Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

There's a girl in work at the moment who only does mornings. She's not getting any proper training because the rest of are usually too busy to properly show her stuff, and the absenteeism in my place doesn't help either. I try my best to be as patient as possible when showing her how to book in samples on the lab system and in answering her questions but it's definitely not enough. She needs someone sitting down with her and going through everything properly. I'm feeling bad because I feel I'm not giving her the time she needs but at the same time I'm snowed under with my own work. I'll have to see the boss tomorrow and tell her that she needs proper training because it's not fair on her and I feel I'm getting frustrated myself also because of the situation :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Petty generals.

I hike with a great club most weekends and lately we've started allowing guest walkers since COVID restrictions were gradually being lifted.

There's an older woman in the club, retired from some high up position who still tries to exercise a little bit of authority, what she has missed since retirement. Very stern and doesn't chat during hikes.

She's taken a dislike to me and a few other new members in recent months. Maybe because we chat and laugh a lot. But it's a great social outing and many older members are delighted to see fresh faces on hikes and overall have been very welcoming.

One of my buddies brought guest hikers on a moderate hike this weekend and this woman was there, not as a leader. About halfway through the hike they were lagging behind the rest of us by about 50 metres. About a minute or two of a difference. As they caught up, she marched up to them and attacked them for not making enough progress and to stop talking so much!!! You could have heard a pin drop on that mountain.

We ended up splitting from the group and making our own way back, my buddy and the guests were so disgusted they didn't want to continue walking with this person, and told the walk leader who facilitated us. Two potential new members lost straight away.

All because some petty general decided that marching up mountains with our heads down was the best way to spend our weekend. Instead of having a laugh and a chat, taking photos, or just enjoying the great weather we had.

Gobshittles.

And having to work with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

The Doors - jesus christ they're some drony shite. The song is over after 2 minutes, why do you need another 5 minutes of you w*nking on your harpsichord? Who needs to hear that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

W*nking is censored? Ah here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Love The Doors ;)

Light my fire does go on a bit though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

TA-ers who should know better than to go against the TA!

Mine is not so trivial - the house that I've been renting for 9 years and love as if it was my own is going on the market 😔

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh fcuk, not so trivial

Reflecting my own TA the constant worry about our accommodation and the potential for serious trouble if I'm sick for a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,301 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

With my dad this morning, phone rings, it’s the auld sacristy dragon from his local church… he’s already told them he won’t be returning to be a minister of the eucharist…. He’s a high enough risk category regarding covid, he also has rapidly worsening arthritis and now must use a stick, he is now in his mid ‘80’s….but the auld cûnt is cutting him off as he is trying to explain, putting on the guilt trip hard sell, he can ‘even wear a mask’…and he’ll get a ‘reserved seat’ up the front…. The cûnt rings again I’ll go reserve her a place with Rom Massey…just shows yet another layer of filth, unkindness and evil under the public PR self created sheen of virtuousness that the organization has skilfully portrayed… bullies and weirdos….

I know he’ll be feeling guilty now… “I suppose they’ll be stuck”…” nobody because of covid will volunteer for that “…. which is true but neither is he, fück them….

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA at some door to door people. One came to my door and asked if she could ask me some questions about [whatever it was, I wasn't listening]. I said no I'm not really interested. At that point, she should've said "okay thanks for your time bla bla bla" and walked off (some do, this one didn't...). Instead, she asked me when would be a best time to come back. I just said, in passing "ah sure next week maybe".

She repeated "next week, okay" AND SHE WROTE IT DOWN!!

Look, missus. If I'm not interested now, I'm not gonna be interested tomorrow, or the week after, or any time ever again. I am not interested in anything you're offering me so please respect my boundaries and kindly fúck off. The TA here is the desire to come back to me. Just don't, like.

Rule going forward: if I see you wearing a lanyard, I'm not answering the door.

Oh another TA that I just remembered. There's a woman where my missus works in that is obsessed with believing in conspiracy theories and old wives tales.

She says that depression is fake and there's no such thing as antidepressants, just a kick up the hole (my missus suffers from depression and takes antidepressants...this woman doesn't know). She's also anti-vax, which is fine in and of itself - you shouldn't be forced into taking a vaccine you're not comfortable taking, but this woman villainised everyone in work for taking the vaccine. She had a go at my missus the day after she got her booster jag, and proceeded to put her phone up against my missus' arm. When asked what she was doing, the woman said "I'm looking for magnets", she was serious......... Everyone shrugs her off and regards her a nuisance, but she's insufferable from what I've heard. She starts every morning meeting off giving out about something in the world. One day my missus, who suffers from social anxiety and is the shyest person in the world, actually yelled back one morning when she was going off on some rant about something to do with the irish government, "It's 8 in the morning don't be starting this shite now".

Two days after Russia started invading Ukraine, the woman said "this war isn't real. It's a hoax".

She's a fúckin' psycho....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Might be the Census.

It was!!!! I just remembered that's what it said on her I.D. WTF do they do??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

First I've heard of this. I'm hearing it's mandatory by law to complete?? What even is it? I read what it was but it might as well be in Japanese. What does this do to benefit me?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,301 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Energy salesman calls, oddly doesn’t know I’m an existing customer, gives me a sales pitch without breath or break… big runaway gob on him….offers me a cheaper deal then I’m on, significantly so… then asks who I’m with…

”you guys”..the look of horror was hilarious,,, a bu bu but why didn’t you stop me face..

Me : ”so as a loyal customer do I get this vastly improved deal ? (It was vastly improved) i gots offers from other companies “..

him : “ well, no , erm, I have to get back to the office can I call you later ? Grand “

about 3 minutes later phone rings with him obviously having got back at Mach 3.2 and a very appropriate offer on the same terms as were offered in person….

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I don't understand. Never heard of this at all.

• Advertisement

But what is it? I struggle to read pages like the one on that website - there's way too much information on the screen at once. Like in its simplest form what does it entail?

From Citizens Information

The census establishes the population of the State. It also helps the Government to plan how it will provide public services for the population of the State.

The form includes questions on topics such as age, marital status, sex, place of birth, occupation and religion. The results are then used to plan infrastructure in services like public transport, healthcare, housing and education. Local authorities use census information to predict demand on their services and facilities.

The number of seats in Dáil Eireann is also dependent on the results of the census. Under the Constitution, there must be a TD for every 20,000 to 30,000 persons. After each census a Constituency Commission is set up to consider Dáil Eireann and European Parliament constituencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Would it be reasonable to deduce from your username that you were born in 1989? If so, this would be the seventh census since you were born and the third census since you became an adult.

Yeah I'm 32.

I've never heard of the census before. Was never taught about it, never brought up, never knew a thing about it. I am learning about it for the very first time right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

There’s one in the nativity story. Well, Luke’s one anyway.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭NedsNotDead

I'm really confused. How did we go from talking about a door-to-door person regarding Census to the Bible?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭NedsNotDead

Ok quick explanation as don't want to derail thread. Joseph and Mary parents of Jesus have to travel to Bethleham for the Census. Its their Jesus is born

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement