Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Arthritis. Dosed up on anti inflammatory but still can't sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I have an irritation in left eye and it's watering like hell.

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users Posts: 25,310 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I have a person here who gets irritated if when they call you, whatsapp you, send you a message on FB and you are not immediately available to answer or respond…..” hey what are you doing ? Where are you ? Why are you not answering? “….It could be I am cooking, driving, working, exercising or just genuinely miss the call / message… but as today we are having a conversation on WhatsApp about a specific plan we have yet they disappear mid conversation and 3 hours later they reply to the last messages of the conversation continuing as if nothing happened…I pull them up, they explain they were feeling unwell, fine… “ look, I’m not feeling great, I’ll have a lie down I’ll message you in a bit”… too much to ask ? People are fûckin weird that’s a given but I just hate those double standards from people …

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Ppl trying to sell stuff

" Cost me €70 plus €15 delivery, will take €65, its in great condition...."

Eh no, its still 2nd hand & delivery is not something you should factor in to price!

BTW I can get it for €75 brand new delivered plus the guarantee.

Ppl don't get how 2nd hand selling works at all!

• Advertisement

I know Mundo, sellers of 2nd hand stuff think they can charge nearly full price and you pay the extras. Normally the same € to buy new . Shysters.

TA is I need optrex / eye drops. Absolutely hate doing it. Most of it goes on my eye lid, not the actual eye. ,!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

+1. I got it on christmas eve. wrecked for all of christmas week but even now I have no energy. I keep nodding off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Why is Spotify putting christmas songs on my Discover weekly playlist? Stop that now.

First day back in work after the holidays, meh.

Sky Q interface. What a piece of sh1T . The search bit was fine ,a rectangular box, now it's a strip thing that takes ages. There's no.way to set reminders, like before. 😡

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Getting emails from everyone but the person I need to get information from, ta its causing a bottle neck in my work and who'll suffer for that!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

Boris Johnston. Talking about Djokovic, " I've played tennis against him, he's pretty good ".

No **** Boris, he's only the world No.1 player with 20+ titles.!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Co workers who think they can boss anyone around and talk down to people, you wont talk like that to me sunshine 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I was contacted by a customer asking us for an update on their driver licences. When I sent them the contact details for the DVA they asked if Northern Ireland issued licences for South Africa. I had to gently explain that they had contacted the Belfast that was in Northern Ireland, and not the (who knew?) Belfast in South Africa.

I feel like this has set the tone for the rest of this week. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 13,171 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Lights actually getting brighter as days go by 🤔

But I'm still not taking it down!! 😛

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Why some feel the need to make a zoom call when they can just pick up the phone. I really don't need to see you mate.

Oh, yea. Really edgy background too

*facepalm*

Post edited by AckwelFoley on

Dion Dublin on commentary. What a flute. 🤦

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Send him to flogging houses or bargain hunt or whatever show he is on

I thanked you and then unthanked you. Wrong person I thought. How Micah Richards is on the telly baffles me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The OH got me new runners for Christmas, and it's so annoying that they don't seem to have any grip on them at all when a bit wet and walking on tiled surfaces. I assume they take a while to "break in" per se, but I slightly slip every time I go use the toilet.

They are definitely a case of style over substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Stop peeing on the floor if they slip when you use the loo 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

"Hi,

Just a gentle reminder that..."

What good is a gentle reminder? The people haven't done the thing they need to do, you need them to do it, how is pussy-footing around going to help? Don't "gently" remind them, robustly remind them!

It's like knocking softly on a door so as not to disturb the very people you need to get their attention so they'll open it for you. Or quietly whispering "hey, wake up" to someone who's late, for fear that you'll wake them up, when that's the exact thing you're trying to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Copy/paste internet 'news' articles masquerading as journalism.

Usually such-and-such pub or restaurant in Galway/Cork/wherever reacts to bad customer review.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,496 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you ask somebody a question and they don't answer it reply with basically the same question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

When two people in a Group Whatsapp decide to have a 50 text conversation. Move it to your own personal Whatsapp lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

When you set up a WhatsApp group of 20 to arrange an event where not everyone knows each other, and one spare prick decides to share funny texts and pics.

It's for times and details dick head not you trying to be **** Jimmy Carr

Send him to flogging houses (Homes Under The Hammer) or bargain hunt or whatever show he is on

Gone way downhill that show.. used to be a 50% chance of seeing Lucy Alexander - now, well it's hardly worth watching ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

Nearly as annoying as a "friendly reminder"

Which comes across as passive aggressive. There's nothing friendly about it.

TA lightbulb died - I liked that lighbulb; it provided enough illumination to see where I was going, plus a little bit extra..

Replaced it with a 5w = 60w bulb, and the difference is night and day... I don't want to be drawing attention to the fact that I'm in/still in/up/still up... Gets dark - light goes on, and generally stays on until it either gets bright, or I go to bed - whenever that may be... Can't be at this turn light off when leaving the room craic.. Draws too much attention imo; for one who aspires to a shut-in / hermit type existence...

Last bulb was 15w.. TA a poorly selection of lightbulbs in shops 😓

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Check Dealz, they usually have weak lightbulbs.

• Advertisement

Will do that ta - I may have done so already.... got a selection of a few different types from a couple of different shops recently, in anticipation of the bulbs' death/s.. definitely got a few in SV, and may have got some in Dealz also... Used to be a fairly decent selection in 'Valuesavers' (?) iirc - think that's the shop's name....

TA these 'screw in' and and the old-school 'push up and give a little twist' bulbs; and both being as equally prevalent nowadays..

Don't know who came up with the screw in bulbs; all it does is lessen the overall selection of shape/wattage types of individual bulbs,,

Whoever came up with these screw in bulbs and fixtures, is not going on any Christmas list of mine any time soon..

Similar TA - Smoke Alarms beeping when battery is dead/nearly dead.. At €7 or €8 apiece, it's pointless stocking up on them in advance... the beeping is ruddy annoying too - every half hour almost, and pretty loud at that (not that it bothers me too much in and of itself, but houses/apts are all stuck together, and there'll often be a Fcuking Kunt neighbour looking for an excuse to go off on one) , and usually starts at nighttime too.. T effin A 😒

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement