Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

TA 41 days nigh 😪

@ Dial Sleep On The Left Side,, leave the right side free 🙂

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or sleep head to toe, so you're both on the "right" side of the bed. Yes I know, I'm a genius, no need to thank me.

My TA is that when I came home yesterday evening I walked into the kitchen only to be greeted by an unholy stench, whose source I couldn't identify. Even the cats walked in, smelt the air and started scratching at the rug to cover the smell (it wasn't their fault). This morning I realised what had caused it. Slurry, all over the field behind my house. That's not new and it's usually fine, it disperses after a couple of hours... but this time the wind was blowing towards the house.... and the vent in the kitchen wall... and it still is.... so I can't even open doors and windows to air it out...

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a gas mask?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I parked outside the local shop a few weeks ago. A suv type dark car. Came out and got into , what I thought was my car. It was open. Only to see a handbag and a very frightened girl around 10. Lock your car !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Can you block the vent temporarily from the outside?

My trivial annoyance: I'm trying to be good so I've started having porridge for breakfast at work. I was in the canteen earlier, had a look at the porridge which seemed less appealing than usual (if porridge EVER looks appealing) but I persisted. One of the lads decides that a comment needs to be made. "Are ya laying blocks with that stuff?!?", to be followed by a second lad saying "Paddy (local builder) has been looking for that stuff all morning!".

Come on, lads. I'm trying to be healthy. At least be a bit funnier if you're trying to put me off my food! (The porridge was fine once I added a bit of milk and my special chili honey.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭sporina

was outdoors all day Sunday and my lips are all cracked ever since grr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Whatdoesitmatter

Feeling quite randy but my partner is away with work for a few days. Guess I'll have to head in town to see who I can pick up to satisfy the beast

On the lower deck of the new 46A this morning, a girl in the seat just after the centre doors eating some rice in sauce - very smelly food , and then having a seperate tub of yoghurt for dessert. Yuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭sporina

almost walked out in front of an electric car.. I gotta be more careful - gave the driver a bit of a scare

2 TA's , 1, UTV cancelled showing Lingo today for bloody Cheltenham.

2, ringing the mother to ask did she want anything from the shop when I'll be there. No No , I'm fine. What about milk? Yeah get me 2 milks. !!!

Oh another TA. I badly need a shave , but I'd rather 'cheat' by wearing a mask, even though they're not compulsory now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Been looking at comparison websites and my own comparison with electricity companies as I was with Electric Ireland. Found Bord Gáis to be cheaper. Great I said as I made the switch last night...not 24 hours later and I hear that they are going to be hiking their prices by 26%.....making them more expensive than the crowd I left for being fecking too expensive!!! Might as well go live in the feckin forest and be done with it.

at least Cheltenham is over now and folk can Watch Tipping Point

TA the 2 pointers, as they seem to be harder than the 3 pointer questions, not that too many opt for the 2 point option

and TA Ben getting to hug the birds when they win 😊 bet he keeps a few of those in the "bank" , so to speak 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

You have 14 days to change your mind - wish I did, I’m with Bord Gais for 6 mths - they are gonna bankrupt me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,171 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Be careful you don't pick up a nasty infection.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

I hate mcdonald's but like a milkshake every now & then.

Patrick's week, they're advertising mint shakes, would feckin love one, hit the drive thru, what do they not have.¿

Feckin ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Went to Homebase last night to pick up some paint. I need 2 tins. Only one on the shelf so I ask the nearest employee if they had any more in the back. 'No' he says, 'what's on the shelf is what we have'. Pain in the arse but fine. I'll see if I can get it in another shop. Go to look up the stock in other shops this morning and I see that there's 3 in stock in the same shop I was in last night. Ordered a tin for click and collect and I've already got the message to say it's ready to collect. So that lazy fcuk last night clearly lied to my face about them having more in the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I took a sip of water last night and it went down the wrong way. The first bloody sip! You'd think it was my first day as a human, trying to breathe in water...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My cousin is home from the States so we went for a drink last night. I got chicken nuggets in the chipper on the way home and they didn't throw the oul Brucie Bonus scoop of chips in on top of them. I was devo.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,301 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The ‘no junk mail’ sign was taken off the mailbox on Monday, it was clear as anything, it was permanently well affixed. So didn’t just ‘blow off’..pulled off..

despite the previously present sign during the pandemic there has been odd drops of flyers, adds and offers. … with the sign there….. But this last year a huge upsurge,

But on opening the mailbox this time after the sign going awol there was a well presented booklet (hand delivered not posted) with information on a charity and looking for donations for said charity…... Junk mail, so I’m presuming a flyer/letter bomb company are just going around removing these so they can get on with just spamming the whole area without consequences…

I have a number to put on my door , but I haven't put it up yet, God knows where it is now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Twitter is a cesspool of vermin. I deleted my Facebook account years ago for a similar reason, and I haven't used my twitter account in a couple of years but I do use it to follow links in news stories.

An Rte journalist updates people about Michael Martin having covid and the responses are 90% consisting of the obvious brain dead vitriol sprinkled with your handful of brain dead covid deniers.

What pisses me off is, its not reflective of the general population. 90% of the people I meet don't go around like a rabid dog attacking anything or anyone that speaks, yet stick them behind a keyboard and they turn into complete robotic imbeciles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Mr. Price announced on FB they would welcome Ukrainians to apply for a job in their stores and the amount of idiotic replies that consisted of "employ locals first" sent me into a wave of anger for a brief moment. Mr. Price ended up blocking comments going forward.

Mr.P responded to all of them by sending them a link to the job application page. No doubt none of them even bothered.

"They're coming here taking our jobs" is the most outdated complaint to any immigrant I've ever heard, because the jobs in question are jobs these same whinge-bags wouldn't bother their hole applying for in the first place. Be grateful you haven't been forced out of your country with nothing, out of seemingly nowhere. I'd love to know what they would do in the same situation. Would they stand proud in the neighbouring country saying "I will not apply for a single job here, because I'll be taking it from someone else".... Would they buggery.....

Cuttin' about looking like this as well, I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It will never cease to amaze me what inane and inconsequential hills some Boardsies choose to die on.

Do you not know the Post Man Always Rings Twice. In these times they're probably looking for the overtime !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭donegal_man

"Paddy's Day", I hate that expression with burning passion. How hard is it to refer to our national holiday by it's proper name?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

In Scotland we have "Andy's Day"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Should only be celebrated in Hennepin County, Minnesota.

• Advertisement

nice baps!

TA weetabix dust in cupboard,, cereal in general, the boxes just aint fit for purpose

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement