Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

It seems it's always the same people out of work "isolating due to close contacts". The rest of us in work are getting shafted as a result.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It is an easy out that requires no evidence whatsoever. The new rules on close contact should sort it out though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Pi$$es me right off.

The same ppl who forever would find any excuse not to come in or to do as little as possible. But always well enough to be in for departmental praises, they know how to play all the systems.

Much more than just a TA!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Neighbour who beeps goodbye to her dog at 8.15 every morning as she leaves her driveway needs to be tarred and shoved at a wasps nest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

People leaving their dogs off leads. Doesn't matter how many sign posts are up about it, people are still too stupid to follow a simple rule

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,310 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

weve a neighbours son or daughter who does that around 11.30pm

youve just ‘said goodbye’ at the door….what’s the fučkin need for honking the horn ?

im a night owl but their neighbours are elderly so presumably not appreciating the needless cacophony …

if you are 50 and needy go home and blow kisses to mammy down the phone and have a chat to your goldfish…but fûck this honking the horn lark at that hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

People not wearing hi Viz when out walking. I know it's sunny, but walk in a shaded area and you're invisible. Met a woman this morning all in black, only for the reflective strip on her trainers wouldn't have seen her at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

Rte newsreaders saying 'stay safe' at the end of the programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Somebody's stealing my socks.

It's the only sane explanation.

I had twelve pairs of identical sports socks at the start of lockdown one, and I'm down to six and a half now. I know I threw out one because it developed a hole in the heel somehow. Where the hell did all the rest go?

They should say, stay safe and avoid the media. 🙊😆

• Advertisement

Another week passes and nothing… no phone calls and the ohh so polite email enquiring I sent them on the 7th remains unanswered…. you get paid a significant amount of cash for something yet you don’t deliver on your side of the agreement as regards both the promised communication and installation and you can’t either be arsed going replying to my emails…going to have my lunch and get calling….some way to treat a client…

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭stopthevoting

Since yesterday, Facebook is inundated with ads for tax refund services. They charge 7%, 15% or 30%, depending on the company, but they make this info difficult to find on their websites. One shows a picture of a refund cheque of over €12,000. I suspect the comments are faked and/or filtered because there are many praising the service, but none mentioning the official Revenue website where people could do this themselves and get the full benefit of any refund they may be entitled to. Also some commenters ask how much they charge, but this question is never answered. Seeing the ads is so annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

If you ever catch the bastard ask him where are mine !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I went out for my daily walk earlier without realising I was wearing an odd pair of shoes. Runner on one foot, dressier shoe on the other (they are similar colours so THAT's my excuse).

I stopped in for groceries on the way home, and now of course I can't help thinking that I came across as some random eccentric.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

But at least you weren't wearing socks with sandals!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

think yourself lucky. I once went to work wearing odd shoes.

At home my Dad is doing a big clear out and putting stuff into storage..old furniture, boxes of DVDs and assorted crap being stored up in the compartments in the attic and garage …a decluttering effort which he does routinely this time every year…I think he finds it a bit cathartic…

At home I have two guitars one a Rickenbacker in close to mint condition in a soft case in the spare room, worth around now 1300-1500 euros… I call around, the guitar is moved and now resting on the bed in it’s soft bag and there is a sturdy wooden heavy drawer of dvds resting on top of the guitar and bag, must weigh 8 - 12 kilograms … hmmm… my heart sinks as I’ve had that guitar 22 years, my first major purchase having secured my job…. It doesn’t appear marked as it should not being in a bag but the necks of those guitars are a bit temperamental and it’s not doing it any good to have been lying there for dozens if not hundreds of hours under 10 kilograms of stuff…

love the guy but he can be dangerous when board during this pandemic lately….

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Or somebody cycling in the dark with dark clothes and no lights on their bikes. I see it every day.

Anyway...more work related rantings include being down people in my area due to them being "close contacts" and the rest of us having to carry the load for them. The clinical staff in my department have no empathy for this situation of course and still hammer us with requests. They still want us to have everything done for them promptly and they complain when something is late. There's also a newbie in our department who isn't really getting proper training because the rest of us are too busy to give her our complete attention. I'm trying my best to help her as much as I can as well as trying to juggle my own workload. Anyway it feels good to get that rant out. On the bright side it's still miles better than my old department and I'm getting the hang of things pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Manager is still banging on about getting everyone back in the office because:

• It's hard to train new people when you're not face to face
    • It's tough on the new people who won't properly get to know the team
    • It's better for your mental health to be back to normality in the office
    • It's better socially to be back with your team so we can go for team lunches together (OMFG NO)
    • It's better to be able to quickly chat with the team about issues and problems that come up

Among a whole host of other great things about being in the office that she comes up with. It's enraging that they're still pushing for this when our performance across the board has improved during home working. I just can't get my head around why they want us back in the office. The only reason I can think of is that they want to keep an eye on us coz they don't trust us.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The sizeable anti-man rhetoric from the usual quarters on social media after that horrendous and tragic murder in Offaly yesterday is more than a TA.

We aren't all capable of such evil

• Advertisement

My God I just read about the case there. The poor woman that is just awful. And her poor family too. Jesus it's terrible.

It's a sad state of affairs when you can't even go for a jog in the daytime but unfortunately there are some barbaric disgusting animals out there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It is disgusting that people use these events to further their own prejudices. The anti immigrant brigade are also out in force.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Imagine having to tell the parents that news. I told my father his brother in England died (naturally) and the memory will never leave me

Imagine having to tell 30 something first class school children your teacher won't be in today.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

On a lighter note..

The lady preparing my sandwich in the local deli just cut the bread in half and NOT diagonally!

Sandwich is ruined.

Everyone knows that slicing it diagonally makes it much nicer :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I bet she even left the crusts on...

You just can't get the staff, these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

cutting it diagonally increases the surface area which is to the benefit of the sandwich. it is pretty basic science that all sandwich makers should know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Does cutting that triangle, into another triangle like granny does when she's having people over create more surface and therefore almost infinite sandwich ♾

yes. it's science. you can't argue with science.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who don't squeeze out the dish sponge, so when you pick it up it dribbles everywhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement