Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I had half painted the interior wall of my porch and realised I didn't like the colour so had to start again this afternoon while the family are in Malahide Demense in the sunshine.

If it rains tomorrow I am going to be doubly TA'd

When people won't answer a simple question. I had pulled rhubarb earlier even though nobody here eats it. If you don't pick this variety now, the taste deteriorates. A neighbour had called over so I went over and asked "do ye eat rhubarb?" and he replied "Rhubarb? I'll tell you a funny one about rhubarb", and 5 minutes later I am still listening to a story about 'the runs', and frowning at the rhubarb in my hand.

Another TA is finding what you think is an apple tart, digging in, and accidentally eating what tastes like sweetened soil. It's rhubarb.. And it looks like it came out of a sick animal. What is it, a fruit? Horrible stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

When people won't answer a simple question. I had pulled rhubarb earlier even though nobody here eats it. If you don't pick this variety now, the taste deteriorates. A neighbour had called over so I went over and asked "do ye eat rhubarb?" and he replied "Rhubarb? I'll tell you a funny one about rhubarb", and 5 minutes later I am still listening to a story about 'the runs', and frowning at the rhubarb in my hand.

Another TA is finding an apple tart, digging in, and accidentally eating what tastes like sweetened soil. And it looks like it came out of a sick animal. What is it, a fruit? Horrible stuff.

I used to love rhubarb. Haven’t had the same appetite for it since “over doing” it like your mate there and getting a serious bout of the “trots”.

Don’t think I’ve eaten it outside of a tart since.

Not sure what’s going on in your apple tart, do you think someone might have “interfered” with it?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

I used to love rhubarb. Haven’t had the same appetite for it since “over doing” it like your mate there and getting a serious bout of the “trots”.

Don’t think I’ve eaten it outside of a tart since.

Not sure what’s going on in your apple tart, do you think someone might have “interfered” with it?

It's definitely some sort of laxative.

My apple tart comment was unclear — I had meant to say a dish you *think is* an apple tart, and turns out to be rhubarb. Even if it does have medicinal effects, I think I'd sooner constipation tbqh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

:D I'm sorry, I'm not laughing, :D
    Did someone write that with a straight face, I wonder!

I still can't figure out if it's a legitimate answer or someone taking the mick. I've replied basically saying no, you just confirmed what I said in my query, but I've since discovered multiple examples (360g Cadburys - £3 vs €5.50), but is there any chance they'd like to actually answer the question.

TA'd my work has finally caught up with the rest of the multinationals and now I have a mandatory 1 hour Diversity Training course to do... Knowing this crowd it's some interactive crap that I might actually have to pay attention for... FMFL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The monster on the Tesco checkout pushing, and crushing, my shopping down the back of the checkout.

Even when I was packing the bags they insisted on squashing all the, more, “delicate” products down. There was no need for it.

I purposely go to shops like SuperValu and Tesco to avoid the German discount store checkout “system” but if this continues there’ll be no reason not to go, at least they provide the, ignominious, “packing” shelf.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Eat something in one go, then while perusing the packaging you see that it was meant to be six servings :o

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Eat something in one go, then while perusing the packaging you see that it was meant to be six servings :o

Yep , six servings for non humans maybe !
    Once you enjoyed it , that's all that matters :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Yep , six servings for non humans maybe !...

Ha Ha

When it comes to 'Corn Chips' / ''Tortilla Chips' they are in 200gm packs.

each pack is Eight :eek: servings !

A full pack is rated at over 4000calories :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Lane 3 hoggers on motorways. Just going home on the M50 and there is a car in lane 3 that is next to another car in lane 2 and going at the same speed. Doing their own rolling roadblock. eventually they realised I was behind them and accelerated a little and moved into lane 2 . as soon as I went past them they moved straight back into lane 3. Lane 2 was clear ahead of them. Twats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Can't seem to crack an egg without getting shell in the bowl. Every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,549 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who make a big deal out of being an essential worker!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Aidric wrote: »
    Can't seem to crack an egg without getting shell in the bowl. Every single time.

Every time I make a scrambled egg, I get at least one chip of shell in the bowl. You try to take it out, but it mysteriously moves out of the way of anything you try to get it with, like it's made of anti matter. So you give in, and cook the egg anyway, resigned to deal with the unwelcome contaminant during consumption. When you're eating the scrambled egg, you're mindful that at any moment, you could get the unpleasant crunch of shell in your fluffy egg lunch - yet it never materialises. The chip of shell has mysteriously vanished. Egg shell is such a trickster.

I'm having some sad realisations about the friendships in my life.

*who wants to be my friend*

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

...*who wants to be my friend ?....

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Every time I make a scrambled egg, I get at least one chip of shell in the bowl. You try to take it out, but it mysteriously moves out of the way of anything you try to get it with, like it's made of anti matter. So you give in, and cook the egg anyway, resigned to deal with the unwelcome contaminant during consumption. When you're eating the scrambled egg, you're mindful that at any moment, you could get the unpleasant crunch of shell in your fluffy egg lunch - yet it never materialises. The chip of shell has mysteriously vanished. Egg shell is such a trickster.

use an empty egg half shell to fish out the chip of eggshell - it really works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

My parents have this new habit of literally going everywhere together (mostly because after forty years of being a competent driver, my mother has decided to just throw the towel in and be a lazy sod that expects my dad to drive everywhere). Which is fine if they want those dynamics, but they feel the need to constantly justify their excursions together saying "well if one of us gets covid we both will". It makes zero sense! Do they not realise that two of them going somewhere doubles the risk of either of them catching it? Why was there a one person per household restriction in place for so long? If everyone said "sure if I get it all my family will get it so we might as well all go" then the whole thing would've been worse. TA people who just have no cop on.

Antares35 wrote: »
    My parents have this new habit of literally going everywhere together (mostly because after forty years of being a competent driver, my mother has decided to just throw the towel in and be a lazy sod that expects my dad to drive everywhere). Which is fine if they want those dynamics, but they feel the need to constantly justify their excursions together saying "well if one of us gets covid we both will". It makes zero sense! Do they not realise that two of them going somewhere doubles the risk of either of them catching it? Why was there a one person per household restriction in place for so long? If everyone said "sure if I get it all my family will get it so we might as well all go" then the whole thing would've been worse. TA people who just have no cop on.

I think you've to accept that your parents don't care!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

That I can't post pictures on boards! Anyone else in the same boat?

That I can't post pictures on boards! Anyone else in the same boat?

yes-clipart-3.jpg

wait, what was the question?

• Advertisement

I have a sore patch on the roof of my mouth that hurts every time i eat and drink.

Endless endless talk about covid. I feel sorry for the people who lost their lives or suffered badly with it or lost loved ones. I really do. And it's been such a sh!te year for most people but it's bad enough having to listen to announcements about it over the speakers in the supermarkets, on the radio, tv and internet, that I wish some people would stop going on about it as much. It's invaded our lives enough already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

I have a sore patch on the roof of my mouth that hurts every time i eat and drink.

You can get bonjela cool gel little plasters that stick to the roof of your mouth while it heals.
    I've scalded the roof of my mouth eating raw chillies many a time...ta i never learn my lesson.

Further ta..last week the maternity section was open in M&S and Dunnes. I had my eye on a few bits and thought I'll come back next week and get them. Randomly today, the maternity section is now closed in both stores. Why? Why was it essential last week but not essential this week?
    Arbitrary covid bull****.

I want a burger but I'm too lazy to go and get one. About as first world problem as you could get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I think you've to accept that your parents don't care!

I know they don't, it still TAs me though! They're the first to run screaming to their long suffering GP at the first sign of anything wrong with themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Sore jaw, causing sore headache. Praying to all the gods that it's not wisdom teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

I know im a day late, but why the fcuk don't some independent coffee shops open on Mondays, surely it'd be a busy day to open even if just til lunchtime!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

"...in 1 day."

Thousands of years' of linguistic evolution, only for web and app developers to not bother spending 5 minutes adding the logic for the word TOMORROW (and a few minutes more for other translations) :facepalm:

Lidl Plus and WhatsApp I'm looking at you in particular :rolleyes:

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

The union rep harping on and on about the highest paid members of the team and how they're so put upon and they deserve more money. Forgetting the entire rest of the unit are also under severe pressure and don't get a mention at all. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Antares35 wrote: »
    I know they don't, it still TAs me though! They're the first to run screaming to their long suffering GP at the first sign of anything wrong with themselves!

Ya I understand.
    Don’t take this the wrong way but I think your parents get a kick out of annoying you!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement