Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Anally retentive colleague giving out in a meeting about the wrong part of the issue.

Colleague made a simple and easily made mistake(the inhouse documents are unclear as to how to deal with the issue)

They are stuck like a broken record on "But why did she do that"?

30 times in 45 minutes they have said it now.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,307 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I was seriously and weirdly fatigued yesterday….couldn’t put my finger on why aside from bad insomnia early in the week.. just a feeling of wiped out jetlag, before bed I noted a prevalence of watery / gritty eye, this morning a weird yet mild and dry cough with mild chest pressure with blocked nose and breathing about 90-95% of the usual but not perfect… …. Probably or possibly covid I’m guessing… no symptoms worth worrying about…, I’m double vaccinated and boosted…the jetlag is gone as I type but the gritty eye still there and breathing pretty much better…also by doze is til blocked.

its been a quiet week in terms of social contacts… my Dad was in hospital but tested negative on release last Saturday and had no symptoms…

Only other source could have been the gym where sanitising just isn’t a thing anymore sadly, there is zero oversight, people are not arsed and last day even not all the sanitation stations were equipped with spray… just one of four was… great..the auld fat gossip monger wagon of a manager waddling around looking like Worzel Gummidge’s brother in drag isn’t shy of expressing opinions on various situations yet can oversee that craic.. nice..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Between work, home and college my teeth grinding has gotten much worse, so now i have jaw and tooth pain all day!

Ta its not the week after Easter and a lot of this would be sorted.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Drama queens that are like a repetitive yawnfest. Hold on til I tune up the world's smallest violin for ya. 🎻🤭

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Last night I was parked outside a house. Watching for traffic in my side mirror when almost out of nowhere this fu*king bollocks on a bike appeared on the footpath. In not joking when I say he was practically invisible, not a reflector let alone a **** light.

These are **** I'm taking out on the first night of the purge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'll counter that by mentioning my neighbour (four doors away and around a corner) who often, including this morning, parks his truck in front of my gate. But I don't matter because I don't have a car. I can't even cycle in or out of my garden without almost coming to a stop because of him. He doesn't even park his other vehicle in his own garden either.

I don't even mind if he parks in front of some of my house, just not the metre or whatever that allows access to one side of my gateway. I keep meaning to have a word with him about it but he always seems to stop doing it for a while...until it starts up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

@Badly Drunk Boy I probably should have mentioned it was my house as opposed to "a" house, but it's in my recess at the front of the house as opposed to being actually on the path, but I need to cross the path to get out. I don't live at that house so as you mentioned it's regularly used as a car parking spot for everyone and their aunt. Some don't have fhe manners to keep out from the front gate enough that I can hardly squeeze in to walk to the front door

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Needy people. Can't be dealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭NedsNotDead

When people are taking about the sporting team they support and refer to them "We".

Sorry Buddy you don't play for the team

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

When people say “ we “ are pregnant . No you are both expecting a baby only she is pregnant .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,495 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My laptop was worse for the wear but was going fine.

I left it open on my bed the other night and the cat sat on it.

Needless to say it's not working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

The media hype over the cost of living. They've finished scaring the public over covid so on to the next cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Watching the cost of living debates in TV. Highly paid presenters questioning highly paid politicians. Same when they're talking about public hospital waiting lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

One of the cats has decided to run around the house full pace this hour of the night making as much noise as she possibly can

Post edited by PsychoPete on

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ah, yes, the zoomies. Mine's preferred time-slot is between 2 and 3:30AM (as you can see).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Dog zoomies are better than cat zoomies because at least you know where the dog is, the cat can stealth mode it around and frighten the piss out of you.

TA i can't have a dog or cat

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I'm allowed 1 pet , and because my mobility isn't great I thought a cat would do the job , though I'd like a dog now.

People being deliberately obtuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

People who say historic when they mean historical.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Mecanudo

Moral hill toppers

The Dermot and Dave show on today fm and all the forced laughter at nothing that goes on. They'd be as well just use canned laughter. That show was funny for a whole two minutes before it became old and forced.

It's really forced, and Noni and her chocolate isn't funny at all. It's a real pity that camp fella got fired for ass grabbing . Another TA about Today FM is It's just become a cheap cheesy cash cow with their quizzes/ prizes on offer for €2.50 on the go loud network.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,307 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

VAR in football…

when an experienced FIFA listed referee, has 20 plus ( not an exaggeration ) replays of a clear cut handball that enabled a goal to be scored… but still awards the goal… stopping Leicester who had been the better side from winning in the final minute…..odd

The state of the site. As someone else posted , it used to be that when you logged on in the evening there would be a few pages to catch up on. Now tumble weed. It really hope it picks up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

All clickbait is sh*t and all clickbait is TA.

Ultra shi*t clickbait - and the fact that I clicked on it - - AND read it. F**king proper TA.. 😡🤬

It's worse than begging. I have now blocked the publication from appearing in my feeds on my computer or phone, using uBlock Origin. I have earmarked the 'journalist' to block, in case they start appearing in other media.

This one in particular - (it's not 'funny' or 'tongue-in-cheek' etc.)

Only posting it for reference. It's a f*cking Reddit post, and a sh*t one at that.

Irishman has hangover from hell after making devastating discovery when eating €6.50 chicken fillet roll

.. The clincher - the "devastating discovery" - The story at the very bottom of the article:

"So I ask the deli lad for a chicken fillet roll, he says what toppings, I say the usual, lettuce, cheese, mayo and just a tiny bit of sweet chilli sauce," the man wrote.

"What I have is a roll with lettuce, cheese, mayo and sweet chilli sauce."

No Chicken.

The "journalist" should be dragged by the hair down to the nearest long pier by a crowd and be pelted with rotten fruit until there is none left.

The editor that approved it should be sacked.

Stealing a post made purely for 'likes' to get some of those clicks, should be humiliating for a newspaper, especially with all of the 'actual' stories out there. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

It's not as bad as her going full stealth mode then running in between your legs scaring the sh!te out of you but the other cat I have spends 90% of the time up in her little house lording over everyone with no time for the other cats shenanigans

Facebook dating.

• Advertisement

TA the 'y' word - whatever that is,,

summit about what happened at Spurs match early doors.. heard about it after Superbowl when SS News come on..

My best guess is the 'y' word is possibly 'yid'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement