Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Drives me nuts having to go get the wife a breakfast roll.

Rashers, sausage and loads of mayonnaise

Not if you backed up and tipped the mayonnaise lorry into the roll would it even be enough, and because its me asking for the mayonnaise, In the first place on a breakfast roll, a place it does no belong, but then to repeatedly ask for more of it; on a Sunday morning when the line behind me smells like beer and death its not a good buzz

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'll see how it goes. I feel like women and I had an unspoken agreement to leave each other alone which has just been altered.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

My kids started pronouncing their ts as ds a few weeks ago. For example boddle instead of bottle or cidy instead of city. Back to correcting them everytime they slip but since then I have noticed how many Irish people actually do this and have been horrified to discover I do it myself sometimes 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 13,171 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I don't pronounce my Ts if they're mid sentence.

So I'd say "boelle" for bottle.

Then if the word ends in a T or K, I say them very hard.

That's my son's TA. Drives him mad how I say "darK" or "ThaT" especially the hard Ks grind his gears.

I don't even hear myself saying it.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Repetitive (and unfunny) TAs.

Also, the fact that I didn't put the split peas into my stew early enough and now I have a 99.9% perfect stew, except for the fact that the split peas are still a smidge too hard. And if I cook it any longer, the spuds and carrots will turn to mush.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Also some very tiresome ads.

There's one on the radio where a woman holds forth at length about Trin-a-dee college.

And as for the law-do ads... 🙄 ...winning the law-do won't change my life ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Glitter everywhere. Worst thing about christmas. Glittery christmas cards can just fcuk right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Thanks to the wind my garden is an absolute mess with flower pots,bits of trees, rubbish etc

• Registered Users Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I was off ill and decided to buy an item online to cheer myself up.

Looked everywhere, and the *only* place is was available at a reasonable price was in amazon, turkey.

Fine - i sign in and order.

Won't deliver to ireland. ****!

Google a company that will accept and ship it on. Found one.

On their site, they ask for you to enter dimensions to get a quote. I go onto amazon and enter the only details on the site. Quote is 40e. Grand - I'll pay that. Still works out to be a good price.

I ordered the item. It arrives in the parcel company. Happy days!

I then receive the price of shipping- 82e, over twice the money quoted!

I get into a back and forth with the company, saying it asked for dimensions but didn't specify that the package details were required. In retrospect it makes sense but as a first time customer using them to ship along an amazon item, they should be aware that the quote may turn out to be very unrealistic. No joy - they won't do anything about it.

Ffs. Right so, take it on the chin. Move on.

I get notification the item is now in the country and will be delivered.

Then I get an email - 60e plus due on import duty.

Fml

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I noticed this morning that the carton of eggs which I used for breakfast is labelled "Irish hens eggs". Did they really have to specify 'hen'? The more I think about it the more I wish they used the word 'chicken' instead.

Finally got the chimney fixed so that's not leaking anymore, now I've discovered the roof gutter is broken and pissing down water. FFS.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Checking the DFA's website. Now, it says that arrivals to Ireland need to quarantine. Close to the bottom, it says that people coming from the UK do not. I don't need this sh*t now.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Was in a shop this morning, a woman behind me had four items in her hands. She asks a lad working there about the prices because they were offer, doesn't want to buy them so she hands them to the fella and tells me put them on the shelf for her. Lazy **** treating retail staff like they are servants

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

My trivial annoyance is an ongoing one but Storm Barra brought it to the fore again with the amateur footage being shown. People recording videos on their phones in portrait/vertical format. Why not do it this way so that when shown on the telly or YouTube, the footage is made smaller because it's just a vertical strip in the middle of the screen?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The person in front of me in the bus queue this morning had some problem with her Leap card so while she and the bus driver were fannying about trying to sort the problem myself and the people behind me were left standing in the cold and rain 😡

FOR FCUK SAKE. Mute your fcuking mic in a zoom call if you have a persistent cough you witch.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sandz066

Drivers who have their rear wiper going when its not raining. You either don't know how to work the controls on your car , can't be bothered to switch the wipers off or are not paying attention to your surroundings. None or which bode well for me in the car driving behind you.

Am following a rake of threads on here, and am bookmarking at a rate of knots nowadays - way moreso than before, when Boards worked better 😁

TA is there are no 'pages' for 'Followed Threads' on bottom of homescreen 😒 Having to go into profile and bookmarks is awkward, cos it just is

• Registered Users Posts: 25,309 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Girlfriend is asthmatic but between being run off her feet with work and doing everything for everybody in the lead up to Christmas she forgot to buy herself her medicine tablets for her nebulizer....has tried three pharmacies locally...to no avail, out of stock ... she’s only having the very very mildest of asthmatic symptoms but concerned that if things deteriorated she’ll be off to A&E..

fortunately as I type she has had a call from her brother n law who is a doctor and had advised an alternative to use.

one of the gobshitè pharmacist employees told her when covid happened that asthmatics were bulk buying the stuff... great... how about ... you don’t allow them to, and just give them what they need....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭Archeron

You could take a card with one square inch of glitter, wear a hermetically sealed hazmat suit and write it using those nuclear power station through the wall rubber gloves, but still you will later find glitter under your eyelid, between your toes and in your hair. In years to come you will find some between the pages of a book that hasn't been opened since before you were born.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

TA by tendonitis :( It keeps flaring up

The complete obsession with women and their bodies, bodily autonomy, motivations, thought processes, behaviour and general existence on this forum.

• Advertisement

The saying " what's meant for you, won't go by you " . I have never heard such bullshit In my life !

Yes it will go by you if you're not proactive and try and grab the opportunity when it's there.

😡😡😡😡

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement