Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,307 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’ve a dentist appointment in 6 hours.. but I’m having a bad insomnia episode tonight / this morning ..….

thankfully it’s just a clean and polish and nothing too invasive but still.. not going to be fun, I need a holiday.

That Blippi fella. He's up there with the likes of pinkfong. I'm nauseous already with a vomiting bug but this will surely push me over the edge 🤮

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭stopthevoting

That is so careless and amateurish. The wrong pronunciation was one thing and could be forgiven if it was a once off, but the worst thing is that it is being allowed to be broadcast repeatedly. There is no one with the common sense to cancel it and order it to be recorded again properly. You would think that RTÉ and the people involved in making the programme would want the promo to sound right.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yeh I cant believe no one has noticed the glaringly obvious mispronunciation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Facebook dating, or rather women who put stupid dots on their photos with cute written over their face.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I’m pretty sure my girlfriend is trying to break up with me. This should at least be fun though.

Mr Tumble makes my skin crawl

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

When someone says they want to "touch base" with me.

Even though I am positive towards baseball.. just no.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Who's Mr. Tumble? Saw his face on some Heinz pasta shapes once...

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Still miles better than Barney ever was.

Sky Q. Jayus its annoying trying to just see what's on / forthcoming on planner.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,495 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've these dreams since I was about four that I was on Crimeline/Criminally as one of the suspects for robbing a shop.

I knew the footage was of me and I'm still waiting for for somebody to identify me. 26 years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I was away on holiday for 2 weeks but my holiday was pretty much destroyed when I got texts on the second day to say that I had spent over €500 outside my phone allowance. I talked to three agents in two days who assured me that this was an error. Still though, my bill wasn't due for another ten days after getting those texts so I couldn't relax at all until I actually saw the physical bill. Thankfully there was no crazy charge on it. By then my holiday was over. I'm still very angry about getting those texts though, they drove my anxiety through the roof on what was supposed to be a relaxing holiday.

Also, my right knee in in utter agony since yesterday morning. Probably something to do with spending so much time on airplanes getting back home. It's on fire at the moment and I can't bend it. Honestly I just want to forget about going to work today, go back home and spend the rest of the day in bed with a duvet over my head 😪

Crime line will be getting a call on their Confidential line. I've bookmarked this for evidence 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Drivers not pushing up in heavy traffic.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Emailed a colleague in the US with a question that had a yes/no answer.

Instead of the simple yes/no answer, he sent me a paragraph of a reply telling me to submit a ticket for "support".

Appropriately, his name is Asif. As if...

Stop, you could start a separate thread for driving on its own......

Drivers not pushing up........while others are up your hole

Drivers using their fog lights and only their fog lights....especially egregious when combined with the first point

Drivers inching forward in anticipation of the lights changing and getting it so wrong they're 3/4 of the way through the junction by the time the lights change

People not giving L / N plates due care and consideration

People who've made errors and are in the wrong lane / missed their turn off / need to go back the way they've came so instead of taking their medicine and finding an appropriate spot to fix this error they just decide to fcuk everyone's day up and interject themselves into their lives.

People with tunnel vision when it comes to driving e.g. There's a busy enough petrol station near me that opens onto a busy main road. If you want to turn right onto that road, you need to cut across two lanes of traffic going to your left and hope that the two lanes on the opposite side happen to be free also. But here's the thing, if you go left instead of right, there's a roundabout 75m up the road and you can just swing around. If there was zero traffic, this would take an extra 20 seconds max over turning right, but in 95% of situations it is quicker to do a loop and come back. The amount of idiots who you see queuing up with their right indicators on is ridiculous.

People with their indicators on permanently while others think they're for decoration purposes and are optional, apparently, and everyone is supposed to be psychic on the roads

About 12 years ago following orthopaedic surgery my mother was sent home from the hospital using a walking frame but was given a wheelchair that she gladly never had to use and in the end recovered her mobility fully…no frame, no chair now. Not even a stick...no difficulty of any kind.

the wheelchair has been sitting in their garage .. wrapped in plastic and cardboard…

My Dad being covid bored decides to call a mobility/health charity and offer them the chair… they are delighted, the chair was never sat in even but the upshot of the conversation is firstly despite him being in his ‘80’s theyd like him to stick the awkwardly conveyable chair weighing about 40 kilograms in his car and take it to them… he calls them back and cancels when he realises that won’t be a smart option ( he’s only out of hospital ffs following a complication from a surgery ) and they agree to send a van and two staff to collect it from him… which is neither a smart option in covid times when it just doesn’t need to happen.

The chair is there 12 years, just… leave… the… fûckin… thing…. Jeez… People having nothing to do can be a dangerous thing…literally. The mother is less then impressed and I don’t blame her…covid plus it could be a thing in time to come one of them requires it themselves but you can’t change mindsets…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭sporina

was in my mate's yday and they have 4 cats.. came home last night with cat hairs everywhere... grrrrr....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

The Virgin Media Six O’Clock show starting at any random time after 6….with zero acknowledgement of saying hello 10 minutes after they should….how do they modify the content to fit the lesser time?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I joined a new company in December. I didn’t have to do an annual appraisal as it was so late in the year.

I have never been in such a toxic office. Some people didn’t get a bonus or payrise and they complain all day long in the office. In fact there is agression also as desks are punched and shouting matches.

From my fresh newbie perspective those who didn’t get a bonus are also lazy as feck and didn’t deserve it anyway

My last job had a long drawn out redundancy process. We came to work every day for 8 months knowing our jobs were lost and there was less complaining and better morale than this place

TA’d at well paid people in permanent roles who bring nothing but toxicity to work and do not know how lucky they are. Many others would like such a job

I went to microwave a bought dinner, only to see use by 8/2 . Should I use it ? Hmm

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger... or very ill... or maims you... or mutate and tries again.

Is it a "Use by" or a "Best before" date? If the latter, you should be ok, if it was stored correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I've complained about the lad that lives next door to me always using power tools any chance he gets. Despite the fact he still does it, I've given up moaning about it. He won't stop, it's clearly his hobby, and I've learned to just work around it (headphones when he starts).

His wife, on the other hand.... She's arguably worse than him. At least he's doing something that he enjoys. But she is one cranky, sour faced, ignorant bitch.

She's a stay-at-home mother, and 90% of the time she's at home. She never goes out, and when she does she goes out for about 10 mins before coming back (clearly a trip to the shop).

My TA is that she is always shouting at her child (she must be about 4) and I can hear her through my bedroom wall.

Right now, as I write this comment, she has been giving out stink for a solid half hour and has been stomping around banging drawers and doors shut, going out the back garden to vigorously throw something into the bin and violently banging the back door shut. She's already ignorant to my wife in that; whenever the postman delivers something belonging to us to next door (when we aren't home he just does this without consent from either party), the neighbour will knock on our door and my wife would answer it, she'd stand there holding the package without a word spoken, as if to say "take it and go away".

She doesn't wave when we cross paths out in the street, she doesn't say hello to us. She just sits in that house shouting and giving out and has a face like a slapped arse all the time. Miserable bitch.

I want to imagine the husband does the DIY to de-stress, living with a mouth like that.

(Update) and now the child is crying. Lovely.

I'm actually tempted to go out and start my shift an hour early

Post edited by Gamer Bhoy 89 on

I have 3 email notifications on my phone, but I can’t find any unread emails. Very trivial yes , but incredibly annoying. ( for me anyway)

Maria f€cking Bailey. No explanation required.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

My friend's sister is an attention-seeker. Always has been. Like, she announced to all and sundry on facebook on the eve of her wedding a few years ago that she couldn't invite everyone as the numbers were limited and she apologised for any disappointment caused.

She is on the front page of the local paper this week with a feature on her recent IVF travails, that of course she documented on facebook and her own instagram page, and she thinks she is some local version of Rosanna Davison or Vogue. But the cynic in me thinks she is doing it to further her own "popularity" and is angling to appear on television.

• Advertisement

I’m trying to contact my GP / surgery regarding an administrative / paperwork matter… a surgery / health centre with 5 doctors, one physiotherapist and a psychologist yet…. They don’t have a general fûcking email address anywhere on their website with which I can contact their reception or admin… I have scanned a document I need to get my GP to read, sign and email back… I’ll be fûcked if I’m making an appointment for that seeing as I was just with him last week where this was discussed… and nobody is answering the phone… odd

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement