Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Dog owners who leave their dogs off the lead to wander up into other dog’s faces. My dog is nervous and hates this and will bark in annoyance. Then I’m shot dirty looks by the wandering dog’s owner. Similarly those stupid retractable leads, dog wandering miles behind or in front of their owner who is invariably chatting away to whoever and not paying an ounce of attention to what their dog is doing. Twats !!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm on a big, fat downer this week for some reason. I know the few days between Christmas and NY are always a bit weird, but my sister is getting married tomorrow and I don't even feel excited about that ☹

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

These morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,171 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Glad his ugly mug was caught and he should be made pay for fixing it and write an open apology letter on his Facebook page.

To thine own self be true

Pay by lift - not only that, but a 'Standing Charge' as well.... The hungry kernts! Works out at over €20 every time.. paying by weight probably be better, but not much choice out rural like....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I know exactly how you feel. Made myself get up and shower today after two days of not being able to do anything, not even get dressed properly.

Went for a walk and now feel able to face the world again.

Try to enjoy the wedding, if only for your sister’s sake.

There's a kind of melancholy that I can't shake, it descends a few days after Christmas and stays until NY is well in the rear view. I suppose it's the awareness of another year over, things left undone or unachieved. The pandemic has me feeling it more keenly than usual but I've never been one to celebrate the end of the year or the start of a new one, the underlining of the limits of life and time.

The only way around it would be to achieve immortality. Working on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

We hire a 12 yard skip. Use it between 3 families. 1 year, 1 skip between the 3 of us.

Costs 3.26 each per week for each family, odd sofa gets smashed with the JCB and turfed in

Sounds good.. Though (and I probably wrong) I thought household rubbish (food and such) weren't allowed in skips.. Can only imagine the stench/mould etc after a year in a skip, not to mention the little creatures gnawing away in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

No food waste as such. That's composted. The waste company will take skip and put into compactor lorry with all other rubbish and gets sorted at their facility

• Advertisement

Sounds like a good idea if neighbours are on board; plus, and more importantly, that there's a safe space to leave the skip... Couldn't do it around here (no room to begin with) , plus every Tom , Pa , and Gyorgy would be availing themselves of the facility..

Not being able to sleep due to my head wanting to go down memory lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,957 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

As part of a writing project I was set a task to write about a fictions character called ted. I had this line "Ted the brown bedtime bear, trailed in Hannah's hand as she made her way upstairs to sleep".

Feedback said "You assume that people have information about about this scenario, that you haven't told them"!

Th, duh! I have said everything there is to say, as its just the opening sentence!

Th2 I didn't have time to evolve the picture beyond this to "hide" the info in!. (everyone is a freaking critic)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

They sound like an English honours leaving cert teacher of mine (over 39 years ago now)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People on TV threads misspelling the name of the show they're posting about.

TA I found no spelling mistakes in a post complaining about spelling mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I got an invitation for a pre-interview assessment for a 12 week unpaid internship.

Ha-ha. FU - pay me!

12 weeks! They expect you to work 20 hours a week for nearly 3 months unpaid! Even if it wasn't illegal to work for less than minimum wage, they can F off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

The disproportionately high number of strawberry delights in a tub of roses and only two signature truffles.

The crap wrappers now used and half empty tubs just add to the let down.

• Advertisement

You'll be expected to behave just like Robert DeNero in the movie! They'd probably do something like get you to watch the movie too, for starters.

My TA: I can't make big payments (for example buying a new business laptop) anymore from my Debit Card. NNNGggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr........

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TA that I tried to put diesel on my credit card today but it is maxed.

January is going to be grim

Post edited by Pawwed Rig on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,171 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

To thine own self be true

Mislaid one of my phones. When I ring I just get my voice mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭Archeron

A really big snotty dog just sneezed on my shoe

• Registered Users Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Irish weather the way it turns surfaces slimy, green and slippery.

Just back from Tesco, they had a huge stand with Christmas cards and as I was walking past I was thinking it was strange that they weren't reduced, then I realised they were Valentine cards, ffs .

I can't find where to follow forums. .! Threads yes , but how do I follow forums ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

I did on a desktop browser. Not saying it's the only way.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,310 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

the asshole neighbour who at 3.25am decided… “ ohh look, we still have LOTS of fireworks left “… and decided for what was or seemed about 20 minutes to let off a load more loud assed fireworks breaking the AM calm and dead peacefulness….as a result I’m shattered…. Woke again at 11.05 and nahhhh, cancel everything…. Low energy ? No energy ! Fûckin prîck, not exactly isolated shît neighbour behavioral cack from him and his lot so not using the ‘festivities’ as his excuse !

with a bit of luck he’ll develop rectal cancer and die off into a fûcking commode by shîtting himself to death…cûnt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement