Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

people who can’t let you walk in the door and who before you can take off your jacket want to show you something, ask an opinion on something, start informing you who was looking for you and always.. “ now you have to call them back it’s important “...

let me come in, take my jacket off, take a leak, get a drink, relax for a MINUTE....now... ‘what?’

never mind this person looking to speak to me, my cousin is usually as accessible as the earths core when I or anybody want them ! Jeeez.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,495 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When q relative announces to people that your good at computers and you can fix them because you should them how to use Google, word, task manager, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Fawking dog owners who can't control their dogs: Minding my own business on the beach and this off-leash dog comes up like a rocket and with his sh1tty sandy paws up on my clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I'm after getting a text from DPL to say my package will be delivered at lunchtime. What package this time ? 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

People who whistle in lifts

People who hum in lifts

People who sing in lifts

People who feel the need to make conversation in lifts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Take the stairs 🤣🤣🤣

Ah well at least they are not farting or coughing or doing both 😅

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

People who get on the lift at ground floor and get off and the first really irritate me

They're what's known in the business as gobsh!tes.

Seriously the amount of gobsh!te dog owners out there.

I have a dog myself who I allow off the lead but when I see other people coming I put him back on til we've passed each other but no a lot of other gobsh!te owners think it's okay to leave their half gorilla dog bounding about the place and causing hassle for me and my little squirt.

And the opening line you always get from the owner isn't sorry but "she's just friendly". I couldn't give a sh!te how friendly she is. Me or my dog don't want to be friends with your head the ball dog and she's not my responsibility. The amount of these self entitled muppets out there that can't seem to grasp consideration for others or actually don't give a sh!te.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Day before yesterday I sent an email to a colleague in charge of (in this case toilet roils)

Hi Mary* not her real name

As its month's end, could you please send me asap the reconciliation document for the toilet rolls distributed this month?

Last night I got an email from my boss, asking me to send a message to Mary's boss clarifying what I was asking for as she didn't understand what I was asking her for?

Many ta's about this, she had my internal email, message me back fgs, why do the bosses have to be involved? and why is it somehow my fault that she doesn't understand a request( in the company template) sent to her every month about various items every single month for six years!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I have a friend who's so freaked out by even a split second of silence in a conversation that he hums while he's chewing his food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’ve an elderly uncle like that... also instead of humming he starts asking you random questions to encourage conversation...i mean completely random, he can’t abide silence or a gap in conversation it has to be psychological...

” did you see x on the news? “...”are you going away this year?”...”are you still driving the Toyota ?” ( he’ll have seen you pull up in it )..

” have you been talking to your cousin Gary ? “

the same script of machine gun questions from when you sit down, almost impossible to relax...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Do you mean DPD? Because if so, and your name is "anto", you may have signed for my package, that never came within an asses roar or my house (we have CCTV and a Ring bell so we can seeeeee youuuuuuu!!). 😡

Yes , DPD. Unfortunately I'm not Anto .

• Registered Users Posts: 30,495 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Hugh Wallaces(fella from Home of the Year) big framed glasses!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The line corporates stick in the bottom of emails

Please consider the environment before printing

Ooh look how conscious we are.

Bollox

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I posted a TA recently about whistling.

I was sitting in a coffee shop at the time, and there was a man at a nearby table whistling tunelessly. I was wishing inwardly that the others at the table would engage him in conversation. MAKE IT STOP!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

In fairness all my stuff has arrived on time. Though they probably just add a day or two to the delivery date. All I need is for someone to tell to stop ordering stuff !

I'm watching the F1 at Yas Marina in Abu Dhabi, and of course there's a Tri Colour hanging on the back of on of the yachts. Doesn't really annoy me , it just makes me jealous !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

The PDC darts starts next week. The island of Ireland has the joint 3rd highest number of competitors yet there's very little media attention here.

• Advertisement

So I'm pretty sure the rat I saw in my garden a few weeks ago is living in my shed. Just went out to get a bag of dog food I only bought last week and it was chewed open and completely empty 😫

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭donegal_man

People who sit at traffic lights revving their engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Fecker here came up the sewage pipe and ate through the wavin pipe. I gave him plenty of rat blocks 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Operatic renditions of Christmas carols

TA "boil water notices" - they aint very noticeable..

Must have been a few weeks in to it before I saw the usual "local families enraged/annoyed" etc, in local newspaper.. I don't recall getting any notice of the notice through letterbox.. how else are folk supposed to know about them? Local radio, is it? What if I don't listen to it ffs.. 😧 maybe there's an obvious place where they put these notices that I'm unaware of.. Irish water - shower o kernts 😦

I'm hoping this guy will do me a favour and sort it out by chewing into the bag of dishwasher capsules that's out there and helping himself to a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Probably full after the dog food. Why don’t you throw in a few poison blocks and leave the door open so he can get out and die somewhere?

Try and fool the fekker, before his family enlarges 😄

Third post down - something about a mixture of baking (pure? - maybe there's other 'impure' kinds of baking soda) soda and peanut butter is supposed to work.. Also, "rubber gloves" are important, apparently, in mixing the concoction, in order to 'mask' the smell of human..

Apparently rats are hard enough to fool into eating poison.. As far as the baking soda goes; supposedly it's harmless to most pets, but the rat can't burp 😁 , or something , so whatever properties the baking soda has, it causes a buildup of gas in the stomach of the rodent, and that kills the rat..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

FAO the manufacturers of Bassetts Liquorice allsorts. Stop stuffing your bags with the brown sandwich variety. They are by far the worst and in no way deserving of their prominence.

• Advertisement

There was a good film on last night on Talking Movies (forget the name, but saw it before - Robert Shaw is in it anyway, and it features a plot to use a 'Goodyear Blimp' to cause mayhem at the Superbowl)

TA, just like 'The Day of The Jackal' , the baddie never has a chance of prevailing 😅 ☹️ The dice is always loaded by the Hollywood execs - feckers.. The Taking of Pelham 123 is another good example.. Also, on the same topic, TA is that it's still a good result for the fuzz, even if many 'innocent bystanders' become casualties before the villain/s (or whatever is left of them) is apprehended 😩

Similar TA (martial arts movies mainly) is often the main baddie is 'spared' by JCVD or 'Seagull' , but they have no qualms over eradicating the 'goons' 😊 Just like irl, and likely Gillayn will be the only Hollywood scummer who gets any punishment.,,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement