Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

People (who should know better) incorrectly using apostrophes..

Got a 'Newsletter' from local Senator - the usual 4 page cardboard paper glossy type - , and on page 1, the main caption/title read:

OUR

OLYMPIC

HERO'S 😂

#wortheverypenny

People (who should know better) incorrectly using apostrophe's..

TA I missed a trick there 😋

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

It looks like I have Plantar Fasciitis but only on my right foot. The culprit appears to be the brand new Clarks' shoes I bought at the start of the year. No idea how new shoes could go this bad so fast.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Baby wipes and pulling out half the packet when you only want one.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 25,310 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Them. : “ so what time are we going to the gym at ? ”

Me : ” I’m going to skip it I’m tired “ ( I’m actually knackered )

Them : “ so you are just going to sit around all evening watching TV ?

Me : “ considering the week I’ve had, shopping, dentist, healthcare appointments and various other assorted craic, yes I think im fûckin entitled to a Friday night doing SFA….. as opposed to breaking my bôllocks on a cross trainer, treadmill, and whatever else for 90 fûcking minutes on a bastarding Friday night…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Ta'd at the sorry excuse for a mini Double Decker in a box of Heroes.

Must be one of the worst sweets ever.

It's a sad state of affairs when all the fudge ones are gone before them 🙈

The Double Decker of the 80's/90's must be rolling in it's grave.

Post edited by blade1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

TA that Cadbury in general is gone ta f...

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My dog being a Needy Nora. I love you to bits, G, but you're getting on my last nerve today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Except for a crunchie or maybe darkmilk their chocolate is awful sh!te

The last time I bought a yellow snack it smelt like perfume, couldn't eat it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Undetermined Internet outage.. More fuppin info please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I came across a movie podcast that actually has a decent idea and very much something I'm interested in but I had to stop listening after 10 minutes because the hosts are absolutely insufferable surfer dude American types:

"Dude, what did you think of that awesome scene, dude"

"Aw dude, it was so totally amazing dude. That sh*t totally rocks dude"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,310 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The main reason to avoid getting that condition is having to tell someone you have it, after a rake of drink…

I have a bad dose of da pansar fastshiteus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Last time I had a Crunchie my teeth were hurting after it. The last Double Decker bar I had was disgusting also.

Anyway it's great that I got all my Christmas Shopping done today. The only downside is that now I'm totally broke until mid January :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The bournville dark is decent, Roses are awful, sickly sweet tasting crap now and the wrappings are all kind of the same and boring looking.

**** you Revenue bastards and your customs charges. Grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

Grown adults who claim to be 'exempt' from wearing masks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

It's illegal here to have women provide sex massage services to men but it's not illegal to have gay ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,496 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Went to the barbers this morning before work. Decided to be there before they opened.

Looked down and had odd shoes on. I went home and with in minutes there was about 8 people ahead of me. Needles to say I didn't get my hair cut.

Post edited by freshpopcorn on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Tough decision. I wouldn't want to have been in your shoes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I have country cousins who avoid straight one on one conversation. Simple tactic is leave the telly on non stop.

Then the conversation is through what is on the telly. Plenty of times out of habit I would turn off the telly - no one there. Two minutes later Aunt or whoever arrives - who turned off the telly?

I suppose it is a bit of a TA. My auld fellas first reaction is to turn on the telly when someone visits him. He gets uneasy when my mother turns the telly off - because he has to ‘make conversation’.

Like your uncle it ends up in a series of questions made as half comments.

If my auld fella was visiting a relation in hospital/care home etc. After his opening lines of ‘so what did you have for dinner/breakfast/tea? Etc. He struggles. Then it is ‘put the telly on’.

Sometimes he might even start reading the paper while making more general comments. Oh and then proceed to eat all the grapes, he brought for the person he was visiting….

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Sat down today and flicking throught TV saw "Brazil Untamed" on Sky Nature, thought it might be a relaxing programme to watch. The Narrator is God awful

She is reading out sentences.

Then pausing.

Then reading another, often increasing her pitch slightly at the end of the sentence.

It's too annoying to watch.

Not sure how to describe or pinpoint it, but there is no fluidity. It kind of sounds like she is narrating for Children, and maybe she is. I just wasn't expecting it.

Identify as a lesbian. They're all at it these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My hair. I should just cut it off because I'm not emotionally able for the amount of time it takes to do anything with it. I HATE washing it because brushing it out afterwards is so traumatic. Got it done today and it took five. Fcuking. Hours. In fairness, that was mostly my own fault because I hadn't had it done since July of last year, but still, ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

David Attenborough has ruined nature documentaries they are never the same without his voice!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Bought the Sunday Independent specifically for their annual super sports crossword, only to find it isn't in it. Can't find any conclusive info online whether they are doing it this year either.

Another Christmas tradition ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

It's my turn to host Christmas, that's grand I said everyone is invite so will have about 6 families over but I've a sibling constantly banging on about vaccinations and all that sh!te

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

My barber now only does appointments. no walk-ins. They said they plan to keep it up even after the pandemic is over. Having to book a haircut is a TA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,496 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ya, I couldn't see my place doing that to be honest.

However I'd dread having to book an appointment to get a bit of my haircut off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement