Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,307 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Do you have your glasses on upside down, ? If you do it says ainmosni

People who try to make you sound bad by pointing out things they spelled out in the first place then telling you to read it backwards in an insightful way....

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭spookwoman

"Might be annoying them because the pavement has a cycle lane that I could use if I wanted to but that segues into my other TA; not being able to use the cycle lane on a pavement because it gets taken up by groups of two, or more, people who refuse to budge."

I know it's really annoying when people are soo inconsiderate. By the way are you not doing the exact same thing that is TA.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mod note - it is not for you to question others TAs also this is not a thread for (yet another) cyclist bitching session

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TA'd that people keep asking me how I am. Ive been feeling **** since I had covid at christmas. absolutely no energy at all. Constantly being asked how I feel isn't helping. Also, I had relations asking in a family chat group how I was. I am in the group. they didn't ask me, they asked my sister. Like I wasn't there. Not sure which is worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sandz066

Hope you feel better soon, I'm feeling the same way. I've taken this week off work on doctor's orders to try see if extra rest will ease the fatigue.

My TA - yesterday the weather forecast said today should be nice and dry. That'll be perfect for a bit of gardening I thought. It's overcast and fairly miserable !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

At the weekend, I woke up in a panic because I thought I'd overslept my alarm...but it was the weekend, so no work.

This morning I woke up 4 minutes before my alarm, lay in bed (relaxed) thinking"Ah...Sunday morning!!" before reality announced itself. 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Something that has TA'ed me for years,

My friend's husband and nephew have late Jan birthdays within 48 hours of each other, her best friend from work has a birthday 10th Feb. they are quite a few bdays in her circle in Feb., as a couple they push the boat out for valentines day so they know when that is.

She still cant remember when my bday is(just after her nephews) or what is like in my family where we have(had) 3 bdays in 72 hours!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

No, because I'm legally allowed to use the road if I wish, provided I use the common sense that all cyclists are expected to use, which I do. I prefer the road, it's safer for me, and I know I'm not breaking any rules nor am I inconveniencing anyone. The difference between the pavement TA and the road TA is I'm not in anyone's way on the road. I'm really not. And with the pavement TA; people ARE in my way and it IS dangerous.

End of discussion I don't want to get in trouble but I did want to settle your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

The **** Cash Machine on all the "Go Loud" radio stations... It's just CONSTANT advertising and it's doing my head in...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,495 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Do you know those people(Generally woman over 50) who your parents know.

They come up ask loads of personal questions, grill you, make you feel inadequate about your achievements, relationships social awkward if your not in a relationship, etc.

Those people trivially annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My kitchen has taps ,to my mind , which are the wrong way around. Ie, hot on the left and cold on the right. Any other house I’ve lived in was cold to the left!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

My kitchen taps are cold on the left and hot on the right but the bathroom taps are hot of the left and cold on the right, it's incredibly irritating

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭Archeron

Have a particular face mask that I class as a good un, elastic doesn't hurt my ears, neutral colour, good size and always stays in place. While I can't wait to not need it anymore, as they go it's a good one.

Earlier today I was helping somebody carry loads of light but really awkward boxes upstairs, and half way up the stairs, the mask (for the first time ever) moves randomly upwards and gets caught under my upper eyelids rendering both eyes and eyelids useless. Even if I closed my eyes they were closing over the stupid thing so the mask was still touching my eyeballs. TA at badly timed Eye bleurgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Mine are all cold on the right and hot on the left. Same in my folks and there's about 50 years in age difference between the houses. However, my tap-related TA is that the taps in my kitchen and two upstairs bathrooms are mixers, so you can get the perfect water temperature, but the downstairs bathroom has two separate spouts so you've the run the gauntlet between water that's too hot or freezing.

I have never seen hot on the left, and I had 2 uncles ans 3 cousins plumbers.

My main gripe is there a ridiculously tiny marking on the taps, so I was drinking glasses of water from the tank not the mains 😡

On running the gauntlet of boiling water I shared a house where if I was in the shower and somebody flushed the loo in the other bathroom, scalding water came from the shower head !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mine are all hot on the left aswell

On Archerons Post about masks, I have loads of the blue surgical types with broken elastic that I forget to bin

A 'blue' hot tap , and a 'red' cold tap is TA...

Someone somewhere is out there calling himself a plumber...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Light-related TAs

1. poorly angled security lights that shine out of boundaries to blind passers by.
    2. And my neighbours have replaced their porch light with an led that is bright enough to light a runway, it illuminates the whole front of my house and even lights the bedroom despite having black out blinds. It was on a sensor that meant it only stayed on for a few m8nutes and then went off but the sensor must be dirty as it is on all night

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Someone wearing a chin diaper. Occupying next coffeehouse table. Emitting a breath spray as they enthusiastically talk to a friend. Can just imagine the plume about them in this enclosed space potentially infecting us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Easily changed. The top part pops off and switch around

On the verge of a breakdown here,f*** you AIB and your push notifications, trying to renew motor tax on my phone since yesterday, googled push notifications eventually, pressed every option but no joy, I must have wasted hours and fit to combust. Got one of the kids to do it on their phone, took about 2 minutes and now I'm getting lectures about updating my phone. I wasn't going to have wine tonight but I've been pushed into it, I absolutely hate technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Biggest con was them all trying to tell us 2 factor authentication was to make things easier for us 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

My phone has an older version of Android so can't install the app. For online payments I just get a text which is much simpler. I still have to use their code generator for certain transactions or to login to online banking

Watching the Nillison files BBC2. There's snippets in the programme from uk news reports. Maybe this is woke , but listening to the reports there's something about saying Nilsson took a gay man home and murdered him. As it's somehow not as bad as murdering a straight man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I've using the same pen in work for the last two years, the blue ink ran out last year and now the black ink has run out. What the hell am I supposed to do with just red and green ink left

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

My boss is Chinese and she's on AL this week. Last Friday, she showed me a video of her cat because she knows I love cats. The cat was making noise and she was asking it what it wants.

Yesterday morning, I woke up and the first thought that came to mind was why did she speak to her cat in her own home in English and not Mandarin. It's doing my nut now.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 30,495 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement