Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

People putting on their mask outside a shop is the new "people taking out their purse at the till"

People waiting until they've gotten to the door to take their mask out and put it on.

You know you're going into the shop long before you've reached the door. Stop making an unnecessary queue behind you just because you can't take it out of your pocket. Move aside and let people who do have their mask on go inside ahead of you..... Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

I do this because I hate wearing them and won't wear on for any longer than I have to, mine is people that sit in their cars on their own wearing one, I mean wtf!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Local shop to workplace has only 1 variety of tinned soup with a ring pull. Minestrone.

Every other soup is that Erin stuff that hasn't moved on from can-opener days, like wtf?

Also the minestrone peas or beans explode in the microwave causing a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Or the other ones. Usually young lads that walked a few yards inside the shop and then put on their mask.

"Oh look at me. I'm hard as nails"

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

At least they are are actually putting on a mask. the number of people I seen at the weekend not wearing a mask in shops or wearing them as a chinwarmer is unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I watched my darling husband absolutely mangle a can with his attempt at opening it with a tin opener the other week. He managed to not open the can and at the same time, destroy the can opener. It was honestly quite impressive. Note: He's left handed. Also Note: I offered to do it after about 2 minutes of him struggling with it but he's pretty stubborn.

However! My TA is teeny tiny cans with a ring pull. I buy my cats tiny 80g cans of tuna for a treat. Anytime I try to open them I either end up with my finger in the tuna or cut on the rim as I try to hold it in place so I can pull the ring pull. Next time I'll just use the (brand new) can opener.

Second TA: I went to spend the last bit off my Spend Local card here yesterday. I had just about not enough to cover it on the card and, in my flustered state with a huge queue behind me, just paid with my own card instead. It didn't even occur to me to ask the cashier to just remove one of the things I'd bought till I left the shop. I'm raging with myself.

So long as you're not standing in front of people trying to get into the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Use a small screwdriver or pliers to open small cans. They're hard to open without mashing a bare finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

I'm a receptionist and I'm TA by an a caller this morning giving out to me cos a colleague (who is working from home) isn't answering his phone.

FFS!

An Post pissing me off this morning. They have refused to deliver a package through my letterbox because I HAVE to be home to receive it. I'm not home for their postie to deliver it and I'm not home on time to go pick it up at the depot.

I've had to cancel the order and send it back for a refund because they're being awkward cúnts about it. This is the third time in the past 2 weeks this has happened.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

At least if they are in their own car they're not in anyone's way and not harming anyone, like someone wearing a beanie hat in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

You do understand, as a man, and also a leftie, I know your husband would rather die than let you open the can for him. And by die I mean death by a thousand cuts die

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

People that put antlers and a red nose on their cars

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Self appointed experts who are convinced and work hard to convince others that depression is just laziness/selfishness and not a hormonal condition, despite the mountain of evidence they are shown/told.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

People who decide to rant about their opinion on the vaccine and why they aren't taking it and that they don't know anybody that died and they have a natural immune system that will fight it etc...

I don't care.

I honestly could not care less.

Take the vaccine, don't take the vaccine. Don't feel you have to try and tell me why either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I put out rat poison baits with no luck ( I think as they were still untouched) though I didn't wear gloves. They go elsewhere for the poison to settle in their stomach and die so you rarely see a body at the bait point , afaik.

Bastid rats...

Thankfully I don't see many of the fekkers. Must be a decent way of getting rid.. maybe they'll eat cake (laced with strychnine - if that can still be got).. 😖

TA was in tescos, and thought I'd get a few lightbulbs.. was a poor selection, with most of them around €6.. 6 bloody euro - for a lightbulb ffs 😧

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

'First to see will buy' in ads. Bullsh!t line. If that were the case you wouldn't have 2000 views or whatever & generally anyone who does make an offer & the effort to travel is intending to buy anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

No NCT but will fly through it.

Get it then FFS rather than try to offload your **** car onto me

• Registered Users Posts: 25,309 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

people who are heel draggers....

since before the pandemic I’ve floated the idea of getting a treadmill for home but I’ve been vetoed as...

1) too big, take up too much space.... ( the fućkin thing folds )

2) too expensive for what they are and sure they have them in our gym anyway... you don’t need one...

i eventually on the back of this omicron business got them to my way of thinking as of the weekend so tomorrow we are off to buy one, checking both retailers website just tonight...everything that’s perfect is sold out, as in modern technology, quality, good consistent reviews, and in a reasonable price range up to about 1,300... all’s left is cheap useless crap treadmills that on researching are designed from 10 years ago that are obsolete as far as tech goes, the most basic lcd readouts, no Bluetooth etc and not that well built for the daily use...

heel draggers boil my piss, especially when they eventually come around to your way of thinking when it’s in fact too late..

im looking at paying €1700 for a level up and in stock as opposed to €1200-€1300 for what we wanted... fffffffffffffaaaaggggghhhhhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The neighbor's cat has completely destroyed my flower bed despite putting down lots of strong smelling cat repellent pellets. I'll have to plant new flowers in the spring and get a motion sensor installed which emits a high pitch that cats can't tolerate. I'm just upset because of the amount of work myself and the OH put in planting and caring for the flowers in the first place.

So frustrating! They made a mess of two of our beds this year .. one ornamental and the other veggies. I shake my fist at them metaphorically, but haven't used any deterrents because, well, see the rat-related posts above.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

They'll fight nothing. They're just going to post scutter on social media in a desperate bid to feel special. My sister and her fella are sharing guff about natural immunity and chemicals, just shy of actual anti-vaxx stuff.

I'd be with you. Get it or don't but stop going on about it either way.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

What works around here, plastic litre bottles of water left around the flower beds or the edge of the garden. The secret is to leave very little space between the bottles, if you don't, they get brave and go between them. some plants put them off as well, https://horticulture.co.uk/cat-deterrent-plants/

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

TA at the subject in the photo.

It has a story. I took it this morning.

This morning I was sitting outside a shop having a coffee when I saw a lorry stop in the middle of the road, and flash his hazards. Keep in mind it's morning rush hour -- you can imagine the audible carnage this caused, but what triggered me was the lorry actually boxed in someone who was parked to the left of him (public parking allowed) and he couldn't get to his car to open the door. Everyone started beeping the horn at the lorry to move. Your man was able to barely squeeze into the door of his car and get in, but now he couldn't get out as there was someone parked behind him.

The lorry driver got out and started shouting at the man in the parked car to move out the way so that HE could park his lorry into that space. The guy tried to explain he was stuck and couldn't move. At this point the entire road was filled with cars and there was nothing but chaos. The owner of the car behind them had to run out and reverse his car away.

Long story short, a lorry driver tried to force two cars out of their rightful parking space so that he could park into it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I got contacted by a recruiter who was obviously male but felt the need to put (he/him) after his name in his signature.

I am not replying to someone who thinks I am an idiot

TA when pepell say shoight loike - "the person who stands by , and does etc, etc, is worse than etc etc etfuckkingcetera is worse etcetera" (worse than the actual scumbag 😒 )

NO , they fúckin aint 'worse' - they aint even on the subs fukkkin bench of being worse ; it's the fukkin scumbag whart engagres in the scumbagrishness is phar, phar worse than the persoin 'what stands 'idly by' is far far worse....

Also TA - when somdeone is vossifrous about sommit (but has a solid point) , ind does who don't agree can only respond with Ad - Hominems like - "you okay?" , or "are you drunk?" etfukkingsetterrah...

I concur - I most assuredly do Leffesem.. Tis 'fooked up' alright..

And, despite your 'choice language' (as they say , haha) , you are indeed right...

My opinion is that scummbaggrishniss (sp? 😊 - mebbe you are drunk) is considered acceptable , as long as those who are on the 'receiving end' aint part of what one might count as among the 'great and the good'

Cheers mate - let's just say that we are simpatico, and leave it at that....................

Final thought (on that topic) - and you need not respond (lest you incur....... ) : How da fuq are these koonts allowed 2 keep at their scumgaggrishhness , as the odds of it being their 'first rodeo' is deesidedly slim , one might venchoore....

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement