Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

People asking really stupid obvious questions.
    I've a very close friend who knows I'm pregnant and knows my due date. Every day i wake up to a message saying "????? Any tiny feet yet????"
    Oh yeah, he arrived yesterday.. i just didn't bother mentioning it, didn't seem like a big deal 🙄
    I know she's being nice but it's really pissing me off.
    Same girl messages any time i go on a date about 30 minutes in 'Well.. how's it going???' and a few minutes later '?? Hello? Is he cute???' Drives me mental.
    If he's sound I'm obviously enjoying his company and not looking at my phone and if he's not, I'm hardly thrilled and dying to tell you we're not compatible. I'll tell you tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Sore jaw, causing sore headache. Praying to all the gods that it's not wisdom teeth.
    You might be clamping your jaw and grinding your teeth in your sleep.
    It is happening a lot of people lately from stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

One4all vouchers.....f#@kin crap.
    The places where you would like to spend them dont accept them,
    And then you end using them for some ****e like a crappie Woodies own
    Brand strimmer....that you don’t want or need ( cos it’s not what you want for a present) just to use up the stupid things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Its all down one side of my face though so I don't think its that. Well, I hope its not that! I dunno which would be worse.
    Constant dog barking next door isn't helping the headache either. I'm in a foul humour today all round.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I catch myself clamping my jaw sometimes. definitely stress related.

My own TA for today is GPs that expect you to contact them to get test results. I don't know when the results will be back. They know when they are back. So why cant they contact me? They have to do that anyway because if I call for the results they are never available and have to call me back. as soon as you have paid them their fee they dont give a monkeys anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Its all down one side of my face though so I don't think its that. Well, I hope its not that! I dunno which would be worse.
    Constant dog barking next door isn't helping the headache either. I'm in a foul humour today all round.:mad:

Me too.. I'm sitting here sulking for no reason other than cos that's why 😡😡😡😡

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I think the bad humour may be a reaction to the reopening. It's a bit of an anticlimax.
    Also the last few weeks before the baby arrives tend to drag.
    Give yourself a little treat. You've had a tough time.
    Virtual hugs going your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Eugh god just had a wave of self doubt right before a presentation. Wtf is wrong with me, behaving like a shy, stuttery schoolgirl instead of the woman in her thirties who is so used to public speaking and actually spent four years training in the legal profession where advocacy and on your feet speaking was par for the course. I could literally see the other zoom callers wondering what I was on, and that just made it worse. Mouth working slower than brain too so now my boss probably thinks I'm just an incompetent vegetable. God I'd love a beer.

You are full of hormones. Do the best you can and forgive yourself when you stumble.

Zoom presentations are much more difficult than in person as it's hard to read the room and make a judgement on how you are being received.

It's only a blip and they will have forgotten it by the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

wildwillow wrote: »
    You are full of hormones. Do the best you can and forgive yourself when you stumble.

Zoom presentations are much more difficult than in person as it's hard to read the room and make a judgement on how you are being received.

Thank you :) I'm hoping it's just transient baby brain alright! I'll just be over here comfort eating bagels for the rest of the day :D

• Advertisement

this 100%. Speaking to a group of people and getting absolutely no feedback is just weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

this 100%. Speaking to a group of people and getting absolutely no feedback is just weird.

THIS! I have to give an hour long training session on Teams once a week. The people I give it to are great, most of them are my friends, and we all get on very well.

But there's something about it being a Teams meeting that just turns them all into mutes. I ask if there's any questions or comments, and there's total silence. Then I start panicking that my internet connection dropped 45 minutes ago, and I've been talking to myself all that time. Then, after what seems like an eternity, some little voice will say "No...". And that's that.

Then 2 minutes later, the questions start coming in on email, and when I'm talking to them one to one, they all say they think the training is going great and it's really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Wildwillow is the TA thread cheerleader today. :D

I don't have a newborn baby or one on the way and I'm in Belfast where we already opened up a few weeks ago so I can't blame the foul humour on that either. Can I still have a treat though?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Having to work for a living. I'm so over it. Why couldn't I have been born independently wealthy? Actually fukkit, even dependently wealthy would do me at this stage. I'm totally marrying for money next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Opening my yogurt and theres mould in it.Ugh

Wildwillow is the TA thread cheerleader today. :D

I don't have a newborn baby or one on the way and I'm in Belfast where we already opened up a few weeks ago so I can't blame the foul humour on that either. Can I still have a treat though?

593ooi.jpg

Treats all round today because we deserve it.

Treats all round today because we deserve it.

with the sore mouth I have it would hurt but that is a risk I'm willing to take for the right treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

You hold the door open and the person doesn't put an arm to it as they pass through. You are left feeling like a Butler.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Shebean wrote: »
    You hold the door open and the person doesn't put an arm to it as they pass through. You are left feeling like a Butler.

More when they are too close to let it close behind you but still a little distance away...you hold the door.....do they speed up...not a hope...they just continue to plod along

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Got two mattresses delivered. I saw the van pull up and the guys walk up the driveway carrying them, so I opened the door for them before they had to knock as their hands were full. I'd cleared out a space in the kitchen for them to leave them 3 steps from the front door, so it would be as convenient for them as I could possibly make it (no space in the hallway for them). On opening the door, I gave them a friendly Hi and made sure their path was clear. They marched in, both dropped the mattress in the kitchen, and then walked straight out of the house without saying a single word or so much as looking at me.

I mean, I didn't actually need them to say anything, but it was just really disconcerting having people walk into and out of your house without even acknowledging your existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

People using the terms 'deskside' and 'couchside' instead of saying "I'm at my desk" or "I'm on the couch". I see it in another thread on After Hours. I'm sorry that it annoys me because they seem like a nice crowd in that thread, very friendly to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

More than annoyed with myself....broke the golden rule last night and gave out about the eldest girls camogie training to another camogie trainer in the same club.
    I've always kept my opinion to myself as I don't want to one of those dad's on the sideline bitching.

Trainers are doing their best and they give up their time voluntary....
    Very very annoyed and only myself to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

seablue wrote: »
    People using the terms 'deskside' and 'couchside' instead of saying "I'm at my desk" or "I'm on the couch". I see it in another thread on After Hours. I'm sorry that it annoys me because they seem like a nice crowd in that thread, very friendly to each other.

Tableside trivially annoyed! :mad:

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Tableside trivially annoyed! :mad:

:D:D

I know where you are..

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

seablue wrote: »

Well im on my "arseside" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭storker

TA'd that I experienced a TA today and made a mental note to post it in the TA thread but now I'm here I can't remember what it was so now I'm double-TA'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I know where you are..

But you don't know where I'm going!

TA more rain and thundery showers forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Random abbreviations in sentences.

"The food in John's restaurant is v. good"

"Hope you had a nice wknd"

I don't get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,549 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When somebody tells your their big long story about going to the shops, using hand sanitizer, staying safe, all masked up, etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement