Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

When they organise training and order **** sandwiches for your lunch break. Used to drive me mental

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I work in client service, it's completely inculcated in us not to say no to client requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I do wonder about certain people, new level of stupid as been reached.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

And an update since, my car broke down on the way home from the in laws earlier. All of a sudden too with no warning lights, message on dashboard or anything after driving smoothly all week, and earlier in the day. Sat in the car onto my insurer, and waiting the guts of an hour to get rescued.

I am convinced my visitor gnawed at some wiring, and the recovery driver (who I know well and dropped me back to my door) told me it's quite common at this time of year. Bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Somehow managed to break my debit card, was wondering why the tap function wasn't working in a shop earlier then noticed its completely split down the middle

• Advertisement

TA the (unexpected) sound of a partially squashed plastic bottle, when it decides to make that clicking noise as it's unscrunching itself. Gives me a hop betimes..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,950 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

There's loads of them . Just àvoid tesco / dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

i bought them in Aldi on sunday. i could still use them to hammer nails.

Ah supermarkets freeze everything. If there's a smallish supermarket near you they're not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

We put a man on the moon 52 yrs ago, but we still haven't worked out how to get a packet of Rich Teas on to the supermarket shelves without breaking a load of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My neighbor is getting some work done , the workmen they’re working away most of the week, a bit of noise as you’d expect but no biggie... until this morning ! When instead of 8.30 or whatever they’ve been arriving at they decided to come at 7.25, to most likely to enable them kick off their weekend early....

im awakened to doors slamming, loud whistling, shouting and laughing and some large something or other getting dropped so a ginormous clang and the multiple ‘ wayyyyyy ‘ and laughs from the ‘lads’....

for a minute I think I’ve slept it out and it’s closer to 9am but no, the clock reads 7.28....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

some tight arse in Lidl arguing with the cashier over their app not working and not being able to get some half price offer on a few eggs

Pizza restaurants that don't give you a steak knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

We're having hailstones here and the neighbours cat is crying at their window to be let inside. We know they're in there but they're just ignoring the poor thing. It's breaking my heart. I can't let him into my house coz he'd drive my cats nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Have felt like my jumper collar is choking me all day. Just realised I have it on back to front.

The time I wore a thong back to front for a full six hours before copping it still wins, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Scribbler100

Regarding unripe pears, Eddie Izzard had a very entertaining piece about leaving unripe pears in a bowl to ripen and checking on them regularly. Around day 5 he goes out of the room and the pears say "He's not looking! Let's rot!"

My TA, a mouse got into our kitchen, presumably through the back door in the dark. Managed to trap it and I was feeling relieved until I read about Castletownman's terrible experience with a mouse in his car. The horror of it! I will be tempted to enter and exit my car via the sunroof for the rest of this cold snap to prevent rodents leaping in while one of the car doors is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I laughed so hard at that I had a coughing fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

So at the gym today, great facility very great staff but unusually and unluckily out of the first four machines I attempted to use, three of them are not working, are not placarded and not unplugged... I feel like leaving after trying the third, because I’m there 15 minutes about and spent more time cleaning machines with sanitizer and moving between sections then actually using machines to exercise ...

the manager is a fûcking fat, odious loud mouth gossip hound, that looks like she’s been dragged backwards out of a Roald Dahl book, the only member of staff I get close to disliking... she should find more time to enable the ability of people to exercise instead of them having to walk around cleaning their faulty equipment ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭blade1

No star bars in the local garage today.

Was told they are always the first to go.

Well order more the next time so 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Archeron

Ryan tubridy is hijacking Christmas and holy god there couldn't be a worse candidate. It seems the toy show is becoming as big as Easter now and I can imagine riots in the shops for the last overpriced treat boxes. A streak of walking human misery, father covid for the past two years, dons a sparkly jumper and its all tra la fukcing la.

As my dear departed nana used to say, you can take the decrepid monkey skeleton out of the grim Reaper costume, but you cant take the grim Reaper out of the decrepid monkey skeleton.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭spookwoman

The hype over the toy show, you would think it's the best tv out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It's the best on RTE at the moment, which is a low bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Paddy McGuiness is presenting a Question of Sport. Wtf. I always thought the presenters were sports people.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Don't worry. Rats usually climb up through the engine, chew their way through the air vent filters and come through those.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sounds like someone has been reading some James Herbet :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

No, I was talking from personal experience. I found a nest full of baby rats in the fan filter, the rest was chewed to bits. I actually felt sorry for them, poor little helpless things. Only about €50 worth of damage, so all in all I was lucky.

My uncle brought his then brand new car back to the dealer because he could hear a rattling noise every time he turned; the dealer kept the car a full day and told him there was nothing wrong with it at all. As soon as my uncle turned to get out of the dealership, the rattling could be heard again; he was so pissed off he brought it to his old mechanic despite the warrantee. The mechanic opened the bonnet, plunged his hand into the engine well and scooped out a handful of hazelnuts. The bonnet was full of them. And it was no squirrels that did that. He managed to fill a shopping bag with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

During the week I did manage to put my boxers on backwards in the dark, but realised it in the bathroom before going downstairs.

I think my best/worst one was almost getting to the front door with no trousers on! I was on my way to work and had a nagging feeling I was forgetting something, but I had my keys, phone, and wallet in my hands...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement