement