Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,171 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The locum should be able to sign the repeat prescription cert.

I mean how else are all the patients going to get their repeats filled?

To thine own self be true

How generally the Irish think they are better than some nationalities. You are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Not going political, no political views from me

To turn Micheál Martin into Me-hole is neither witty or clever.

Love the guy, blast the guy, I do not care. I am seeing more and more of this Me-hole on journal.ie (the dregs I know) and twitter and other places. How about a better standard of debate?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Shur, they can't wait. Didn't you know that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger? (Insert facepalm here)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

That behaviour wouldn't be indulged too long at ours

However in a similar vein, the day in the office only results in all those who made it in to the office sitting on zoom meetings with all those at home.

Office can resemble a call centre some times

Going in to the office to join zoom with those at home.. nonsense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Was very telling how #mehole wasn’t “trending” after the guy got covid and couldn’t attend the White House.

If Russia hadn’t been cut off the shinnerbot “machine” would have been working overtime.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Please shoot me... I left the immersion on since lunchtime.... At least it was on sink, but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Actually, I just remembered that the doctor's secretary said that because he had to go to his home country unexpectedly and in a hurry, there wasn't time to organise a locum. And when they tried, there weren't any available (yet) because of the pressures on the health system (or something like that). 🙄

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Try your most used pharmacy and get them in touch with receptionist in surgery, we've been in similar here and it's been worked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,953 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

If you use the same pharmacy all the time they will still give you your meds.

My TA, January flew by but time now seems to be crawling. How is it not the weekend already???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Some people believe in a myth that it can be "too hot". I'm of the opinion that it can only be too hot for a given activity. Too hot for dumbell snatch and box jump overs - yes. Too hot to sit by the pool and drink beer - no.

I definitely need a holiday too. Should I go for two years or three? Did I mean weeks?

Might stretch to three....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’ve trivially annoyed me.

and probably my friends husband and her too..

I’m lying on bed, using ipad, my phone is beside me… I’m messing with the magnetic flip cover of the phone but not realising the phone screen itself is not locked….i hear ringing, look at my phone…I’m calling her on WhatsApp …

2.20 am here, 3.20 am there as they are in Switzerland…. fûck sake Strumms…… aghhhhhhhhhh… I’m hoping she has it on silent is all… ya fûckwit Strumms.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,950 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Why? I call my father Daddy still. Are you one of the people who call their parents by their 1st name ?

Incredibly trivial

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Jobsworth neighbours, more than a TA

• Registered Users Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The kind of people that indulge in this aren't the sharpest pins in the pincushion. It's unfunny personal abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Woman in her 50s or 60s picking up a kid from the school yesterday. Probably her granddaughter.

The woman started singing Happy Birthday to the kid. Lovely thing to do. The singing was very off - flat, and the melody wasn't quite right. No problem, not everyone is a perfect singer, and it doesn't mean that people shouldn't try. Make the kid feel special.

But what was totally, utterly and completely unacceptable is what she sang:

Happy Birthday to Michelle!

Happy Birthday to You-ooo!

How the absolute fúck can someone get through 60 years of life and not know that in Happy Birthday, three of the lines end in you, and only the third line ends in the person's name. It's the most simple song in the world. It has 5 words. Four of those words get repeated multiple times, and the only word that is said once is the name pf the person you're physically singing the song to. How on earth could you get it so back-areswards? You've ruined every birthday you've ever been involved in, including mine (which isn't until autumn).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Women, and it's almost exclusively women, who think peak evening time on a Friday is the ideal moment to hold everyone up in the queue in Lidl or Aldi returning an item.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

There's a guy in the sports news today, called John O'Dwyer.

But in every report they have called him John Bubbles O'Dwyer. Jesus lads, grow up would ye's.

And why does this guy get called by his nickname, but all the hundreds of other gaa players don't?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Is that because he's more know by his nickname?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Its childish, its just my TA.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The politicians do it too. Pat The Cope Gallagher and Boxer Moran and others. It is an Irish thing that is a bit annoying alright

• Registered Users Posts: 13,171 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Duvet covers and pillow cases with zips...it's inevitable they'll break at some point.

To thine own self be true

Maybe not the place for this, but news breaking of Taylor Hawkins ( Foo Fighters ) drummers death. I seen FF videos of him doing solos, and playing guitar and singing. His always looked like he was living the dream, and knew it. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I was ta'd a few weeks ago when the ESB were doing work and one of their trucks left a pool of oil on my tarmac.

They were doing more work yesterday replacing overhead cable and they just f'ed off left the old cable in my yard.

Ffs I was taught as a toddler to cleanup after myself 😡

Call them and give out fcuk to them , and get you tarmac cleaned for free.

That cable will come in handy to unclog drains, sewers, etc.

Can't you deliver it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I like the metal shed. Exactly what I am looking for. Was it much hassle to build?

• Advertisement

Not much hassle for me personally.

It's there since 2014.

It's 7m X 4m.

Concrete floor was 1100.

Shed itself was 3300.

Hooking it up for electricity,good lighting and 6 good quality double sockets etc. was 700.

Condensation is a bit of a pain though.

The wooden shed 20ft X 10ft and is all hooked up with lights and sockets which cost me nothing to do (new neighbour is an electrician) 😁

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement