Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,549 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

did they have a soggy bottom?

No, they were just hard and pale and complete black when cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Dog just jumped into the Poddle and came out black to her shoulders. Going to have to get the hose at her when we get home because she isn't going into the house like this.

I also finally said it to next door about their dog barking - started at 6.30 this morning - and was told "You can't put a time control on a dog's bladder".

No, and I'm not asking you to. I'm asking you to stop him barking his fcuking head off while he does it.

I really, really, really, really, really hate that dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Shout out to the woman trying to control two yappy little dogs while I drove slowly past on a narrow lane, who threw me a dirty look after I stopped when one ran out in front of me. :confused: Was I supposed to run it over?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Was I supposed to run it over?
    Perhaps... Was it DialHard with the neighbour's dog? :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Antares35 wrote: »
    The other is the kind who lives vicariously through his work, feels the need to constantly remind us how many days leave he still has to take because he was so needed that he hasn't taken any AL in two years etc. Any time you ask how he is, "I'm wrecked, I did 4000 hours overtime last week". He genuinely thinks the company will go under without him.

Worked with someone like that. She took early retirement about ten years ago. Funnily enough the company is still going strong. :D

There was another person on the team who had no other topic of conversation but work. She was there when you went in to the office in the morning. She was there when you left in the evening. I actually used to say if I was ever at lunch with her, 'let's talk about something else'. I used to find it so draining, and it was always negative as well.

Also now retired. No idea what she has to talk about these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I just copped that crisps I've been buying are over twice the price I thought they were, or they originally were. I'm talking about the amazing Lorenz Crunchips Paprika. In the UK, for a 140g bag it's £1.43 (€1.66), and over here the 150g bag of the same crisps is €3.99!!!

I'm actually a bit more than trivially annoyed, I can't see any justification for over double the price for an extra* 10g. So I've emailed them to ask why. I don't usually do that, but that's a crazy difference in price for basically the same product. These used to be sub €2 at one point. They're only €2 on partyonline.ie. Tesco, every little helps line their greedy paws!

*allegedly, there's so much air one would have to actually weigh them

TA'd that this is the reply I got:

Thank you for your email.

Tesco Ireland has different prices than Tesco in the UK.

I hope this information helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

When I was in the thick of my studies, I would say to myself that I would do this or that when this is over.

It's over now(yea!) and I can't remember what they were and I'm bored out of my mind!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I feel like everyone around me just talks about work all the time. I've two friends who literally never talk about anything else. One constantly complaining about being treated badly and how much of an àsshole her boss is, but she's still there years later.

The other is the kind who lives vicariously through his work, feels the need to constantly remind us how many days leave he still has to take because he was so needed that he hasn't taken any AL in two years etc. Any time you ask how he is, "I'm wrecked, I did 4000 hours overtime last week". He genuinely thinks the company will go under without him.

Now OH has started, going on and on about being under pressure, staff resourcing issues means everyone is snowed etc.

I would never bore someone by talking about my work endlessly. I love my job, I studied and worked hard to get my position. I work hard. If I f*ck up there are consequences too. But, I also know there's far more to life. Losing all other aspects of your identity and tearing yourself in two does not make you a great employee.

And they’d be thrown under a bus by their employer at the drop of a hat.

When the times comes to clock out, switch off, don’t talk about it, think about it, worry about it or stress... work 20/40 hours and live and enjoy the rest. It’s been done to death but work to live over living to work is the only way.

Trying to decide what crisps to get in the weekly shop. So many crisps!! Which to buy? These are the high level questions I seek the answer to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

O'Donnell's. No competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Fella in Lidl earlier at the top of the queue. When the cashier had scanned everything through and asked did he have the Lidl Plus app (as is protocol), Johnny Big Balls scoffed at the question and then said "can you tell your manager that your selection of steaks are too small" before pretty much leaving in a huff after paying. The poor young lad didn't know what to say in response.

As luck would have it, the customer happened to park next to me in his Merc, and you'd just know by the look of him and the way he dressed that he is used to shouting down people in work and bothering service staff in restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,549 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

New Home wrote: »

Have you tried the black pudding ones tough?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

I feel like everyone around me just talks about work all the time. I've two friends who literally never talk about anything else. One constantly complaining about being treated badly and how much of an àsshole her boss is, but she's still there years later.

Now OH has started, going on and on about being under pressure, staff resourcing issues means everyone is snowed etc.

I would never bore someone by talking about my work endlessly. I love my job, I studied and worked hard to get my position. I work hard. If I f*ck up there are consequences too. But, I also know there's far more to life. Losing all other aspects of your identity and tearing yourself in two does not make you a great employee.

Feel your pain, regularly listen to the OH for a couple of hours at a time go on about her work woes.

I actually don't mind as everyone needs to vent but what gets me is when I want to talk about something different I'm not listened to and the conversation is steered back to it.

2/3 hours of venting should be enough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,269 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Fella on a ride on lawnmower today, as soon as he finished his lawn, he went out on the road to make the verges on both sides a wasteland for pollinators as well. Why do people want to "tidy" nature so much ffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭lucalux

Fella on a ride on lawnmower today, as soon as he finished his lawn, he went out on the road to make the verges on both sides a wasteland for pollinators as well. Why do people want to "tidy" nature so much ffs?

THis :mad: Plus the weedkiller wasters, who kill absolutely everything within a 100-150ft distance of their front gates.

No wonder there are no native wildflowers left on our rural ditches here. Used to be full of scabious, cowslips, silverweed, ribwort plantain, violets, wild strawberries etc etc

Now? We have grass. Just fecking scutch grass.

Tidiness be damned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Fella in Lidl earlier at the top of the queue. When the cashier had scanned everything through and asked did he have the Lidl Plus app (as is protocol), Johnny Big Balls scoffed at the question and then said "can you tell your manager that your selection of steaks are too small" before pretty much leaving in a huff after paying. The poor young lad didn't know what to say in response.

As luck would have it, the customer happened to park next to me in his Merc, and you'd just know by the look of him and the way he dressed that he is used to shouting down people in work and bothering service staff in restaurants.

What an absolute dickhead. I can't stand people like that. I was just over at my local Tesco and it's an inner city grim tesco express. Some junkie scumbag was arguing with the security guy. You know its a bad sign when a supermarket has a security guard at the door.
    The scumbag was squaring up to him saying....jus admi' you were wrong n ill leave it..i don't wanna have ta hit ya a box man..jus admi you were wrong man..
    Ugh. Ta assholes not letting people do their job in peace. People in offices complain about somebody eating tuna at their desk or talking loudly but imagine dealing with full on abuse every day. I felt like giving the poor security guy a massive hug.

New Home wrote:

I agree, they're a damn fine crisp. Damn fine. But my pickle is I'm buying for the family and need to cater for varying tastes......oh my God the decisions!!! :D in the end I went for 6 packs of BBQ hula hoops, rancheros and prawn cocktail walkers.

I have tried them actually and I thought they were decent. I wouldn't be rushing to buy them again or anything but decent enough.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Nope, and I won't, either (veggie).

Ah, but of course. A male "Karen".
    I agree, they're a damn fine crisp. Damn fine. But my pickle is I'm buying for the family and need to cater for varying tastes......oh my God the decisions!!! :D in the end I went for 6 packs of BBQ hula hoops, rancheros and prawn cocktail walkers.

You buy, therefore you get to choose. When the others buy, they choose. Fair is fair.

My major TA: the amount of plastic, especially in crisps, but in the shopping in general. Absolutely criminal.

• Advertisement

Mimon wrote: »
    Feel your pain, regularly listen to the OH for a couple of hours at a time go on about her work woes.

I actually don't mind as everyone needs to vent but what gets me is when I want to talk about something different I'm not listened to and the conversation is steered back to it.

2/3 hours of venting should be enough!!

Exactly! It's like a one sided conversation or something. Last time he talked about his annual leave for forty minutes. I actually put the phone down and had a pee and came back and he was still talking :D

Last year I had a baby, during a pandemic with no family around and the first thing he did when I called was tell me how tired he was from overtime. I had to say, "so the baby arrived safe and well" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Theres a fella living a couple of hundred meters down the road from me, there's a grass verge outside his house and the other side of the road. It's narrow country road but there's tons of daffodils outside his house and he just annihilates them with strimmers every time

• Registered Users Posts: 16,269 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Theres a fella living a couple of hundred meters down the road from me, there's a grass verge outside his house and the other side of the road. It's narrow country road but there's tons of daffodils outside his house and he just annihilates them with strimmers every time

Theres always these sorts who annex the margin on the opposite side of the road to their house.

A tree pruning crew arrived across the road from us on Wednesday and commenced lopping. I went over and asked was it SDCC who'd contracted them and pointed put that it was nesting season. Chap said they were working on behalf of the ESB and had an exemption from the Wildlife Act on health & safety grounds.

There are so many fcuking exemptions to Ireland's wildlife legislation that I genuinely don't know why we bother. Scumbag fcukers can burn half of Killarney National Park with impunity for similar reasons.

Again, I just can't get my head around why so many Irish people seem to actively hate nature.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

TA'd that this is the reply I got:

Thank you for your email.

Tesco Ireland has different prices than Tesco in the UK.

I hope this information helps.

:D I'm sorry, I'm not laughing, :D
    Did someone write that with a straight face, I wonder!

A cashier in M&S tried to convince me one time that the conversion rate accounted for the fact that a magazine priced at 1.50 sterling was about five euro. (I forget the exact amounts but it was something ridiculous anyway).

What actually had happened was there was a Christmas edition, which was more expensive than the weekly one, and they had mispriced the weekly one. She wasn't for turning though, kept patronisingly telling me that it was because of the exchange rate.

We are looking to buy but I'm getting more than TAd each day by reports of people just being idiotic, outbidding each other, buying places they've only seen online etc. It's like the f*ckin Celtic tiger all over again. I'm actually considering holding off until the mania subsides. I've zero interest in jumping on the bandwagon on this one :(

Related TA "viewing is strictly by appointment only". Oh strictly you say? As if we'd otherwise just rock up to the house on a Sunday morning and bang on the door saying give us a look? Are you doing us a favour by allowing us to consider spending a couple of hundred thousand on your clients house?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA 1
    My [OH's] niece is staying over tonight which means I have to give up my man-cave so she can have the room. On top of that, my fiancée had to bring my dog to the vet at half 10 this morning and that's when the niece got dropped off. I don't have much of a relationship with her (she's shy) so that was awkward as hell. She's currently downstairs in the sitting room [using TikTok or something by the sounds of it] and I'm up here trying to pretend I'm super busy so I don't have to leave my room for her to use it :pac::pac::pac:

TA 2
    I have ran out of coffee :mad:

TA 3
    I went to make a chocolate-spread sandwich earlier and butterfingers-Dave here forgot how to use his hand and the jar slipped out of my grip and smashed on the floor, and it shattered in the worst way. No large clumps of glass - no - it shattered into little tiny crystal-like granules which meant I had to brush the floor about 5 times and hoover it twice to makes sure every single little bit was lifted. It's spotless now, but now I can't have a Nutella sandwich :(

but now I can't have a Nutella sandwich :(

I just assumed the Nutella sandwich was for your niece :D

The fact that people seem to have just decided Covid is no longer a thing. My mother got a lift to the golf club with a friend this morning instead of driving up herself. I was invited over to someone's house for dinner this evening. People having sleepovers, etc. I feel like I'm the only gilly still paying any attention whatsoever to the rules.

• Advertisement

Dial Hard wrote: »
    The fact that people seem to have just decided Covid is no longer a thing. My mother got a lift to the golf club with a friend this morning instead of driving up herself. I was invited over to someone's house for dinner this evening. People having sleepovers, etc. I feel like I'm the only gilly still paying any attention whatsoever to the rules.

My friend texted me earlier saying hey let's meet for a walk, I'm just finished seeing my other friend. Er.... No thanks. OH is asthmatic, my elderly parents with underlying conditions are next door and mind our baby, plus I'm six months pregnant. I'm gonna pass on the passing on of germs!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement